Is Your House Haunted?

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
Haunted Yorkshire

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by Haunted Yorkshire »

Hi,

I am currently doing research in to hauntings, (in the Yorkshire area of the UK), and would be very interested in hearing any stories of such phenomonon...

Dawn...
Raven

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by Raven »

Me too! Ever been to greyfriars in edinburgh?
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Haunted Yorkshire

Is Your House Haunted?

No, not to press...

Have you?:)
Raven

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by Raven »

Not yet. But I will be heading that way next summer. I love to go to haunted places. They kind of inspire me.
Haunted Yorkshire

Is Your House Haunted?

Have you been to York yet?

Its incredible....filled with haunted locations...

:)
Raven

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by Raven »

Heading there for our next holiday. We have done N. Wales and Cornwall so far. We have found many places that some would call haunted, but I tend to think of them as spiritual retentive. They are very old places. Even caught some orbs on camera!
Haunted Yorkshire

Is Your House Haunted?

Let me know nearer to your visit....I have a list of places you could visit in York...

YZGI

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by YZGI »

My house in not haunted now, but it will be when I'm gone.:guitarist
Haunted Yorkshire

Is Your House Haunted?

LOL....

That's just what I said to my Mum the other day..Im sure going to have some fun scaring peeps when I go.... ;)
Haunted Yorkshire

Is Your House Haunted?

Its funny, I have had an email from a lady who lives abroad, and she has told me about a house she used to live in, when she lived in the UK.... and apparently she said its is very haunted, and its one of those houses where no one ever stays long, its always up for sale....and it just so happens to be in West Yorkshire.....she gave me the address.....Im thinking of doing a mail drop to all the houses in that area....to see if they get in touch with me..

:-2 will have to wait and see!

It would be nice if something came of it anyway...
SuzyB

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by SuzyB »

I love watching that programme on sky, with yvette fielding. I quite often end up screaming like a loon!!!
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Haunted Yorkshire

Is Your House Haunted?

ahh(MH)....

I don't tend to watch to be honest..I used to when it first came out.... a few yrs ago tho..

I did think it was better when Gordon Smith was the medium, he is fantastic.

SuzyB

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by SuzyB »

Going off the subjet slightly, i'm going to see Colin Fry next month. Do you ever get seriously spooked?? I love everything like this but it really gives me the willys! I'm convinced that their is SOMETHING in my house, i keep hearing someone walking around through the night, i've sent the other half to have a look and he's seen nothing and no-one, kids have been fast asleep!!!
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Haunted Yorkshire

Is Your House Haunted?

Nar, I don't get serious scared....that said we have had one or occasions when I have lost diplomacy on the language front(swore) .... lol

We were all down in the dark in this pub beer cellar, it was deadly quiet, at about 3 in the morning then some drunk, on his way home stomped on the barrel drop doors (that breweries drop the beer kegs down in to the cellar).... and scared the living poop out of us!!!

Then there was another time when myself and Wendy were walking along a dark landing and as we passed by a bedroom the TV switched its self on!!!!!(the door was open wide) no one was in the room.....once again verbal diplomacy was no where to be seen! rolfmao...

Colin Fry.... Ive only seen him on TV.... you will have to let us know how it goes :)
Haunted Yorkshire

Is Your House Haunted?

SuzyB wrote: Going off the subjet slightly, i'm going to see Colin Fry next month. Do you ever get seriously spooked?? I love everything like this but it really gives me the willys! I'm convinced that their is SOMETHING in my house, i keep hearing someone walking around through the night, i've sent the other half to have a look and he's seen nothing and no-one, kids have been fast asleep!!!

Heres something you could try...

do you own a digital camera? put all the lights out in your house and go round taking flash photography, and see what you photograph...

Take 2 pictures of the same spot straight after eachother so that if you do get something you have another taken straight after it to compare it with :)
K.Snyder

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by K.Snyder »

I don't think my house is haunted....

Although people tell me they hear strange noises coming from my bed room. :wah:

(Oh -- you're right that is a good joke)

(If only it was a joke)
weber

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by weber »

My house is haunted.......hey, I live it so of course it is:D
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?
Haunted Yorkshire

Is Your House Haunted?

K.Snyder wrote: I don't think my house is haunted....

Although people tell me they hear strange noises coming from my bed room. :wah:

(Oh -- you're right that is a good joke)

(If only it was a joke)

mwahahaha, is that followed by strange rythmic knocking noises too?

lol:wah:
Haunted Yorkshire

Is Your House Haunted?

weber wrote: My house is haunted.......hey, I live it so of course it is:D

:D hehehe
K.Snyder

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by K.Snyder »

Haunted Yorkshire wrote: mwahahaha, is that followed by strange rythmic knocking noises too?

lol:wah:

Nah more like chains like that of ghost from Christmas past. :wah:
Haunted Yorkshire

Is Your House Haunted?

~~~~makes mental note: "into bondage"......

:wah:
K.Snyder

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by K.Snyder »

Haunted Yorkshire wrote: ~~~~makes mental note: "into bondage"......

:wah:

I'm not into it,.....

but the girls....they love it.

Especially when I struggle :sneaky:
Haunted Yorkshire

Is Your House Haunted?

;) I bet you like them to struggle....don't you? :sneaky:
K.Snyder

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by K.Snyder »

Haunted Yorkshire wrote: ;) I bet you like them to struggle....don't you? :sneaky:

:) I'm a stickler
Haunted Yorkshire

Is Your House Haunted?

I bet...:sneaky:

well, you have really lead me astray here.... where were we?...

bad boy! bad boy! now go straight to my room!...

Hauntings...yes...ghosties and ghoolies and things that go bump in the night.... besides Mr Snyder's nocturnal shenanigans! heheheh :wah:
SpiderSam

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by SpiderSam »

I think my house is haunted. The room I used to have the PC in I think is for sure. I would turn it off at night, come down in the morning and it would be turned on. Also there have been pictures taken in that room and it has shown up possible Orbs in them. Could well have been dust though. Another time I was shampooing the landing carpet and I was s sure someone was behind me. I turned really quick but nobody was there. I felt the prescence of somebody though. Also, sometimes I get a strong smell of perfume every now and again in the lounge.

Chances are it might be haunted as it is a big old Victorian house.
Nomad

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by Nomad »

Im pretty sure your house is haunted. Not by good ghosts either. Im getting that feeling that theyre really really bad ghosts.
I AM AWESOME MAN
SpiderSam

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by SpiderSam »

My 5yo girl turned round to me this morning and asked what the funny sound was she heard at my bedroom door was. I said I don't know and I had not heard anything. This was the same spot that I felt the prescence of somebody behind me whilst shampooing the carpet.
DelicateDominatrix

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by DelicateDominatrix »

No it's not,but I have lived in a haunted house 2 times before many years ago.
The One

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by The One »

Currently, no.

However, I have, over the course of my life, lived in four total.

My mom is psychic and I think a lot of the activity has "gravitated" toward her.

I was a baby in the first house- it was full of white and black "blobs" that would appear to my parents out of the corner of their eyes. When they'd turn to look it would disappear.

Second house when I was 4-7 years old, heard my name called several times while taking a bath (shower curtain pulled, bathroom door closed, I'd hear the voice coming from the other side of the curtain). Also a few times while in bed a small white figure walked from the foot of my bed up towards me... I'd close my eyes for a few seconds, open them and it would be gone.

Third place was an apartment, I was in middle school. The place was "normal" until my mom had a seance (sp?) in the dining room. She did it the right way, with a protection prayer. The problem is, my older brother decided to do his own with friends of his WITHOUT the protection. After that the place was overrun with hard loud knocks and bangs in the walls, TV turning on and off on their own, voices, shadows etc.

Last place was my first apartment after moving out of my mom's place. There was the spirit of a man localized to the bathroom. He would throw things down the hallway (curling iron, hair brush etc). You could his outline in the darkened entrance to the bathroom at night just standing there. My friends stayed overnight one night and saw him; I hadn't told them anything about it in advance. One day, for whatever reason, it just stopped.
henrychalder

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by henrychalder »

Can you tell me of anything your mother has gleaned from these seance's that was significant without over egging it?

Have you had any odd dreams that you've woken up from that seem very real?
Victoria

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by Victoria »

We used to live in a haunted house it was formally two cottages and a blacksmiths forge.Built in 1852 although there had been a dwelling on the site since 1650

We had various types of ghost the one would call us so that my hubby and I would meet in the hallway both thinking we had been called by the other.

Then there were the people that walked about and bumped things upstairs.

Two visitors thought they saw my husband walk down the hall when I knew he was fast asleep in bed.

Poltergeist activity frying pans flying out of cupboards large tins suddenly jumping off of shelves.ect ect

Smells mostly candle or parrafin lamps.

The electrics were compleatly re-newed and yet the tv and stereo would turn themselves on and off at random( not from stand by) sound and channels would change at random.

When we tried to sell the house random wet patches would appear on the walls. These were interior stud walls with no heating or water pipes in above or below them ! The patches would leave no stains and would dry as suddenly as they appeared. When my husband repainted one of these walls the word HELP appered in the paint. We took photos.

Then the day before we exchanged the agent phoned to say that he had been to the house and that there was water pouring through the kitchen ceiling we arrived not even an hour later and it was bone dry.

The new people bought the house moved in but then for nearly a year they refused to sleep in the house and put their bed in the garage.:eek::eek:

The house is now up for sale again.!
henrychalder

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by henrychalder »

Then show me the picture that said 'help' :-3
nvalleyvee

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by nvalleyvee »

Haunted Yorkshire;423784 wrote: Hi,

I am currently doing research in to hauntings, (in the Yorkshire area of the UK), and would be very interested in hearing any stories of such phenomonon...

Dawn...

25 years ago I lived in a small apartment complex. They had an apartment that ran parallel to mine........our hallways were next to each other. They were an elderly couple and he died in the apartment. She would come to my apartment and tell me HE was still there. There were many times when she was at my apartment and we could hear him walking the hall.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Victoria

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by Victoria »

henrychalder;681739 wrote: Then show me the picture that said 'help' :-3

I would gladly but it is not a digital photo and this old PC cant cope with anything more complicated than the most :confused simple tasks:(

Anyway if you are a doubter then the photo wouldn't prove anything to you it wiould just raise your second, third, line of prove it questions.

I dont mind. I know what happened in my house
Victoria

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by Victoria »

henrychalder;681739 wrote: Then show me the picture that said 'help' :-3

I would but it is not a digital photo and this old PC is not capable of doing anything but the simplist of tasks.

I sense doubt from your reply and seeing a photo wouldnt solve that it would just raise new lines of prove it questions from you.

Thats ok, I know what happened in my house.
henrychalder

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by henrychalder »

Haven't you access to a scanner at your local library that you can use to download through the internet?

a picture from your story would go down very well, you have the picture in your possession so show it
henrychalder

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by henrychalder »

I listened to a Asian woman telling me that her house was haunted. She told me a small white boy haunts the house although the house isn't old. Although the ghost being a small white boy talks to her in her native tongue of urdue whilst she does the ironing and she can see him quite clearly. I was intrigued by this story, I wanted to ask whether I could come round to see this apparition but seeing as the woman was married it might have caused problems so I asked the Asian woman to take photographs of the boy, for some reason the Asian woman was making all sorts of excuses not to be able to take a photograph? It was then that I started to doubt the woman and started to wonder more about her state of mind although she did seem quite normal.

Although I believe in supernatural events as I have personally experienced them I sometimes doubt some stories and people who claim to be psychic. I believe I, myself am psychic but these are rare events and cant be switched on like a light switch like Derek Acorah seem to do. Which leads me to believe that it maybe due to a form of mental illness that hasn't been diagnosed as of yet. I see the same type of thing from people who are compulsive liars, they often lie when there is no reason to lie and they infact believe in their own lies. These psychic's I feel actually think they really speak to the dead but it is all in their minds. This could also explain Alien Abduction cases.
Ashton099

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by Ashton099 »

my house is new so were the first owners in it and it's not haunted (knock on wood) however I believe spirits are everywhere- good or bad but most of us just can't see them I'm one that can't. I'm one that doesn't want to see 'em either.
Ashton099

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by Ashton099 »

henrychalder;682376 wrote: I listened to a Asian woman telling me that her house was haunted. She told me a small white boy haunts the house although the house isn't old. Although the ghost being a small white boy talks to her in her native tongue of urdue whilst she does the ironing and she can see him quite clearly. I was intrigued by this story, I wanted to ask whether I could come round to see this apparition but seeing as the woman was married it might have caused problems so I asked the Asian woman to take photographs of the boy, for some reason the Asian woman was making all sorts of excuses not to be able to take a photograph? It was then that I started to doubt the woman and started to wonder more about her state of mind although she did seem quite normal.

Although I believe in supernatural events as I have personally experienced them I sometimes doubt some stories and people who claim to be psychic. I believe I, myself am psychic but these are rare events and cant be switched on like a light switch like Derek Acorah seem to do. Which leads me to believe that it maybe due to a form of mental illness that hasn't been diagnosed as of yet. I see the same type of thing from people who are compulsive liars, they often lie when there is no reason to lie and they infact believe in their own lies. These psychic's I feel actually think they really speak to the dead but it is all in their minds. This could also explain Alien Abduction cases.

I think that there are authentic cases, but a vast majority of people making it up as a prank, attention or mental illness.
zodiac-angel

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by zodiac-angel »

Hi everyone, i been reading all your stories about things going on in houses. I am a paranormal investigater based in leeds. We are happy to investigate any home for paranormal activity. All investigations are done with the up most respect.

If anyone needs advice or an investigation please give me a shout :)

from Yvonne Paranormal investigator/medium
Aura

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by Aura »

I can sense spirit, it used to be quite frightening until I joined the local spirit church. The vibration of the spirit world runs a lot faster on a higher vibration then the earth plain.

Imagine a fan spinning so fast, the blades are just a blur. Well if you slow the blades down, they are no longer a blur but just spinning blades, this is how the spirit plane workes.

Perhaps the noises of the dog you used to hear is what you used to happen, known as the 'stoone tape theory' these are just recordings from the past on the atmosphere.

Just because we can't see radio waves, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Victoria, I think there's a man in your house who wants to attact attention to the fact he could be stuck in the 'in between' which only a professional psychic can help with to get him to the light.
ZAP

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by ZAP »

One day last week I walked back into my house after a morning of shopping. There was a distinct aroma of perfume which was unlike my perfume, soap, candles or anything that I was familiar with. It was in one spot only, close to my mother's china closet which is filled with her memorabilia. I didn't give the location any significance until just now. I did, however, look under the beds, in closets, behind doors, etc., thinking that someone had been in my house.

Last year I was interested in checking out "haunted places" and made 3 trips to areas that had the reputation of having hauntings, San Diego, Angel's Camp and New England. I have some interesting photos and heard some interesting tales.
Aura

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by Aura »

sounds like your mum is watching over you, or someone related to her. ghosts often let us know of their presence by using smells etc. I have yet to meet a 'farting ghost' althrough there was one in London in Victoria.
Bill Sikes

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by Bill Sikes »

Aura;1300438 wrote: I can sense spirit

So can I, dear.
Aura

Is Your House Haunted?

Post by Aura »

Wish they'd help me with this persistant PC problem then.

Return to “Paranormal Science”