Starbucks

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
Omni_Skittles

Starbucks

Post by Omni_Skittles »

chrisb84uk;839022 wrote: Ah hahaha how I enjoy our random chats!! :wah: :plol what else do we have to do? i mean it's not like i'm swarmed with papers and studying... wait wait... i am. :(
Smoke signals ftw!
chrisb84uk

Starbucks

Post by chrisb84uk »

Omni_Skittles;839025 wrote: lol what else do we have to do? i mean it's not like i'm swarmed with papers and studying... wait wait... i am. :(

Ah but the temptation of seeing me and taking TLW is just to enticing isn't it instead of working! :rolleyes: :wah:

Well ok the latter one is, probably not the first! :D
Omni_Skittles

Starbucks

Post by Omni_Skittles »

chrisb84uk;839033 wrote: Ah but the temptation of seeing me and taking TLW is just to enticing isn't it instead of working! :rolleyes: :wah:

Well ok the latter one is, probably not the first! :D

coffee christ! we are suppose to be talking about coffee!
Smoke signals ftw!
chrisb84uk

Starbucks

Post by chrisb84uk »

Sorry, sorry I have a habit of going off topic! :wah:

Ok back on topic - COFFEE IS EVIL!! :yh_devil
Omni_Skittles

Starbucks

Post by Omni_Skittles »

chrisb84uk;839044 wrote: Sorry, sorry I have a habit of going off topic! :wah:

Ok back on topic - COFFEE IS EVIL!! :yh_devilIs not! lol and i notice!
Smoke signals ftw!
chrisb84uk

Starbucks

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well what else do you like to drink besides coffee?
Omni_Skittles

Starbucks

Post by Omni_Skittles »

water, energy drinks, naturally since i am from texas- Dr. Pepper, Hot Chocolate, umm umm coffee haha oh oh and smoothies!
Smoke signals ftw!
chrisb84uk

Starbucks

Post by chrisb84uk »

Ah another Hot chocolate fan, then we do have something in common. Nothing like a good hot chocolate on a cold day to warm you up if you ask me!! :-6

Ooops going off topic again! :D
Omni_Skittles

Starbucks

Post by Omni_Skittles »

chrisb84uk;839065 wrote: Ah another Hot chocolate fan, then we do have something in common. Nothing like a good hot chocolate on a cold day to warm you up if you ask me!! :-6

Ooops going off topic again! :Dmaybe the random thread is more suitable for you! ^__^
Smoke signals ftw!
chrisb84uk

Starbucks

Post by chrisb84uk »

Quite possibly!! :wah:

Right I'm leaving this thread!!
KarmaDoodle

Starbucks

Post by KarmaDoodle »

Omni_Skittles;839057 wrote: water, energy drinks, naturally since i am from texas- Dr. Pepper, Hot Chocolate, umm umm coffee haha oh oh and smoothies!

Do you like AMP energy? They have some great new flavors - Relaunch, Elevate, Traction, and Overdrive. vroooomm vroooom I can feel the caffeine getting me in gear....
Omni_Skittles

Starbucks

Post by Omni_Skittles »

KarmaDoodle;839080 wrote: Do you like AMP energy? They have some great new flavors - Relaunch, Elevate, Traction, and Overdrive. vroooomm vroooom I can feel the caffeine getting me in gear....I LOVE AMP! omg haha
Smoke signals ftw!
KarmaDoodle

Starbucks

Post by KarmaDoodle »

NICE - mee too - have you tried the AMP slurpees at 7-11 yet? perfect for the warmer weather.
Omni_Skittles

Starbucks

Post by Omni_Skittles »

have not been to a 7-11 in such a looong time :wah:
Smoke signals ftw!
rroebuck

Starbucks

Post by rroebuck »

yum Starbucks! I love it but don't go very often. I enjoy their business model.
Odie

Starbucks

Post by Odie »

oh god, hate that coffee, wayyyy to strong and expensive.

I will take Tim Hortons everyday:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
AussiePam

Starbucks

Post by AussiePam »

I hate it too, but it's not too strong, just stewed sort of tasting...yucko.. BUT, they do have wonderful armchairs - and for the price of a coffee (which one doesn't have to drink) you can sit and read a book in comfort just out of the madding crowd in one of the busiest train stations in Sydney city.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Odie

Starbucks

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;932096 wrote: I hate it too, but it's not too strong, just stewed sort of tasting...yucko.. BUT, they do have wonderful armchairs - and for the price of a coffee (which one doesn't have to drink) you can sit and read a book in comfort just out of the madding crowd in one of the busiest train stations in Sydney city.

that does sound really nice! Most of ours are fast-served, no seating areas.

maybe strong is not it, I find it tastes bitter.
AussiePam

Starbucks

Post by AussiePam »

Yesterday, Starbucks announced plans to close almost all their outlets in Australia. They linked closures not so much with the economic situation in America but more with an underestimation of the sophistication of the existing cafe culture in Australia.

Whatever - I'm sorry a lot of Aussies are going to lose their jobs. The outlet where I've been happy to rent an armchair for the cost of the brew I don't drink, is one of the ones which will remain open, at least for the moment.

http://business.smh.com.au/business/sta ... -3mt1.html

Okie

Starbucks

Post by Okie »

AussiePam;634822 wrote: What ever happened to coffee? Black and oily beans ground fresh and espresso'd. Nothing added. (Pam swoons at the thought...)

I keep a bag of Hawaian beans in my freezer and make some now and then. I do like it a lot but easier to just use preground Folgers. Not to bad if you use enough in the pot. I used to make expresso but now just make strong coffee.
AussiePam

Starbucks

Post by AussiePam »

I'm just rushing off, Okie, but saw your name and of course had to race in and say hi!!!!!!!!! How ya doing? Hope the weather didn't get too bad for you!!!! :-6

Cazza

Starbucks

Post by Cazza »

NotToday;634782 wrote: Is anyone else addicted?

It's awful and it's an expensive addiction and I cannot quit. It's awful.

I just finished a Venti Iced Chi Tea Latte. What are you hooked on?

Yes, I like a vanilla late and their mini mince pies!

Yummy!
Odie

Starbucks

Post by Odie »

Cazza;1078545 wrote: Yes, I like a vanilla late and their mini mince pies!

Yummy!

ahhhhhhhhhh someone that knows what mince meat pies are!:-5:yh_rotfl
Cazza

Starbucks

Post by Cazza »

Odie;1078602 wrote: ahhhhhhhhhh someone that knows what mince meat pies are!:-5:yh_rotfl

I don't eat meat mince pies. BSE beware!
Odie

Starbucks

Post by Odie »

Cazza;1078661 wrote: I don't eat meat mince pies. BSE beware!

I know!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl....me neigher.

I mean the orginal ones from the UK, fruity fillings, best served warm with whip cream.:)
Cazza

Starbucks

Post by Cazza »

Odie;1078662 wrote: I know!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl....me neigher.

I mean the orginal ones from the UK, fruity fillings, best served warm with whip cream.:)

I think they are nice on their own.

Can't you buy decent ones in Canada?

By the way what is the weather like, had much snow?
nok

Starbucks

Post by nok »

I really love their frothy warm milk with caramel sauce ( Yummmmy ! ) :D but I agree with you, the drinks here are expensive.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
nok

Starbucks

Post by nok »

During Christmas, Starbucks has a heart-shaped chocolate in a red box with a lovely long gold ribbon on the top. One of my students gave me one as a Christmas present a couple of years ago.

The chocolate was of good quality and absolutely deeee- li-cious !
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
Kindle

Starbucks

Post by Kindle »

NotToday;634782 wrote: Is anyone else addicted?

It's awful and it's an expensive addiction and I cannot quit. It's awful.

I just finished a Venti Iced Chi Tea Latte. What are you hooked on?

I love the coffee and the raspberry scones. The Chi tea, hot or cold, is great and there's this iced strawberry frap I'm fond of.

I usually get a coffee at the beginning of my errands and it will last me through my run.

I'm in a 3 person discussion group and we meet at Starbucks and, on occassion, especially in the Summer when it is very, very hot and humid, our Shawl Ministry group will knit there. Sometimes I just go there with a book and enjoy my coffee while I read a bit.

I've gotten my hubby hooked too. We both have Starbuck cards and he will often go out on Sunday mornings to get our coffee to take with us to church. :D Church coffee is most pityful........

When he took me to Europe 2 years ago, I got ever so excited everytime I saw one and we definitely had to go and have a cup. When we travel here in the states, I am ever on the lookout for one. Good coffee makes my day. Bad coffee makes me irritable and no coffee puts me into withdrawal, which is not a pleasant experience.

I buy Starbuck coffee beans and brew Breckfast Blend for myself at home.

I love my Starbucks. I am a coffee addict.

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
AussiePam

Starbucks

Post by AussiePam »

Naughty Pam was going to make a comment, but is going to resist the temptation... :lips:

:-6

Kindle

Starbucks

Post by Kindle »

AussiePam;1083370 wrote: Naughty Pam was going to make a comment, but is going to resist the temptation... :lips:

:-6

Stiffling your impulses could be harmful to your health.................:rolleyes:

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
AussiePam

Starbucks

Post by AussiePam »

:sneaky:

Well you did ask...

It's just that, to an Aussie, Starbucks and coffee are kind of unsayable in the same breath. We go to a good Italian or French style cafe for coffee, or brew it at home. We go to the few Starbucks left here for a milk drink with smarties in it, or to find a comfy chair to sit and read in.

sleepingbeauty

Starbucks

Post by sleepingbeauty »

Oh I love Starbucks too. I like their Java Chip Frappuccino sooo yummy! It's bad bad but so addicting. Lol
Flora

Starbucks

Post by Flora »

I was hooked when I lived in london. It's hard not to be, there are just about as many Starbucks there as there are pubs! If you resist one, you get to the next corner, cross the Street and there is another. It's a conspiracy. They also used the yummiest Soy milk, and heated it just right.

Now, I am home in oz, and I am free from this addiction. I was hooked on gloria jeans for a while, but I have weaned myself off and don't get tempted every time I walk into the shopping centre anymore. Hooray!

Now I'm hooked on iced tea with aloe vera jelly, though I imagine that will stop now it's getting colder.
"How people treat you is their karma, how you react is yours."
Sunshine

Starbucks

Post by Sunshine »

We sell their Frapachinno in the place I work. I takes all my willpower to not buy a zillion bottles of it. (((((((Yummmmmmmm)))))))))
Earl Purple

Starbucks

Post by Earl Purple »

I love Starbucks lattes and particularly rate them above Costa because I can add vanilla powder to my coffee which enhances the taste.

I do not think their coffee is that overpriced given that they have a store to maintain and staff to pay as well as they have fairtrade arrangements which means effectively that as much of their coffee comes from Ethiopia, they (and those of us who shop there) are helping support the Ethiopian economy. They have probably helped to contribute to Ethiopia through their business more than Bob Geldof ever did (much that what Bob Geldof did was great, because even saving one life is great and he helped to saved many).

What I have not been able to work out is where to actually buy that vanilla powder myself. I have no idea where they get it.
Silverplanter

Starbucks

Post by Silverplanter »

I love Starbucks chocolate truffle espresso, it's amazing.
AussiePam

Starbucks

Post by AussiePam »

Earl Purple;1192654 wrote: I love Starbucks lattes and particularly rate them above Costa because I can add vanilla powder to my coffee which enhances the taste.

OMG.. just saw this. Real coffee needs no enhancement... no milk, no sugar, no frothy muck, no ice cream, yoghurt, nutmeg, deep fried chicken, donuts, no vanilla, hazelnut, pecan, cinnamon, cookies, pumpkin pie or smarties.... Good coffee - as in a proper cafe - stands on its own, proudly, and is perfect...

Odie

Starbucks

Post by Odie »

that coffee tastes like mud.
K.Snyder

Starbucks

Post by K.Snyder »

I haven't had Starbucks at all...:thinking:NotToday...
Coconut

Starbucks

Post by Coconut »

Silverplanter;1261207 wrote: I love Starbucks chocolate truffle espresso, it's amazing.

i haven't tried that one but it sounds yummy! i usually get the skinny soy cinnamon dolce latte.
manuelito

Starbucks

Post by manuelito »

That is gazpacho?
Nomad

Starbucks

Post by Nomad »

AussiePam;634822 wrote: What ever happened to coffee? Black and oily beans ground fresh and espresso'd. Nothing added. (Pam swoons at the thought...)

Diet staple here. Daily intake; at least 1 pot a day.

I do once a week stop for a triple espresso because itreallyrevsmeupanditssocozyinthelittleshop
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Starbucks

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1275676 wrote: Diet staple here. Daily intake; at least 1 pot a day.

I do once a week stop for a triple espresso because itreallyrevsmeupanditssocozyinthelittleshop

1 pot a day?

no wonder!:yh_rotfl
Maristar87

Starbucks

Post by Maristar87 »

They're too expensive and too sugary/calorific in my opinion (I can't have the skinny stuff, long story.) I'll go there once in a while, but I don't make a habit of it. I'd rather go to the gas station and get a 16oz cup of black coffee for a $1, or make my own.

Return to “The Coffee Shop”