Facebook

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

buttercup;1262614 wrote: Facebook is evil, i tried it for a day, somebody sent me a duck and i did not have a pond to keep it in, why would anybody do that to an animal lover :wah:

I stressed out about an imaginary duck, i even considered buying it a bloody pond :-2

No way am i going back there, ive got one dead duck on my consience as it is :wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I was feeding my fish all day and getting no coins!:-5:-5

Oscar just told me it only works once a day.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

then yesterday I overfed them!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Peg

Facebook

Post by Peg »

Odie;1262619 wrote: how do you play pathwords Peg?

That's the game Oscar is addicted to. My highest score is only 830. :o
Oscar Namechange

Facebook

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Peg;1262622 wrote: That's the game Oscar is addicted to. My highest score is only 830. :o
That fool K. Snyder dared challenged me to a re-match just now. HA... as if?

THE RE-MATCH SCORE

K.SNYDER......540

OSCAR.........3,160

:yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
K.Snyder

Facebook

Post by K.Snyder »

oscar;1262628 wrote: That fool K. Snyder dared challenged me to a re-match just now. HA... as if?

THE RE-MATCH SCORE

K.SNYDER......540

OSCAR.........3,160

I HATE YOU OSCAR!

I KID! I KID!

I WUV ME WITTLE OSCAR I DO I DO!

I WUV ME WITTLE OSCAR I DO I DO!

YES!

YES!

I DO! I DO!

YES!

YES!

SUCH A PRETTY GIRL!!!!!

YES!

YES!

:yh_wink

:yh_kiss
Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1262620 wrote: You hold down the first letter and scroll over other letters to potentially make a word. You can go straight as well as in a sort of curve.

ahhhhhhh thank you kind sir!:-4

wish they had of told me that.:rolleyes:
K.Snyder

Facebook

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1262635 wrote: ahhhhhhh thank you kind sir!:-4

wish they had of told me that.:rolleyes:

You're welcome me BEAUTIFUL lady! :yh_wink

Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1262638 wrote: You're welcome me BEAUTIFUL lady! :yh_wink

that game is not easy.:-5:-5
Oscar Namechange

Facebook

Odie;1262639 wrote: that game is not easy.:-5:-5
It is a very hard game but here's a couple of tips:

You get more points the longer the word so where possible, add an 'S'.

It takes any word in the English Language Including swear words.

Try to use the 'Q' where-ever possible because you get the 'U' with it meaning more points.

When you find a 3 or 4 letter word, always look to see if there is an 'ING' or a 'ED' to add for more points.

Right... I've fed my Fish... Snooped in on Open Minds farm.... Got some dishes on the go in Cafe world and I'm off to bed. :wah:

Nighty Nighty Nights Peeps.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
K.Snyder

Facebook

Post by K.Snyder »

oscar;1262642 wrote: It is a very hard game but here's a couple of tips:

Try to use the 'Q' where-ever possible because you get the 'U' with it meaning more points.

When you find a 3 or 4 letter word, always look to see if there is an 'ING' or a 'ED' to add for more points.

Right... I've fed my Fish... Snooped in on Open Minds farm.... Got some dishes on the go in Cafe world and I'm off to bed. :wah:

GOOD NIGHT OSCY WOSCY!!!!!!!

I WUV ME WITTLE OSCY WOSCY I DO I DO!

YES!

YES!

I DO! I DO!

YES!

YES!

SUCH A PRETTY GIRL!!!!!

YES!

YES!

Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

oscar;1262642 wrote: It is a very hard game but here's a couple of tips:

- but if you have to drag the letters, they don't end up as words!:-5

just to late here, will try again tomorrow.:(

night night everyone!
Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

Peg;1262622 wrote: That's the game Oscar is addicted to. My highest score is only 830. :o

I hate this game, when you have to drag your letters, they don't make up a word.:mad:
K.Snyder

Facebook

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1262644 wrote: - but if you have to drag the letters, they don't end up as words!:-5

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

That's because you have to know how to spell, dear!

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I KID! I KID!

Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1262652 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

That's because you have to know how to spell, dear!

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I KID! I KID!

I do my dear!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
K.Snyder

Facebook

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1262660 wrote: I do my dear!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

abbey

Facebook

Post by abbey »

K.Snyder;1262643 wrote: GOOD NIGHT OSCY WOSCY!!!!!!!

YES!

YES!

I DO! I DO!

YES!

YES!

SUCH A PRETTY GIRL!!!!!

YES!

YES!

:yh_sick Get a room!
cars

Facebook

Post by cars »

oscar;1262586 wrote: There's around 26 of us all on It.... come and join us :-6
Thanks for the invite oscar, but I don't usually spend more then 1/2 hour on line at any one time. After that, it hurts my eyes. So I try to hit my 3 favorite forums during that short period. :wah:
Cars :)
Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

cars;1262671 wrote: Thanks for the invite oscar, but I don't usually spend more then 1/2 hour on line at any one time. After that, it hurts my eyes. So I try to hit my 3 favorite forums during that short period. :wah:

that's weird, it hurts my eyes to.

I know I'm sitting to close.
Rapunzel

Facebook

Post by Rapunzel »

cars;1262671 wrote: Thanks for the invite oscar, but I don't usually spend more then 1/2 hour on line at any one time. After that, it hurts my eyes. So I try to hit my 3 favorite forums during that short period. :wah:

You might find your screen's too bright. I had that problem too. I got a filter to cover the screen, it cuts the brightness right down. Alternatively, you can buy tinted glasses which reduce the glare. It really helps. :):-6
Oscar Namechange

Facebook

abbey;1262665 wrote: :yh_sick Get a room!
You just jealous :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Facebook

Odie;1262660 wrote: I do my dear!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Have you cleaned your tank Odie? :yh_rotfl
Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

oscar;1262747 wrote: Have you cleaned your tank Odie? :yh_rotfl

oh oh!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

did you buy more fry?:sneaky:
cars

Facebook

Post by cars »

Rapunzel;1262730 wrote: You might find your screen's too bright. I had that problem too. I got a filter to cover the screen, it cuts the brightness right down. Alternatively, you can buy tinted glasses which reduce the glare. It really helps. :):-6
Unfortunately, I have a lazy eye, so I get eye strain easily. :wah:
Rapunzel

Facebook

Post by Rapunzel »

cars;1262785 wrote: Unfortunately, I have a lazy eye, so I get eye strain easily. :wah:

When I suggested tinted glasses, I meant that if you have prescription glasses you can order them with a tint to help shade/protect your eyes.

The tint can be up to 20% (I have 20%) and it really helps shade your eyes from the glare of the screen.

Perhaps it wont mean that you can stay longer than 1/2 an hour at your keyboard, but it may help prevent or slow down the onset of that dreadful headache you get when you strain your eyes too much.

Ask about it next time you have to buy new glasses. It can't hurt and you might find it helps. :)
cars

Facebook

Post by cars »

Rapunzel;1262794 wrote: When I suggested tinted glasses, I meant that if you have prescription glasses you can order them with a tint to help shade/protect your eyes.

The tint can be up to 20% (I have 20%) and it really helps shade your eyes from the glare of the screen.

Perhaps it wont mean that you can stay longer than 1/2 an hour at your keyboard, but it may help prevent or slow down the onset of that dreadful headache you get when you strain your eyes too much.

Ask about it next time you have to buy new glasses. It can't hurt and you might find it helps. :)
OK thanks, I'll look into it. :)
Coconut

Facebook

Post by Coconut »

Thanks for the suggestion Rapunzel! :)
johnspells

Facebook

Post by johnspells »

I had played farm vile, love miter, friend finder. I love these games. They are very interesting. I am addicted to these games.
r4
M.A.S

Facebook

Post by M.A.S »

i don't usually use my facebook account :o
I miss you Odie
beowulf

Facebook

Post by beowulf »

mines open when ever the pc is on :D
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

hoppy

Facebook

Post by hoppy »

I opened an account as a way to keep tabs on my family SINCE THEY WON'T RETURN CALLS OR RESPOND TO EMAILS. I got a mind to remove 'em from my will. Wait a sec. I have nothing to leave 'em. H-m-m-m. Maybe that's why.
Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1307158 wrote: I opened an account as a way to keep tabs on my family SINCE THEY WON'T RETURN CALLS OR RESPOND TO EMAILS. I got a mind to remove 'em from my will. Wait a sec. I have nothing to leave 'em. H-m-m-m. Maybe that's why.

keeping tabs is a good thing....it tells me my son is okay if I haven't heard from him.

I love facebook, its a great way to communicate on your wall, comments on others, keep up to date with family & friends and leave messages, however I hate farmville and all those other stupid ones.
along-for-the-ride

Facebook

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Anyone experience the "Facebook Freeze"? This sometimes occurs with me when I am on one of the applications. I wait and wait and get impatient for the screen to move on, and I find myself closing it and starting all over again.

:-5
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
hoppy

Facebook

Post by hoppy »

along-for-the-ride;1307265 wrote: Anyone experience the "Facebook Freeze"? This sometimes occurs with me when I am on one of the applications. I wait and wait and get impatient for the screen to move on, and I find myself closing it and starting all over again.

That happens to me on other sites too. But I chalk it up to my computer being very old. Don't really know what the problem is.
K.Snyder

Facebook

Post by K.Snyder »

along-for-the-ride;1307265 wrote: Anyone experience the "Facebook Freeze"? This sometimes occurs with me when I am on one of the applications. I wait and wait and get impatient for the screen to move on, and I find myself closing it and starting all over again.

Yes, you may need to purchase a memory chip along-for-the-ride, there relatively inexpensive and is a good fit for slow comps :yh_wink :yh_kiss
Helen

Facebook

Post by Helen »

im on there quite a lot cos thats where most of my family are, theres hardly a day goes by where the site hasnt got some sort of problem !!:rolleyes:

you also have to be careful accepting some of the things that your friends send on there like hearts, hugs etc cos some of them carry viruses.

sometimes you get sent video clips to view, like i did this morning and by clicking on it, its automatically sent to all your friends, if you want it to or not.

i accepted a tattoo to decorate my page with and it messed my computor up totally...............
G#Gill

Facebook

Post by G#Gill »

As I have said before. I do not go on Facebook! There are too many iffy things there, and even more iffy people. Present company excepted ! :-6:D
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1307402 wrote: As I have said before. I do not go on Facebook! There are too many iffy things there, and even more iffy people. Present company excepted ! :-6:D

You have control of who you want to view your profile etc.

you can block those iffy people just like I have and everyone else has done over time.
Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

Helen;1307392 wrote: im on there quite a lot cos thats where most of my family are, theres hardly a day goes by where the site hasnt got some sort of problem !!:rolleyes:

you also have to be careful accepting some of the things that your friends send on there like hearts, hugs etc cos some of them carry viruses.

sometimes you get sent video clips to view, like i did this morning and by clicking on it, its automatically sent to all your friends, if you want it to or not.

i accepted a tattoo to decorate my page with and it messed my computor up totally...............

I find, you have to stay on facebook things only, if you veer off, it could be dangerous to your computer.

I'm there if you would like to become friends.:-4:
beowulf

Facebook

Post by beowulf »

G#Gill;1307402 wrote: As I have said before. I do not go on Facebook! There are too many iffy things there, and even more iffy people. Present company excepted ! :-6:D

set up your account so its private except for the people that you accept as a friend...........and delete them later if you want to stop them being freinds

have the minimum amount of info on there anyway.............if they are good enough friends they will know about you anyway...if they are not they dont need to know

stear clear of alot of the apps, especially any games from Zynga (i hate mafia wars and farmville cos of all the requests i get from other.....and they are resource heavy so make my pc run slow).............never accept anything else that you dont really want or trust who its from

i would be lost without facebook............i keep in touch with friends all over the globe using it

.......and i like my farm town :yh_rotfl
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

beowulf;1307434 wrote: set up your account so its private except for the people that you accept as a friend...........and delete them later if you want to stop them being freinds

have the minimum amount of info on there anyway.............if they are good enough friends they will know about you anyway...if they are not they dont need to know

stear clear of alot of the apps, especially any games from Zynga (i hate mafia wars and farmville cos of all the requests i get from other.....and they are resource heavy so make my pc run slow).............never accept anything else that you dont really want or trust who its from

i would be lost without facebook............i keep in touch with friends all over the globe using it

.......and i like my farm town :yh_rotfl

including me now from Canada!:yh_rotfl

I hate farm town!:-5:yh_rotfl
beowulf

Facebook

Post by beowulf »

*sends Farm Town request to Canada*

:D

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

beowulf;1307480 wrote: *sends Farm Town request to Canada*

:D

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Limey

Facebook

Post by Limey »

I was mildly addicted to zoo world until I completed the achievements. I don't have the patience for all the extra stuff they keep adding on for holidays etc. Find it boring... I just liked the animals :D
Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

Limey;1320891 wrote: I was mildly addicted to zoo world until I completed the achievements. I don't have the patience for all the extra stuff they keep adding on for holidays etc. Find it boring... I just liked the animals :D

I tried setting up a fish tank, it ended up that I killed them all through lack of feeding them!:yh_rotfl

Thank god I don't do that to my own tropical fish!:wah:

and this summer, I have no time for games, as its just bee-bopping like crazy!:guitarist

It certainly makes up for a rough day!:yh_rotfl

My friends and my comments just keep a rocking!:wah:
Peg

Facebook

Post by Peg »

I'm becoming addicted to Frontierville.

Speaking of facebook, people crack me up. One girl who is pregnant posted how she is sick, throwing up, and having stomach pains. If I was pregnant and having those problems, I wouldn't be posting it on facebook, I'd be heading to the emergency room! She made a miraculous recovery today though. LOL
Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

QUOTE=Peg;1328843]I'm becoming addicted to Frontierville.

Speaking of facebook, people crack me up. One girl who is pregnant posted how she is sick, throwing up, and having stomach pains. If I was pregnant and having those problems, I wouldn't be posting it on facebook, I'd be heading to the emergency room! She made a miraculous recovery today though. LOL

mabe she posted via cell phone at the hospital.:yh_rotfl

My neighbours daughter did that a few weeks ago from her dentist offfice, my god, is it fb that contagious?:wah:

Glad she's okay Peg, no, I would not be posting on fb if I was in pain.

Is Frontierville a new game?
Peg

Facebook

Post by Peg »

It's a newer game.

One girl post from her phone that she was sitting in the doctor's office waiting, and waiting, and waiting. As soon as she posted it, she got called to the room. She asked if he had just read her facebook post. :yh_rotfl
Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

Peg;1328854 wrote: It's a newer game.

One girl post from her phone that she was sitting in the doctor's office waiting, and waiting, and waiting. As soon as she posted it, she got called to the room. She asked if he had just read her facebook post. :yh_rotfl

omg!:yh_rotfl

It is an addiction!:wah:

I must check out this new game, just hope it doesn't get me addicted.:wah:
OpenMind

Facebook

Post by OpenMind »

I was spending so much time on the FB games, I forced myself to stop. Though I still keep getting requests for bricks, cakes, and the wotnot.

Addictive or what? My wee lass was disappointed that I stopped playing Petville. Poor ole Fred.:yh_rotfl
Odie

Facebook

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1328869 wrote: I was spending so much time on the FB games, I forced myself to stop. Though I still keep getting requests for bricks, cakes, and the wotnot.

Addictive or what? My wee lass was disappointed that I stopped playing Petville. Poor ole Fred.:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Facebook

OpenMind;1328869 wrote: I was spending so much time on the FB games, I forced myself to stop. Though I still keep getting requests for bricks, cakes, and the wotnot.

Tell Arabella that Fred Is ok.... I feed and groom him for her every day and today I gave him a treat.

My pet called 'Brian Nomad' Is also doing well as Is my city called 'Nomad Town'.... :yh_rotfl

The kids love doing Petville when they are here so I have to keep the damn thing going.

Your fish are still alive as well Roger only because I feed them every day :yh_rotfl

Return to “The Coffee Shop”