Florida Amber Alert

The AMBER Alert System began in 1996 when Dallas-Fort Worth broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to help find abducted children. AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnaped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and then brutally murdered. Other states and communities soon set up their own AMBER plans as the idea was adopted across the nation.
Peg

Florida Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

The State of Florida issued the Amber Alert Tuesday (10-20) after the girl was apparently abducted on her way home from school in Orange Park on Monday afternoon (10-19).

Somer Renee Thompson a 7 year old white female, 3' 5" tall weighing 65 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black shirt under a cranberry colored sweat suit with pink stripes running down the arms and legs. She possibly has a red bow in her hair and may have been wearing a white hat and a white scarf.

There is no suspect information at this time.

There is no suspect vehicle at this time.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Clay County Sheriff's Office at 1-877-227-6911 or dial 911.

Attached files
flopstock

Florida Amber Alert

Post by flopstock »

Why would they wait so long on a 7 year old? Something alread sounds off about this one.:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Peg

Florida Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

It's been all over the news. I feel so bad for the family.
Odie

Florida Amber Alert

Post by Odie »

awwwww she's been missing since Monday, I pray they will find her alive and well.
Life is just to short for drama.
Peg

Florida Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

Link

Authorities say they have not identified a child's body they found Wednesday in a landfill while searching for a missing 7-year-old girl. Family members were hopeful the girl is still alive, though neighbors in the girl's community feared the worst.

The partially covered body of the child was found in a Georgia landfill near the Florida state line, after investigators followed garbage trucks leaving from the neighborhood where Somer Thompson disappeared Monday.

It's not looking good. :-1 Whether it's Somer or not, it's sad that a child's body has been dumped along with the trash. :mad:
Peg

Florida Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

Peg;1254728 wrote: Link

Authorities say they have not identified a child's body they found Wednesday in a landfill while searching for a missing 7-year-old girl. Family members were hopeful the girl is still alive, though neighbors in the girl's community feared the worst.

The partially covered body of the child was found in a Georgia landfill near the Florida state line, after investigators followed garbage trucks leaving from the neighborhood where Somer Thompson disappeared Monday.

It's not looking good. :-1 Whether it's Somer or not, it's sad that a child's body has been dumped along with the trash. :mad:

They just now said on the news that it is her body. :-1
Odie

Florida Amber Alert

Post by Odie »

peg;1254730 wrote: they just now said on the news that it is her body. :-1

damn!:-5:-5:-5:-1
Life is just to short for drama.
flopstock

Florida Amber Alert

Post by flopstock »

This sucks!

I wonder if they suspected someone in the neighborhood from the beginning since they followed the garbage trucks or if that is standard procedure.:mad:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

minks

Florida Amber Alert

Post by minks »

flopstock;1254922 wrote: This sucks!

I wonder if they suspected someone in the neighborhood from the beginning since they followed the garbage trucks or if that is standard procedure.:mad:

So disturbing.

BTW Peg, I have been meaning to Commend you on your Amber Alert forwarding, it's a great way to get these out there. it is just so sad to hear these kinds of endings to missing persons stories.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Peg

Florida Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

flopstock;1254922 wrote: This sucks!

They claimed it to be standard procedure.

Thank you Minks. :-4
mrsK

Florida Amber Alert

Post by mrsK »

That is so very sad:-1

Thanks Peg.
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Kathy Ellen

Florida Amber Alert

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thank you Peg for always posting the amber alerts:-6

This poor child:mad:

But, this kidnapping disturbs me....As Floppy said...why if the child was missing on Monday after school, did they wait until Tuesday afternoon the child missing...doesn't make sense to me:confused:

And, why would a 7 yr. old child be walking back and forth to school which is a mile away? That's a long way for a wee one to walk everyday. It was stated that the child was arguing with another child and wandered away.....hun??? Her sister wouldn't go after her?

Too many unanswered questions for me about this case...
Peg

Florida Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

Kathy Ellen;1255040 wrote: Thank you Peg for always posting the amber alerts:-6

This poor child:mad:

But, this kidnapping disturbs me....As Floppy said...why if the child was missing on Monday after school, did they wait until Tuesday afternoon the child missing...doesn't make sense to me:confused:

And, why would a 7 yr. old child be walking back and forth to school which is a mile away? That's a long way for a wee one to walk everyday. It was stated that the child was arguing with another child and wandered away.....hun??? Her sister wouldn't go after her?

Too many unanswered questions for me about this case...

Buses do not run to the house where they live. I don't know if the mother had to leave for work before the kids had to be at school or why they don't have a ride from someone. She ran towards her house so her sister assumed she was running home, something she will always have to live with. :( Her sister probably didn't run after her because she still had to walk with Somer's twin brother. I haven't heard anything on how old the sister is that was walking her home.
Kathy Ellen

Florida Amber Alert

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Peg;1255058 wrote: Buses do not run to the house where they live. I don't know if the mother had to leave for work before the kids had to be at school or why they don't have a ride from someone. She ran towards her house so her sister assumed she was running home, something she will always have to live with. :( Her sister probably didn't run after her because she still had to walk with Somer's twin brother. I haven't heard anything on how old the sister is that was walking her home.

Thanks Peg,

This news just breaks our hearts, doesn't it:( How someone could hurt a child, I just don't understand:mad: These pervert should be taken off the face of our Earth......another monster gone.
Peg

Florida Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

I can't fathom what goes through their heads. :-1
Rapunzel

Florida Amber Alert

Post by Rapunzel »

I was shocked to hear on the video link that 93 known paedophiles live within a 3 mile radius of Somers house and 161 known paedophiles live within a 5 mile radius of Somers house.

And that's just the known paedophiles!

It's truly shocking to know how many known paedophiles live so close to so many of us!

Thankyou for posting this Peg.

I'm sad but glad to know they found her. At least they won't spend the rest of their lives wondering what happened to her. Thank goodness that detective thought to look in all the garbage dumps for her. Hopefully they'll find some evidence on her to nail this piece of scum.

Return to “Amber Alert Forum”