Not new... Just not been around

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

I doubt anyone remembers me, but for those that do, I'm back.

It's been a few years since I have been on this site, I finally remembered my password and username after much wracking my brain.

Hope to get to know you all again.
~~~~~

Just some food for thought. Swallow it or not that's up to you.:lips:
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Welcome back:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

Oh I thought I would add that my mom and step dad are on this site... or they were. I know my mom still is active as I peeked at her profile Nvalleyvee, and I am not sure what her hubbie's user name is.

:-5
~~~~~

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Welcome back good to see you..!! :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

TenneseeGirl;1244515 wrote: Oh I thought I would add that my mom and step dad are on this site... or they were. I know my mom still is active as I peeked at her profile Nvalleyvee, and I am not sure what her hubbie's user name is.

Nvalleyvee is one of my friends :) Welcome back :-6:-6
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

TenneseeGirl;1244515 wrote: Oh I thought I would add that my mom and step dad are on this site... or they were. I know my mom still is active as I peeked at her profile Nvalleyvee, and I am not sure what her hubbie's user name is.

Ah that'd be BTS. He's a shy bloke isn't he. Always sitting on the fence. Not wanting to say what he really means :wah:

Welcome back
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Peg

Post by Peg »

TenneseeGirl;1244513 wrote: I doubt anyone remembers me, but for those that do, I'm back.

It's been a few years since I have been on this site, I finally remembered my password and username after much wracking my brain.

Welcome back to the garden! :-6 Is your husband back home or in Iraq now?
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

Peg;1244524 wrote: Welcome back to the garden! :-6 Is your husband back home or in Iraq now?

Yes he is home, safe and sound. Thankfully.

Now I think I remember why I left. If it was around the time he was in Iraq. Very stressful time in my life. o.O And then I just kind of forgot about all the awesome that is here... for shame.
~~~~~

Peg

Post by Peg »

I'm glad he made it home safely. :-6
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Well, hello!

Welcome back. I dropped out myself for a while then came back. Sometimes it's the thing to do. :-6
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Odie

Post by Odie »

hello and welcome back, even though we have never met, always nice to see someone come back here!:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

Hi there :-6

Welcome Back .. I don't remember meeting you before but I've come and gone a few times in the past few years myself but I'm bethany, nice to meet ya.

So you're from Tennessee? Or live here now? I responded to your food group thread.. I'm from TN too :)

How far along are ya? I'm 29 weeks along myself :-4
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

I am only about 13-14 weeks. I know I should know exactly but I don't and I never passed counting by sevens...

I lived in TN when I made the user name. Now I live in LA. Small Military base called Fort Polk. You probably couldn't even find it on a traditional map.
~~~~~

almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

TenneseeGirl;1244600 wrote: I am only about 13-14 weeks. I know I should know exactly but I don't and I never passed counting by sevens...

I lived in TN when I made the user name. Now I live in LA. Small Military base called Fort Polk. You probably couldn't even find it on a traditional map.

Don't feel bad, when I was replying a bit ago with how far along I was.... I paused, and said "hey mom, ummmm, am I 28 or 29 weeks now?" :wah: I figure I'll have it down by the last 3 weeks, that's all that matters to me anyway lol!

I gotcha, I was born in TN but have lived many places, just moved back from FL less than a month ago. I'm in the middle portion now, originally from west TN tho. Where did you live?
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

I lived in Ft Campbell.

I loved it there it was so green. Not that LA isn't green, but there are too many buggies here. The other day a three inch roach was crawling on my cieling. Gotta love tropical type swamps.
~~~~~

almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

TenneseeGirl;1244605 wrote: I lived in Ft Campbell.

I loved it there it was so green. Not that LA isn't green, but there are too many buggies here. The other day a three inch roach was crawling on my cieling. Gotta love tropical type swamps.

I'm right down the road from Ft Campbell! Small world... I was sort of thinking that was probably what your reply would be with your husband being military. It is beautiful here, you're right and the mountains aren't far either, which I love. In west TN it's mostly flat crop lands (bleh).

You can keep those roaches alllll to yourself girl :wah: Although I might change my mind and want to switch with ya if these mosquitos don't start migrating or whatever the heck it is they do lol
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

Ick-- I hate mosquitos.

So is this your first baby? Its mine.. I am super scared of the whole parenting thing. In the back of my mind I just know I am going to screw this up somehow. Hopefully I can blame it on my husband though.:wah:
~~~~~

almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

TenneseeGirl;1244613 wrote: Ick-- I hate mosquitos.

So is this your first baby? Its mine.. I am super scared of the whole parenting thing. In the back of my mind I just know I am going to screw this up somehow. Hopefully I can blame it on my husband though.:wah:

Yep, first baby.. it's a boy :-4

Oddly, the parenting bit doesn't terrify me near as much as the giving birth part lol. I'm such a worry wart that something will go wrong I'm considering a planned c-section.

You'll do fine though. All we can do is our best and if you're me... hope you don't reap near as much as you sowed :lips::wah:
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

Yeah I agree with you, the whole concept of birth just really does not appeal to me. Neither does pregnancy. I just wish I had a FF button where I could skip the horrible pregnancy stuff and the nasty birth stuff and just get to the part where I see the baby for the first time.
~~~~~

almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

TenneseeGirl;1244620 wrote: Yeah I agree with you, the whole concept of birth just really does not appeal to me. Neither does pregnancy. I just wish I had a FF button where I could skip the horrible pregnancy stuff and the nasty birth stuff and just get to the part where I see the baby for the first time.

I feel ya girl, saaaame here!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Thankyou for this thread. I'm male and can therefore never know what you are going through. But I learn a lot through reading your posts.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

Clodhopper;1244631 wrote: Thankyou for this thread. I'm male and can therefore never know what you are going through. But I learn a lot through reading your posts.

Just know it's all your fault that we're in this position. Nope, we had absolutely not a thing to do with it! :p:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Clodhopper;1244631 wrote: Thankyou for this thread. I'm male and can therefore never know what you are going through. But I learn a lot through reading your posts.

your here to!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

to cute!
Odie

Post by Odie »

almostfamous;1244618 wrote: Yep, first baby.. it's a boy :-4

Oddly, the parenting bit doesn't terrify me near as much as the giving birth part lol. I'm such a worry wart that something will go wrong I'm considering a planned c-section.

You'll do fine though. All we can do is our best and if you're me... hope you don't reap near as much as you sowed :lips::wah:

DO NOT BELIEVE everything you here! don't even listen to 'those horror stories'

no one should even been telling you horror story's!:-5:-5

everyone everywhere is different.

good idea planing a C-section.....just note that its major surgery and you will feel like crap for 3 months.;)

by saying major surgery, its not dangerous.......its just the afterwords.

the pain, the uncomfortableness, not being able to bath, not being able to bend for 3 months, not being able to life heavy things, possibility of the stitches becoming infected etc.

still want that c-section?:yh_rotfl

just joking, you do what you feel you need to do.;)
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

Odie;1244653 wrote: DO NOT BELIEVE everything you here! don't even listen to 'those horror stories'

good idea planing a C-section.....just note that its major surgery and you will feel like crap for 3 months.;)

the pain, the uncomfortableness, not being able to bath, not being able to bend for 3 months, not being able to life heavy things. etc.

What ever happened to the friggen stork!

BRING BACK THE STORK!!!
~~~~~

Odie

Post by Odie »

TenneseeGirl;1244655 wrote: What ever happened to the friggen stork!

BRING BACK THE STORK!!!

I'm on my way!

wait for me, this will take time!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

Odie;1244656 wrote: I'm on my way!

wait for me, this will take time!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:-1:-1:-1

If only I hadn't watched those emergency birth things in my EMT class all those years ago.

~~~~~

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

G'day again TenneseeGirl. I do remember you from before, and am glad your husband is safely back. And that you've returned to us too.

As for you and Almost Famous both expecting, great news!! And here's something to put in the pot with all your mixed feelings. Women have babies. During the process - particularly when you get to the huffff huffff blow bit where you are not meant to push but will kill if you don't... you are likely to express some rather strident negative thoughts about life, the universe, sex and in particular the bloke who got you into this mess.

Then women do it again. And again. Some of us did it four times. So it can't have been that bad. Really!! Can it?? :sneaky:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Odie

Post by Odie »

TenneseeGirl;1244666 wrote: :-1:-1:-1

If only I hadn't watched those emergency birth things in my EMT class all those years ago.

but those do happen......but very very very seldom.;)
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

Odie;1244653 wrote: DO NOT BELIEVE everything you here! don't even listen to 'those horror stories'

the pain, the uncomfortableness, not being able to bath, not being able to bend for 3 months, not being able to life heavy things, possibility of the stitches becoming infected etc.

I don't know if I want it or not lol. I was supposed to go to the doc today but I rescheduled it for tomorrow.

I'm just not up for a 4 hour round trip and sitting in the office for who knows how long. Hopefully they'll give me some more insight into it all.

AussiePam;1244670 wrote: G'day again TenneseeGirl. I do remember you from before, and am glad your husband is safely back. And that you've returned to us too.

As for you and Almost Famous both expecting, great news!! And here's something to put in the pot with all your mixed feelings. Women have babies. During the process - particularly when you get to the huffff huffff blow bit where you are not meant to push but will kill if you don't... you are likely to express some rather strident negative thoughts about life, the universe, sex and in particular the bloke who got you into this mess.

Then women do it again. And again. Some of us did it four times. So it can't have been that bad. Really!! Can it?? :sneaky:

My mom insists on being in the delivery room with me.. I've already warned her (in the event of a natural birth) that it is not going to be G-rated. The doctor and nurses may actually need therapy after putting up with my mouth :lips::wah:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

HI:D I have had two "normal" birth and a c section ,, if i had to do it again i would pick the normal birth, even though one of them was horrendous!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

Post by Odie »

huh!

I just watched this on tonight's news:

More doctor are trying to legalize c-sections for women, to be a choice without a medical valid reason.

Obviously a c-section is not major surgery, and the after c-sections symptoms are not as bad as I thought.

either way, you will be sore.

but I thought c-sections were considered major surgery, when you have to rest more, not lift anything, etc. etc.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

TenneseeGirl;1244513 wrote: I doubt anyone remembers me, but for those that do, I'm back.

I know who you are and I saw what you did.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Odie;1245480 wrote:

Obviously a c-section is not major surgery, and the after c-sections symptoms are not as bad as I thought.

but I thought c-sections were considered major surgery, when you have to rest more, not lift anything, etc. etc.

C sections are major surgery! Six weeks minimum recovery period, no driving, no lifting. Symptoms of surgery are probably not as bad as they used to be, the scar for one is a lot smaller nowadays.

A big downside to a c section though is it's just not the same, in my experience you don't get the same feelings for your baby as you do when you deliver naturally.

Hi Tennessee Girl, I remember you :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1246679 wrote: C sections are major surgery! Six weeks minimum recovery period, no driving, no lifting. Symptoms of surgery are probably not as bad as they used to be, the scar for one is a lot smaller nowadays.

A big downside to a c section though is it's just not the same, in my experience you don't get the same feelings for your baby as you do when you deliver naturally.

Hi Tennessee Girl, I remember you :-6

That's what I knew also, as I had given Tennessee the pros and cons of it right here in this thread.....so I wondered why now doctors wanted to give women the option?

still options for natural:

- epidurals.

-normal birthing

-bath/pool birthing'
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Odie;1246701 wrote: That's what I knew also, as I had given Tennessee the pros and cons of it right here in this thread.....so I wondered why now doctors wanted to give women the option?

still options for natural:

- epidurals.

-normal birthing

-bath/pool birthing'

Because they are giving into vain women who want everything left intact, too posh to push, didn't that become a saying recently regarding a celeb that didn't want the anguish. If only they realised they are actually denying themselves the experience of the most natural thing in the world, natural bonding with your child. (It's also a good chance to swear your head off at the other half with him remaining mute :wah:)
Odie

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1246709 wrote: Because they are giving into vain women who want everything left intact, too posh to push, didn't that become a saying recently regarding a celeb that didn't want the anguish. If only they realised they are actually denying themselves the experience of the most natural thing in the world, natural bonding with your child. (It's also a good chance to swear your head off at the other half with him remaining mute :wah:)

you damn well could be right Betty!:wah:
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Snowfire;1244523 wrote: Ah that'd be BTS. He's a shy bloke isn't he. Always sitting on the fence. Not wanting to say what he really means :wah:

Welcome back

Squeeze me!!!!!LMAO
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Nomad;1246408 wrote: I know who you are and I saw what you did.

Pick on my kid and you have to deal with Mom ---- OH - I forget - my kid is much better with words than I am. Good luck Nomad.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Love you Dada. See you in DC next week!!!!

Mom
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

nvalleyvee;1246779 wrote: Pick on my kid and you have to deal with Mom ---- OH - I forget - my kid is much better with words than I am. Good luck Nomad.

I just thought maybe if she'd done something she would get scared like some freaky guy she doesn't know found out what she did so she'd run around closing the blinds and not answer the phone, jump if someone knocks on the door.

Just my way of saying "hey.....toodles"
I AM AWESOME MAN
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

Nomad;1246786 wrote: I just thought maybe if she'd done something she would get scared like some freaky guy she doesn't know found out what she did so she'd run around closing the blinds and not answer the phone, jump if someone knocks on the door.

Just my way of saying "hey.....toodles"

Issues.... Lots of issues...:D
~~~~~

shelbell

Post by shelbell »

My first daughter was an emergency c-section. My second was vbac...I really felt the instant bond having given birth naturally...well almost naturally...my advice...Get the epidural!!! It was so nice that way. :-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1247642 wrote: My first daughter was an emergency c-section. My second was vbac...I really felt the instant bond having given birth naturally...well almost naturally...my advice...Get the epidural!!! It was so nice that way. :-4

and you were also an emergency!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I told her to get the epidural....as a c-section is major surgery!:-5:-5
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

TenneseeGirl;1247388 wrote: Issues.... Lots of issues...:D

You're better off for having noticed this now ;)

I think I've changed my mind though, I think I'm gonna give the natural way a go............ watch though, after 36 hours of labor I'll have to have a c-section :-5 :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

almostfamous;1247964 wrote: You're better off for having noticed this now ;)

I think I've changed my mind though, I think I'm gonna give the natural way a go............ watch though, after 36 hours of labor I'll have to have a c-section :-5 :wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I went 24 hours.....you can do this......I think!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
gmc

Post by gmc »

I remember you. welcome back.
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

Odie;1247966 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I went 24 hours.....you can do this......I think!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I guess we'll see but the way I figure it... if I can pass kidney stones every 3 months without pain meds maybe I've got an edge on this whole ordeal :rolleyes:
Odie

Post by Odie »

almostfamous;1248085 wrote: i guess we'll see but the way i figure it... If i can pass kidney stones every 3 months without pain meds maybe i've got an edge on this whole ordeal :rolleyes:

ouch!
Miss Maam

Post by Miss Maam »

Me tooooooo! I am back as well and am among the land of the living. See ya' around and about but most of all ..... be so very blessed, I certainly am.:rolleyes:

Return to “Introductions”