Why do females climax?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

It's a serious question and we're all mature enough to take this on.

Though the whys are highly speculative since speaking from an evolutionary view point there is no designer or creator running the show, at least from this evolutionary perspective that is.

From an evolutionary perspective its easy to understand why males climax - to deliver sperm for reproductive purposes and the associated good feeling seems to make it a joyful experience so we will continue to reproduce. The warmth of a close and intimate relationship also contributes to the reproductive will of our species, Getting lost in sexual activity is wonderful on a psychological level.

Some evolutionist believe it (female climaxing) is an adaptation that has developed in order to maintain the interest of a mate, making him feel like hes satisfying and therefore useful.

I can certainly see that perspective and sounds like a reasonable assumption to me and may be correct. But I've been thinking about this and have of course another idea that I think is feasible to consider (and it has nothing to do with autism, Peg :)---surprise). I think female climaxing has another very good reason to exist and thats the 'use it or loose it theory' if you will. In other words, at a certain age for most females, the body must get the idea the child bearing is over and thats when menopause occurs. But isn't it reasonable to think that as long as the female body is still sexually active that it might retard the onset of menopause? I can tell you that my wife still experiences her cycle and since about her mid forties it has shown itself within a few days of sexual activities.

Now, I'm not bragging or anything but hey, what can I say, I'm 53 and she's 50 and we're still going pretty strong.

What are your thoughts? Also, any perspective is welcome, not just that of evolution.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Peg

Why do females climax?

Post by Peg »

and it has nothing to do with autism, Peg ---surprise
Heck, I just want to know where that came from. :yh_rotfl
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

Peg;1263180 wrote: Heck, I just want to know where that came from. :yh_rotflFreudian slip I guess.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
koan

Why do females climax?

Post by koan »

"making him feel..."? lol how about making women feel like having sex? providing lubrication, possibly increasing the chance of conception (though there is no evidence for this yet) and quite likely the clitoris is like nipples on men, just the female version of what would have been if gender changed.

I think another interesting question is why females do not climax. :D There's no excuse for that, really. Especially since there are so many possible ways of making it happen every time.
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

koan;1263183 wrote: "making him feel..."? lol how about making women feel like having sex? providing lubrication, possibly increasing the chance of conception (though there is no evidence for this yet) and quite likely the clitoris is like nipples on men, just the female version of what would have been if gender changed.

I think another interesting question is why females do not climax. :D There's no excuse for that, really. Especially since there are so many possible ways of making it happen every time.Good points, forgot about some but doesn't lubrication usually occur without actual climax and through initial stages of a "session"?

As for the women wanting to have sex, absolutely, but lets face it, they pretty much hold the calling card, and can for the most part pick applicant out of the line.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Betty Boop

Why do females climax?

Post by Betty Boop »

Robert J;1263178 wrote: It's a serious question and we're all mature enough to take this on.

Though the whys are highly speculative since speaking from an evolutionary view point there is no designer or creator running the show, at least from this evolutionary perspective that is.

From an evolutionary perspective its easy to understand why males climax - to deliver sperm for reproductive purposes and the associated good feeling seems to make it a joyful experience so we will continue to reproduce. The warmth of a close and intimate relationship also contributes to the reproductive will of our species, Getting lost in sexual activity is wonderful on a psychological level.

Some evolutionist believe it (female climaxing) is an adaptation that has developed in order to maintain the interest of a mate, making him feel like hes satisfying and therefore useful.

I can certainly see that perspective and sounds like a reasonable assumption to me and may be correct. But I've been thinking about this and have of course another idea that I think is feasible to consider (and it has nothing to do with autism, Peg :)---surprise). I think female climaxing has another very good reason to exist and thats the 'use it or loose it theory' if you will. In other words, at a certain age for most females, the body must get the idea the child bearing is over and thats when menopause occurs. But isn't it reasonable to think that as long as the female body is still sexually active that it might retard the onset of menopause? I can tell you that my wife still experiences her cycle and since about her mid forties it has shown itself within a few days of sexual activities.

Now, I'm not bragging or anything but hey, what can I say, I'm 53 and she's 50 and we're still going pretty strong.

What are your thoughts? Also, any perspective is welcome, not just that of evolution.

Ok, so is this only happening once a month then? :D

Also a woman is naturally more 'up for it' as it were, before the onset of her period anyway. I don't see that you are any different to any other couple out there.

Not sure that sexual activity is responsible for holding off the menopause either, I know of a girl in her late thirties that has been through an early menopause and was active sexually, and of two older ladies that were not sexually active and their menopause happened in their late forties.
Betty Boop

Why do females climax?

Post by Betty Boop »

koan;1263183 wrote: "making him feel..."? lol how about making women feel like having sex? providing lubrication, possibly increasing the chance of conception (though there is no evidence for this yet) and quite likely the clitoris is like nipples on men, just the female version of what would have been if gender changed.

I think another interesting question is why females do not climax. :D There's no excuse for that, really. Especially since there are so many possible ways of making it happen every time.

Very good point there, I don't quite understand why a woman would not demand it, and if not demand find out herself!!
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

Betty Boop;1263186 wrote: Ok, so is this only happening once a month then? :D

LOL --I guess I asked for that one. Very witty BTW:)

Betty Boop;1263186 wrote: Also a woman is naturally more 'up for it' as it were, before the onset of her period anyway. I don't see that you are any different to any other couple out there.

Not sure that sexual activity is responsible for holding off the menopause either, I know of a girl in her late thirties that has been through an early menopause and was active sexually, and of two older ladies that were not sexually active and their menopause happened in their late forties.Well, I'm not saying that my theory works 100% of the time. There are alway exceptions and variations in all thing evolutionary.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
koan

Why do females climax?

Post by koan »

Robert J;1263185 wrote: Good points, forgot about some but doesn't lubrication usually occur without actual climax and through initial stages of a "session"?
Sure, but it's the same mechanisms that allow for climaxing... just taken further or long enough. Women can climax from breast stimulation alone.

As for the women wanting to have sex, absolutely, but lets face it, they pretty much hold the calling card, and can for the most part pick applicant out of the line.
But if they didn't care for sex at all... that would affect their desire to choose anyone. Also, attraction to a partner changes the ability to respond to them... mind you, eyes can be closed pretty easily. lol
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

Betty Boop;1263187 wrote: Very good point there, I don't quite understand why a woman would not demand it, and if not demand find out herself!!It is a great point and I think women are demanding it more and more as they no longer have to rely on men to bring home the bread. Its probably true that most women have sacrificed an awful lot in the past for safety and security, not to mention any sacrifice necessary for the well being of her offspring.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
farmer giles

Why do females climax?

Post by farmer giles »

jeeez women climax ????? wtf :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

farmer giles;1263207 wrote: jeeez women climax ????? wtf :rolleyes::rolleyes:I guess you wouldn't know because it happens on sight where you're concerned, Jimbo. Thats why they're panting so heavily by the time you get close enough to notice.

Its the high testosterone level.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
farmer giles

Why do females climax?

Post by farmer giles »

Robert J;1263209 wrote: I guess you wouldn't know because it happens on sight where you're concerned, Jimbo. Thats why they're panting so heavily by the time you get close enough to notice.

Its the high testosterone level.

that must be it my friend :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

thank you ,first time i have laughed out loud in ages :D
mikeinie

Why do females climax?

Post by mikeinie »

Robert J;1263178 wrote: It's a serious question and we're all mature enough to take this on.

Or in your case: Why do women fake climax?? :wah:
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

mikeinie;1263290 wrote: Or in your case: Why do women fake climax?? :wah:That was going to be my next thread, but you've ruined it now.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Skylark

Why do females climax?

Post by Skylark »

The clitoris is really a mini penis. It is hard for a woman to have climax through intercourse alone and I don't think many women do.

A woman has a clitoris for one reason only to be able to enjoy sex there is certainly no other reason. The sensations a man has through intercourse is the same when a woman climaxes through clitoral stimulation. Very enjoyable indeed!
mikeinie

Why do females climax?

Post by mikeinie »

Skylark;1263305 wrote: The clitoris is really a mini penis. It is hard for a woman to have climax through intercourse alone and I don't think many women do.

A woman has a clitoris for one reason only to be able to enjoy sex there is certainly no other reason. The sensations a man has through intercourse is the same when a woman climaxes through clitoral stimulation. Very enjoyable indeed!

Is it me, or is it getting hot in here :yh_sweat
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

mikeinie;1263307 wrote: Is it me, or is it getting hot in here :yh_sweatIts you, the rest of us are being objective....well, maybe Jimbo too.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
farmer giles

Why do females climax?

Post by farmer giles »

Robert J;1263309 wrote: Its you, the rest of us are being objective....well, maybe Jimbo too.

er come again ????:sneaky::sneaky::rolleyes::yh_rotfl
Skylark

Why do females climax?

Post by Skylark »

Robert J;1263309 wrote: Its you, the rest of us are being objective....well, maybe Jimbo too.

Well I am being very objective and it is a very interesting topic, of course I understand that some fellas will get hot under the collar. Whatever rocks your boat! :D Scousers tend to be very down to earth! ;)
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

Skylark;1263336 wrote: Well I am being very objective and it is a very interesting topic, of course I understand that some fellas will get hot under the collar. Whatever rocks your boat! :D Scousers tend to be very down to earth! ;)I enjoyed reading your posts, but I am surprised we haven't attracted more interest in this thread. It started out well. Maybe people are thinking about it.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
wildhorses

Why do females climax?

Post by wildhorses »

I think it is natural for women to climax and that has always been the case. Lubrication and climax are really essential in the sense that without it why should females (of any species) want to be bothered? Lubrication, is the pre-climax stage and without it, sex would be painful. Without a climax phase to look forward to, there would just be no incentive to get involved in the first place. And if that were the case, the species would have died out long ago.
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

wildhorses;1263340 wrote: I think it is natural for women to climax and that has always been the case. Lubrication and climax are really essential in the sense that without it why should females (of any species) want to be bothered? Lubrication, is the pre-climax stage and without it, sex would be painful. Without a climax phase to look forward to, there would just be no incentive to get involved in the first place. And if that were the case, the species would have died out long ago.Glad to see you made it.

There is no denying it's natural, I was wondering if its an adaptation and if so, why do you think it occurred.

Is it possible that female hominids have become so independent that they no longer desire engagement in sexual activities for reasons of procreation? Would that not be a form of infanticide?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Skylark

Why do females climax?

Post by Skylark »

Robert J;1263339 wrote: I enjoyed reading your posts, but I am surprised we haven't attracted more interest in this thread. It started out well. Maybe people are thinking about it.

Thanks Robert. Some people won't or can't talk about it, they think it is too near the knuckle, so to speak! I will talk about anything!
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

Skylark;1263343 wrote: Thanks Robert. Some people won't or can't talk about it, they think it is too near the knuckle, so to speak! I will talk about anything!Cool:)

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
farmer giles

Why do females climax?

Post by farmer giles »

wildhorses;1263340 wrote: I think it is natural for women to climax and that has always been the case. Lubrication and climax are really essential in the sense that without it why should females (of any species) want to be bothered? Lubrication, is the pre-climax stage and without it, sex would be painful. Without a climax phase to look forward to, there would just be no incentive to get involved in the first place. And if that were the case, the species would have died out long ago.

er thanks for the tip :sneaky::sneaky:
Skylark

Why do females climax?

Post by Skylark »

farmer giles;1263345 wrote: er thanks for the tip :sneaky::sneaky:

Farmer Giles, foreplay is the key to great sex! :D
wildhorses

Why do females climax?

Post by wildhorses »

Robert J;1263341 wrote: Glad to see you made it.

There is no denying it's natural, I was wondering if its an adaptation and if so, why do you think it occurred.

Is it possible that female hominids have become so independent that they no longer desire engagement in sexual activities for reasons of procreation? Would that not be a form of infanticide?

When I said it is natural, I meant that it is not just an adaptation. I think it is natural for females of all species. I dont think female independence reduces the desire to engage in sex because, independent or not, the species still must continue. Females are naturally independent of males. It is just that we humans created female dependence on males (for awhile).

If you look at all species overall, the female of the species is not dependent on the male for survival. The female and male are drawn to each other for purposes of procreation. Of course humans are much more complex emotionally and intellectually. But there is no denying that the initial attraction is usually sexual. And any emotional or intellectual attraction is built in subsequent stages of the relationship.
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

wildhorses;1263357 wrote: When I said it is natural, I meant that it is not just an adaptation. I think it is natural for females of all species. I dont think female independence reduces the desire to engage in sex because, independent or not, the species still must continue. Females are naturally independent of males. It is just that we humans created female dependence on males (for awhile).

If you look at all species overall, the female of the species is not dependent on the male for survival. The female and male are drawn to each other for purposes of procreation. Of course humans are much more complex emotionally and intellectually. But there is no denying that the initial attraction is usually sexual. And any emotional or intellectual attraction is built in subsequent stages of the relationship.Well, what about natural selection, then? I know there is certainly sexual selection, but natural selection is by far the most attributable causes for procreation, don't you think?

Why do many females then marry and mate with ugly guys. Stepping back for a minute, I think we must first define sexual attraction. Is it facial looks, body image, muscle mass, physical ability and agility?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
mikeinie

Why do females climax?

Post by mikeinie »

Skylark;1263346 wrote: Farmer Giles, foreplay is the key to great sex! :D

Farmer Giles still thinks that Oral sex is when you just talk about it :yh_rotfl
Skylark

Why do females climax?

Post by Skylark »

wildhorses;1263357 wrote: When I said it is natural, I meant that it is not just an adaptation. I think it is natural for females of all species. I dont think female independence reduces the desire to engage in sex because, independent or not, the species still must continue. Females are naturally independent of males. It is just that we humans created female dependence on males (for awhile).

If you look at all species overall, the female of the species is not dependent on the male for survival. The female and male are drawn to each other for purposes of procreation. Of course humans are much more complex emotionally and intellectually. But there is no denying that the initial attraction is usually sexual. And any emotional or intellectual attraction is built in subsequent stages of the relationship.

I think women and men are attracted to each other for sex not procreation. Many couples do not want children.

I think most women want and need a man in their life, I know I do! :D
Skylark

Why do females climax?

Post by Skylark »

mikeinie;1263373 wrote: Farmer Giles still thinks that Oral sex is when you just talk about it :yh_rotfl

Very funny! :D

I see you live in Ireland. Of course being born in Liverpool I have Irish ancestry.

I love Irish singing and the accent!
farmer giles

Why do females climax?

Post by farmer giles »

mikeinie;1263373 wrote: Farmer Giles still thinks that Oral sex is when you just talk about it :yh_rotfl

good one mike :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
farmer giles

Why do females climax?

Post by farmer giles »

Skylark;1263346 wrote: Farmer Giles, foreplay is the key to great sex! :D

i know :rolleyes::rolleyes:

whats the difference between a scouser and batman :thinking:

batman can go out without robin :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
wildhorses

Why do females climax?

Post by wildhorses »

Robert J;1263361 wrote: Well, what about natural selection, then? I know there is certainly sexual selection, but natural selection is by far the most attributable causes for procreation, don't you think?

Why do many females then marry and mate with ugly guys. Stepping back for a minute, I think we must first define sexual attraction. Is it facial looks, body image, muscle mass, physical ability and agility?

Excellent question. If there is a natural tendency to select a mate for the purpose of procreation....well let's face it.....looks are not good for a hec of a lot in the larger picture. For the purpose of supporting the species, it makes some sense to be attracted to the healthiest males...or most likely to survive. Maybe there is some natural tendency to do that. On a less primal level, looks are definitely not everything. Just because someone is good looking on the surface, does not mean there is anything underneath the surface. All frosting, but no cake. Different women may have different needs, and therefore attraction may occur on different levels.
Skylark

Why do females climax?

Post by Skylark »

wildhorses;1263381 wrote: Excellent question. If there is a natural tendency to select a mate for the purpose of procreation....well let's face it.....looks are not good for a hec of a lot in the larger picture. For the purpose of supporting the species, it makes some sense to be attracted to the healthiest males...or most likely to survive. Maybe there is some natural tendency to do that. On a less primal level, looks are definitely not everything. Just because someone is good looking on the surface, does not mean there is anything underneath the surface. All frosting, but no cake. Different women may have different needs, and therefore attraction may occur on different levels.

I like that saying, all frosting but no cake! :D

Men who believe that their ‘macho’, sweaty body-odour is attractive to women are deluding themselves they should shower and use deodorant every day!

Women like a man to smell nice and vice versa!
wildhorses

Why do females climax?

Post by wildhorses »

Skylark;1263374 wrote: I think women and men are attracted to each other for sex not procreation. Many couples do not want children.

I think most women want and need a man in their life, I know I do! :D

But what is the basis for the sexual attraction in the first place? What is the original purpose of sexual attraction? I agree that most women want a man in their life....but why? What is the basis for that need? Is it a subconcious need? Where does it come from? Even if a couple does not want children, they may still be built with a procreative need that manisfests itself in the need for a partner.
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

wildhorses;1263386 wrote: But what is the basis for the sexual attraction in the first place? What is the original purpose of sexual attraction? I agree that most women want a man in their life....but why? What is the basis for that need? Is it a subconcious need? Where does it come from? Even if a couple does not want children, they may still be built with a procreative need that manisfests itself in the need for a partner.You're a natural evolutionist, WH. Its funny how its so instinctive in some people.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
wildhorses

Why do females climax?

Post by wildhorses »

Skylark;1263385 wrote: I like that saying, all frosting but no cake! :D

Men who believe that their ‘macho’, sweaty body-odour is attractive to women are deluding themselves they should shower and use deodorant every day!

Women like a man to smell nice and vice versa!

Ditto that!!! TAKE A SHOWER FGS. And really...the macho thing....is just a cover up. Real men dont need that.
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

Skylark;1263374 wrote: I think women and men are attracted to each other for sex not procreation. Many couples do not want children.

I think most women want and need a man in their life, I know I do! :DIt certainly seems to be like that lately, doesn't it, Skylark! It also seems that there are more females and males unable to procreate.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
wildhorses

Why do females climax?

Post by wildhorses »

Robert J;1263387 wrote: You're a natural evolutionist, WH. Its funny how its so instinctive in some people.

You read me correctly RJ. I believe that modern human behavior has it's roots in the animal world.
Imladris

Why do females climax?

Post by Imladris »

Why do females climax?

I saw a very interesting programme on the tv a while ago that raised this issue. To try to find out what happened when a woman reaches orgasm they placed a camera inside a volunteer who then had sex.

Her partner ejaculated inside her then she came to climax, what was shown was the pool of sperm inside her and the cervix 'dipping' somehow into the sperm. The conclusion they came to was that the female orgasm was a way of aiding conception by helping the sperm on its way.

BTW it's really hard to write this sort of thing without sniggering at the unintentional sauciness..... :rolleyes:
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Skylark

Why do females climax?

Post by Skylark »

wildhorses;1263393 wrote: You read me correctly RJ. I believe that modern human behavior has it's roots in the animal world.

Well men's behaviour certainly has roots in the animal world! :D
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

Imladris;1263397 wrote: Why do females climax?

I saw a very interesting programme on the tv a while ago that raised this issue. To try to find out what happened when a woman reaches orgasm they placed a camera inside a volunteer who then had sex.

Her partner ejaculated inside her then she came to climax, what was shown was the pool of sperm inside her and the cervix 'dipping' somehow into the sperm. The conclusion they came to was that the female orgasm was a way of aiding conception by helping the sperm on its way.

BTW it's really hard to write this sort of thing without sniggering at the unintentional sauciness..... :rolleyes:Yes, Immy, I've heard that one too...Forgot to mention it.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

Skylark;1263410 wrote: Well men's behaviour certainly has roots in the animal world! :D:wah:

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Why do females climax?

Post by Ahso! »

I came across this piece earlier. I thought I'd add it to this thread. This is a fascinating subject.

“The evolutionary basis of human female orgasm has been subject to furious scientific debate, which has recently intensified,” wrote University of Queensland geneticist Brendan Zietsch and Pekka Santtila of Finland’s Abo Akedemi University in a Sept. 3 Animal Behavior article. “These results challenge the byproduct theory of female orgasm.”

Female Orgasm Remains an Evolutionary Mystery | Wired Science | Wired.com

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Oscar Namechange

Why do females climax?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Most men are unable to bring a woman to orgasm. We lie to spare their feelings.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Betty Boop

Why do females climax?

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1368408 wrote: Most men are unable to bring a woman to orgasm. We lie to spare their feelings.

Then teach them!! It's different for everyone they just need guidance, not lies :wah:
Bruv

Why do females climax?

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1368408 wrote: Most men are unable to bring a woman to orgasm. We lie to spare their feelings.

It might have been better to add 'scientific research has shown' :lips:
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Return to “General Chit Chat”