Where Will You Live

Lon

Where Will You Live

Post by Lon »

Do you plan to stay where you are presently living when you retire? If not, where do you plan to live and why?
CARLA

Where Will You Live

Post by CARLA »

Staying right here in beautiful San Diego I wouldn't know how to live any place else this is home. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Lon

Where Will You Live

Post by Lon »

CARLA;1254226 wrote: Staying right here in beautiful San Diego I wouldn't know how to live any place else this is home. :-6

I don't blame you--------------SD is great.
Bryn Mawr

Where Will You Live

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Lon;1254221 wrote: Do you plan to stay where you are presently living when you retire? If not, where do you plan to live and why?

Either in the village we're in now, with our eldest and youngest daughters just down the road or in the next town where our middle daughter lives.
Raven

Where Will You Live

Post by Raven »

Actually, my husband and I were just talking about this. We were hoping to sell the house and buy a caravan and just bugger off into the sunset, and roam from here to where ever.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
hoppy

Where Will You Live

Post by hoppy »

I'm already retired and I'm broke. I'll most likely be killed in my building by a gang of lieing liberal lefties for being so outspoken against their causes.
mikeinie

Where Will You Live

Post by mikeinie »

South of France, somewhere along the Cote d’Azur
minks

Where Will You Live

Post by minks »

I shant be staying here, the cold winters are beginning to get to me. I would love to retire either in the warmer climes of British Columbia, or go very far south and find something in Panama and just run some small little bar there and enjoy the local flair.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Lon

Where Will You Live

Post by Lon »

Bryn Mawr;1254254 wrote: Either in the village we're in now, with our eldest and youngest daughters just down the road or in the next town where our middle daughter lives.

I guess it's important for you to be near your girls, nothing wrong with that.

Many move away from family.
Lon

Where Will You Live

Post by Lon »

minks;1254364 wrote: I shant be staying here, the cold winters are beginning to get to me. I would love to retire either in the warmer climes of British Columbia, or go very far south and find something in Panama and just run some small little bar there and enjoy the local flair.

Panama could be a good choice.
Bryn Mawr

Where Will You Live

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Lon;1254376 wrote: I guess it's important for you to be near your girls, nothing wrong with that.

Many move away from family.

We spent too long away from the family chasing work and missed too much of our grandchildren's lives. Now we've been back amongst them for the past seven years and we'll not leave again.
Clodhopper

Where Will You Live

Post by Clodhopper »

I think I'll be staying here. All my friends live locally, and for those of us without family, that's very important.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Barman

Where Will You Live

Post by Barman »

Raven;1254339 wrote: Actually, my husband and I were just talking about this. We were hoping to sell the house and buy a caravan and just bugger off into the sunset, and roam from here to where ever.

I would love to do just that, be sure to let us know if you progress.

After upping sticks and moving to the Spanish mountains for three years the wife got homesick, we have been back in Plymouth for three years, what chance of getting her to buy a motorhome and just travel, none at the moment i think.

We are part way there, we have bought a caravan in Cornwall where we spend every weekend now.

Return to “Retirement Planning”