And your point is?

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
Ozay

And your point is?

Post by Ozay »

Well what a show the prime minister made of himself at the Labour Conference. It is like a game he is trying to play to detter the Conservatives to get into power so the country and keep on in a mess under Labour rule. Both parties are as bad as each other but it's not the first time Labour have made a mess of things if u take a look at what happened in the seventies. He talks of more ethnic minorites and more women in Labour than Conservative....so bloody what, it's just the way things have panned out i am sure if more women or ethnic minortites want to join conservative they would be welcome to do so. This bollocks....it would take conservatives 200 years to embrace equal opportunites.....strange.....It would be great if Labour did loose the next election but they probably won't....
spot

And your point is?

Post by spot »

Do you really want those corrupt small-minded Conservative profiteers to get back into office?

Do you remember things like Lottery funds £12m Churchill sale - News - The Independent or has that fiasco fallen from the public mind already?

The Conservatives set up the Heritage Lottery Fund, as they called it. Who was first on the list for a hand-out? Some bloody Conservative MP, that's who. Twelve million quid in his hat. So much for charitable gifts for the public good.

You really have forgotten? Honestly?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Raven

And your point is?

Post by Raven »

Actually I dont think it really matters anyway. The real issues are decided in Brussels. I am afraid I am seeing the decline of the 'Roman Empire'.

Look at the population statistics of England for example. England is turning a browner colour. From mixed relationships and immigration, England wont be English in a few hundred years. But maybe thats just following the natural cycle of the place? They are already discussing the possibility of imposing Sharia law here. :-2 Time to move to Wales...or Scotland methinks.:driving:
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Ozay

And your point is?

Post by Ozay »

No i don't want the conservatives to get into power but then again any party to replace Labour would be a start things will just continue going downhill with them in power. I agree with the remarks about immigration.....If this country was to adopt Sharia law it would be outrageous....that is one thing I don't like about Labour they think they can win over everyone regardless of what their intentions are.
Oscar Namechange

And your point is?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Ozay;1247799 wrote: No i don't want the conservatives to get into power but then again any party to replace Labour would be a start things will just continue going downhill with them in power. I agree with the remarks about immigration.....If this country was to adopt Sharia law it would be outrageous....that is one thing I don't like about Labour they think they can win over everyone regardless of what their intentions are. Britain already has 85 Sharia law courts throughout the UK and more on the way. HELLO !!!!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ozay

And your point is?

Post by Ozay »

Well that's funny cos i haven't heard of one not that i am saying that u are lying just a bit cheeky though! :-2
Raven

And your point is?

Post by Raven »

She isnt telling porkies! LOL! You will see. It's already a done deal really. Why are so many Asians eager to get to Britain? Europe wont have them. Certainly France wont! Dont even think about sending them to Poland, Germany etc. Ever wonder what happened to the folks waiting in Calais to immigrate illegally? Me too. But I havent heard of a follow up on them. Wonder if they made it? Seems England at least will become the first Islamic country of Europe, if you dont count Turkey, who really wants to join.
Ozay

And your point is?

Post by Ozay »

Well who the **** is to blame for all this.......LABOUR of course!
Oscar Namechange

And your point is?

Ozay;1247806 wrote: Well that's funny cos i haven't heard of one not that i am saying that u are lying just a bit cheeky though! :-2

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors | Mail Online

Read and weep Ozay... google as well... many more insights on the net.

Now apologise to me or I'll set the dogs on you.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr

And your point is?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1247803 wrote: Britain already has 85 Sharia law courts throughout the UK and more on the way. HELLO !!!!!

And what legal standing do they have in an English courtroom?

Out of interest, how many Judaic courts or Church courts operating under Cannon law are there in the country?
Oscar Namechange

And your point is?

Bryn Mawr;1247832 wrote: And what legal standing do they have in an English courtroom?

Out of interest, how many Judaic courts or Church courts operating under Cannon law are there in the country?

All are arbitration methods within their religion and do not hold up in British law courts. I was merely pointing out to Ozay that Sharia courts were already in operation in the UK.
gmc

And your point is?

Post by gmc »

we're not going to get any change until we change our electoral system. What will happen is we will have he Tories in with less than half the people voting for them yet they will get mor3 than half the seats-just as labour do. Only a complete numpty can still argue the first past the post system is actually democratic.

posted by raven

Look at the population statistics of England for example. England is turning a browner colour. From mixed relationships and immigration, England wont be English in a few hundred years. But maybe thats just following the natural cycle of the place? They are already discussing the possibility of imposing Sharia law here. Time to move to Wales...or Scotland methinks.

was at a wedding on Saturday scots groom irish bride, it's the first time in ages I;ve been at a gathering where the predominant eye colour was blue.
Bryn Mawr

And your point is?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1247837 wrote: All are arbitration methods within their religion and do not hold up in British law courts. I was merely pointing out to Ozay that Sharia courts were already in operation in the UK.

The chance of England being governed by Sharia law anytime in this century is zero to non-existent.`
gmc

And your point is?

Post by gmc »

Thirty years ago the life of brian was released. What do you think the reaction would be today? would the religious lobby have their way and get it banned in case it offended someone? How about if someone made a film satirising the islamic fundamentalists. Would you laugh or would the film maker have to hide away in case somebody killed them?
Bruv

And your point is?

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1247837 wrote: All are arbitration methods within their religion and do not hold up in British law courts. I was merely pointing out to Ozay that Sharia courts were already in operation in the UK.

I understand they rule on domestic and financial dealings and are subservient to British law.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Raven

And your point is?

Post by Raven »

gmc;1247848 wrote: we're not going to get any change until we change our electoral system. What will happen is we will have he Tories in with less than half the people voting for them yet they will get mor3 than half the seats-just as labour do. Only a complete numpty can still argue the first past the post system is actually democratic.

posted by raven

was at a wedding on Saturday scots groom irish bride, it's the first time in ages I;ve been at a gathering where the predominant eye colour was blue.
:yh_rotfl not surprised.
Raven

And your point is?

Post by Raven »

Bruv;1248434 wrote: I understand they rule on domestic and financial dealings and are subservient to British law.
Then answer me this one.

Why does British law turn a blind eye to forced marriage, honour killing, and kidnap? :thinking:
Bruv

And your point is?

Post by Bruv »

Raven;1253722 wrote: Then answer me this one.

Why does British law turn a blind eye to forced marriage, honour killing, and kidnap? :thinking:
WHAT ?????

Because it happens doesn't mean British Law turns a blind eye.

Turns a blind eye indeed.
Raven

And your point is?

Post by Raven »

Bruv;1253728 wrote: WHAT ?????

Because it happens doesn't mean British Law turns a blind eye.

Turns a blind eye indeed.

Doesnt it? What about a little British law enforcement then! Yeah it happens. Right under the nose of British Law.
Oscar Namechange

And your point is?

Raven;1253730 wrote: Doesnt it? What about a little British law enforcement then! Yeah it happens. Right under the nose of British Law. Bang On there Raven.
Raven

And your point is?

Post by Raven »

oscar;1253732 wrote: Bang On there Raven.
Exactly! Most of these women are BRITISH CITIZENS!!! How can a country that yammers on and on about people needing asylum and human rights, but cant protect it's OWN CITIZENS from the horrendous crimes perpetrated against them! :mad: Cant or Wont! British Law indeed. Pah!
Bruv

And your point is?

Post by Bruv »

Raven;1253722 wrote: Then answer me this one.

I am in need of conclusive proof.

Not that such events occur in this country, but that the Law 'turns a blind eye'
Oscar Namechange

And your point is?

Raven;1253734 wrote: Exactly! Most of these women are BRITISH CITIZENS!!! How can a country that yammers on and on about people needing asylum and human rights, but cant protect it's OWN CITIZENS from the horrendous crimes perpetrated against them! :mad: Cant or Wont! British Law indeed. Pah! When I baby sit the shop weekends and I've read my Daily Mail, I buy all these womens magazines like 'Chat', There are horrendous real life stories in there about arranged marraiges and honour killings that don't make the National Papers. There was one very recently where police ignored a womans cries that her husband would kill her, and he did.

Murder girl's five cries for help that were ignored | Mail Online

This one was two years ago, but the stats are on the up every year.
Raven

And your point is?

Post by Raven »

oscar;1253791 wrote: When I baby sit the shop weekends and I've read my Daily Mail, I buy all these womens magazines like 'Chat', There are horrendous real life stories in there about arranged marraiges and honour killings that don't make the National Papers. There was one very recently where police ignored a womans cries that her husband would kill her, and he did.

Murder girl's five cries for help that were ignored | Mail Online

This one was two years ago, but the stats are on the up every year.
That is just so bloody sad! What do these women have to do, to get their plight noticed? They are already dying and disappearing from schools! :mad:
Bruv

And your point is?

Post by Bruv »

At the Old Bailey yesterday...................... were convicted of Banaz's murder

Blind eye ?
gmc

And your point is?

Post by gmc »

Bruv;1253783 wrote: I am in need of conclusive proof.

Not that such events occur in this country, but that the Law 'turns a blind eye'

Forced marriage in UK 'a widespread problem' | World news | The Observer

At least 3,000 young women are the victims of forced marriages in Britain each year, with the scale of the problem far bigger than originally thought, according to a report out this week.

The first study conducted in the UK into the prevalence of the custom shows that there are far more victims, in several ethnic minority communities, than official figures suggest.

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/educatio ... 308393.htm

Critics say a few schools have been reluctant to intervene as they view forced marriage as a "cultural issue" or fear a backlash from powerful figures in minority communities.

Dealing with cases of Forced Marriage - Guidelines for Police : INTRODUCTION TO FORCED MARRIAGE

Criminal Law and Forced Marriage

Although there is no specific criminal offence of “forcing someone to marry” the law does provide protection from the crimes that can be committed when forcing someone into a marriage. Perpetrators – usually parents or family members – have been prosecuted for offences including threatening behaviour, harassment, assault, abduction and murder. Sexual intercourse without consent is rape.

Course there are still those that don't think rape inside a marriage is actually rape but merely exercising conjugal rights just as it's OK to belt your girlfriend if she deserves it.
Raven

And your point is?

Post by Raven »

Bruv;1253797 wrote: Blind eye ?
Thats only one. And yes! It's turns a bloody blind eye to it! The old Bailey has Justice blindfolded! :thinking:
Bruv

And your point is?

Post by Bruv »

Are you agreeing with me gmc ?

I never doubted these things happen in the UK,but I don't believe the Law turns a blind eye to them.

They are like the 'domestics' that police have to deal with.

Many hours taking statements, or keeping two warring parties apart, then they make up and forget about the previous problem that involved the police, and cancel the charges they brought.

In these sort of affairs relatives 'persuade' by pressure anyone outside the culture cannot understand, the same as within a 'domestic' dispute.

I am not condoning or agreeing with the acts themselves, just saying how difficult they can be to police.
Raven

And your point is?

Post by Raven »

Bruv;1253814 wrote: Are you agreeing with me gmc ?

I never doubted these things happen in the UK,but I don't believe the Law turns a blind eye to them.

Many hours taking statements, or keeping two warring parties apart, then they make up and forget about the previous problem that involved the police, and cancel the charges they brought.

In these sort of affairs relatives 'persuade' by pressure anyone outside the culture cannot understand, the same as within a 'domestic' dispute.

I am not condoning or agreeing with the acts themselves, just saying how difficult they can be to police.
Domestics???!! Bollocks. We are talking rape, kidnap and murder, no matter what culture you are! :mad:
Oscar Namechange

And your point is?

Bruv;1253814 wrote: Are you agreeing with me gmc ?

I am not condoning or agreeing with the acts themselves, just saying how difficult they can be to police. This is todays newspapers:

Father accused of murdering daughter in 'honour killing' collapses in court as his wife takes the stand to give evidence against him | Mail Online

Is it not simple enough?

If you want to live in Britian.. You abide by British law. That does not Include Sharia Law or Honour Killings.
Raven

And your point is?

Post by Raven »

oscar;1253823 wrote: This is todays newspapers:

Father accused of murdering daughter in 'honour killing' collapses in court as his wife takes the stand to give evidence against him | Mail Online

Is it not simple enough?

If you want to live in Britian.. You abide by British law. That does not Include Sharia Law or Honour Killings.
Sunni? Shia? This isnt Turkey or Iraq for crying out loud! Yet anyway.
Oscar Namechange

And your point is?

Raven;1253830 wrote: Sunni? Shia? This isnt Turkey or Iraq for crying out loud! Yet anyway. What gets me is the arrogance of some of these families who think they can over-ride the law of the country they are living in.
Raven

And your point is?

Post by Raven »

oscar;1253846 wrote: What gets me is the arrogance of some of these families who think they can over-ride the law of the country they are living in.
Probably because there is noone in the country in which they are residing with enough cahonies to defend it! So override it they will and do! :thinking:

Return to “England”