Who is on other forums?..

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I know I did this thread before but I was on the naughty chair and couldn't look at the thread so would you mind awfully doing It it all over again?

Are you on any other forums?

How do they compare to FG ?

What is the Moderation like there?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Barman

Post by Barman »

None at all anymore, not even my Lotus one.:-6
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I went to one yesterday to look at something that just cracked me up, even went to the bother of signing up to have some fun, but then just couldn't be bothered.

That's my problem, no initiative..:yh_rotfl

But seriously?

I go to a conservative political site, a liberal political site, an adult site, couple of game sites and recently joined a couple of diabetes sites. No matter where I may be browsing I always have an FG window open.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I have been on many forums over time.

I am visiting three regularly lately, this forum is more family orientated I think, with most members of a mature age that keeps the moderation to a minimum.

I have used other forums where the moderation was negligible, it all depends on what the membership expectations are.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Barman;1245321 wrote: None at all anymore, not even my Lotus one.:-6 I'm on a few now. I never even knew what a forum was until just over a year ago.

I'm on a forum where all the banned members of FG go which is fun :yh_rotfl

I'm on a few English Politics forums and one in particular gets very heated.

I'm on a few others and need to go there more but It's all down to time.

Oh and a horse racing forum. That was due to my googling some facts one day and found this forum where a guy had posted about a horse that ran 30 years ago. Now I have a damn good memory and a mine of imfo on Horse racing. I knew this horse's racing career well and just had to register to tell him he'd got his facts wrong. Well... It would have been rude not to wouldn't It?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Barman

Post by Barman »

oscar;1245329 wrote: I'm on a few now. I never even knew what a forum was until just over a year ago.

I'm on a forum where all the banned members of FG go which is fun :yh_rotfl

I'm on a few English Politics forums and one in particular gets very heated.

I'm on a few others and need to go there more but It's all down to time.

I bet thats a good un.:wah::wah:
Oscar Namechange

Barman;1245330 wrote: I bet thats a good un.:wah::wah:

I'll send the details if you like in a pm so you can check It out. Ladycop is a good laugh on there but don't upset her seeing as she's a mod :yh_rotfl
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

I am on another one that is mainly for diet and exercize.
~~~~~

Just some food for thought. Swallow it or not that's up to you.:lips:
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I'm probably on here the most. I'm on two local boards. Both are a bit more loosely moderated. I like a certain rural oriented board even though it's strictly moderated. I was banned from several others. Imagine that.:confused:
Odie

Post by Odie »

-3 gardening forums

-Canadian tropical fish forum

-4 adult ones.

moderators are down to earth, fun, easy to get along with, you can pm them about anything and they never even get close to being upset or mad.

They respect all of their members highly.

-They love your input or ideas for additional forums or anything.

-why not try a new forum is their attitude.

...if it doesn't work, so what?

...it will just get lost like some stupid threads have been.....no biggy.

...if it does work, members have that opportunity to post there and enjoy themselves.

-it also increases their amount of new members joining, and eventually becoming supporting member's.

-without supporting members there would be no forum.

I had asked about a tropical fish forum, fish, plants, egg layers, live-bearers, members came from having one tank to over 100 tanks just like on my fish forum...now 10 of us so far are having a great time...3 are new members, 4 have now become supporting members....we just hit it lucky as we had no idea who had tanks and were serious hobbyists.

in a nut-shell, they are no different from their members.
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

hoppy;1245347 wrote: I'm probably on here the most. I'm on two local boards. Both are a bit more loosely moderated. I like a certain rural oriented board even though it's strictly moderated. I was banned from several others. Imagine that.:confused: You banned Hops???? :wah:

On one of the Political forums they have a section that I believe is rather good. If a post Is reported, the mods post It and other members can then post if they find It Insulting. If the majority vote it is then they remove It.

In over a year, I've not had one Infraction or ban on any other forum. :wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

hoppy;1245347 wrote: I'm probably on here the most. I'm on two local boards. Both are a bit more loosely moderated. I like a certain rural oriented board even though it's strictly moderated. I was banned from several others. Imagine that.:confused:

On one other forum but mainly stick here...the other one being boring...you were banned? moldy food in the fridge again?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I am signed up on another site, but just haven't got the time to visit there - Forum Garden takes up all of my available 'spare' time. I've even deleted from Facebook, as I just aint got the time, nor even the inclination to visit that site. Anyway, I really do think that Forum Garden is probably the best site of them all - most of the members are friendly and helpful, and there are a great cross-section of thread subjects. Way to go FG !!!!! :guitarist:guitarist:D:-6

p.s. Also FG has a gorgeous gaffer ;) :D
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I've visited other forums and it takes about five minutes to determine who is who. It's really kinda fun..:D

But when Oscar mentioned 24s, I almost started a Romper Room Magic Mirror segment... I really miss some of the folks that used to be here:guitarist but the site itself just didn't attract me.

But I miss lots of folks that have gone off to other sites and some I don't miss so much. The one I was on yesterday, yikes! Who was that guy nomad used to quote all the time...?:p
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I was on a forum a while back that did a who don't you miss thread..

was that this one?

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Oscar,

Just don't have time. If I log on to certain sites I'm there all night and nothing gets done. I had to delete my accts. at Facebook and EA...but do like both of those sites except I still don't know how to use FB at times. I do visit some sites that some of our members have gone to see how they're doing but won't join.

I would love to find an Irish site and a cooking/food forum to chat, but haven't found any that I like.

I love FG...it has my heart because of my friends here:-4
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen;1245395 wrote: Hi Oscar,

I love FG...it has my heart because of my friends here:-4 Your the best Kathy :-4
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

oscar;1245396 wrote: Your the best Kathy :-4

You too Oscar:-4
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Kathy Ellen;1245395 wrote:

very well said Kathy...you are very much loved here. :-4
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

flopstock;1245389 wrote: I was on a forum a while back that did a who don't you miss thread..

was that this one?

I think you've made all those lists floppy!! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:lips:
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

oscar;1245316 wrote: I know I did this thread before but I was on the naughty chair and couldn't look at the thread so would you mind awfully doing It it all over again?

Are you on any other forums?

How do they compare to FG ?

What is the Moderation like there?

I'm on a few other sites...most don't need heavy moderation...some of them need more because it's like a free for all and peeps can say whatever they want to others without fear of any type of punishment.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1245395 wrote: Hi Oscar,

Just don't have time. If I log on to certain sites I'm there all night and nothing gets done. I had to delete my accts. at Facebook and EA...but do like both of those sites except I still don't know how to use FB at times. I do visit some sites that some of our members have gone to see how they're doing but won't join.

I would love to find an Irish site and a cooking/food forum to chat, but haven't found any that I like.

awwwwwww so true KE, forumgarden is our home.:-4
Oscar Namechange

Well, I spoke to soon. I didn't get an Infraction but I did get a telling off from one of the mods and had a post removed tonight. :wah:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

;)Odie;1245461 wrote: awwwwwww so true KE, forumgarden is our home.:-4

Thanks Odie:-6

I truly believe that Forum Garden is the best forum. I'm happy here and hope to always be here ;)
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1245465 wrote: ;)

Thanks Odie:-6

I truly believe that Forum Garden is the best forum. I'm happy here and hope to always be here ;)

your welcome and thank you for reminding me as I forgot to include that in my post......no sleep for 5 days just makes Odie nutso!:-5:-5

We have so many cherished friends, that's why I call forumgarden my home.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1245469 wrote: your welcome and thank you for reminding me as I forgot to include that in my post......no sleep for 5 days just makes Odie nutso!:-5:-5

We have so many cherished friends, that's why I call forumgarden my home.

Hello Odie:-6

You haven't slept in 5 days....why:confused:
arobert

Post by arobert »

i am on another forum.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1245471 wrote: Hello Odie:-6

You haven't slept in 5 days....why:confused:

sorry hun, can't say here......let's just say it had to do with Mike.:eek::mad:
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

i'm a member of the waiting for the mothership forum

and the elvis is in my chipshop forum

FG is my fave other forums are full of newbies that get on my nerves:thinking::thinking:

ok i may be the newbie but peeps still get on my nerves taking days to reply to a thread ,i mean why join a forum if you have a real life and want to talk to real people??

when you join forums you know its full of missfits that cant make real friends right:thinking:

i mean as if real people in real life would spend years fighting over if americans are touchy or if english people have bad teeth ....come on real life cant give you such excitement can it :):)

i have made some great friends on FG and these people mean a lot to me

i have learnt more of what i am not and a lot of what i actually am on FG:-6:-6

WELL DONE fg
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

farmer giles;1245565 wrote:

i mean why join a forum if you have a real life and want to talk to real people??

when you join forums you know its full of missfits that cant make real friends

:yh_rotfl

I might just hafta pay that one, Jimbo - except I belong to the school of 'admit nothing'!!

Just logging off to see if I have a real life, somewhere out there, in the red dust....
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Not me.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

In a recent FG battle, two other forums where names so I checked them out. I go there, but this is still my main one.

Without mentioning them specifically, one is mostly US political stuff, some real right wingers there. It is a bit of OK but I don’t go there much, there is only really one topic I am involved in.

Another is one that I like, there are some good people there, but there are not many topics discussed, it is mostly games like: ‘say something about the poster above you’ kind of stuff.

I still like this one the best for the variety of topics and the speed of reply on topics. There is always activity in here. I don’t like waiting hours to see posts replied to.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

mikeinie;1245588 wrote: In a recent FG battle, two other forums where names so I checked them out. I go there, but this is still my main one.

Without mentioning them specifically, one is mostly US political stuff, some real right wingers there. It is a bit of OK but I don’t go there much, there is only really one topic I am involved in.

Another is one that I like, there are some good people there, but there are not many topics discussed, it is mostly games like: ‘say something about the poster above you’ kind of stuff.

I still like this one the best for the variety of topics and the speed of reply on topics. There is always activity in here. I don’t like waiting hours to see posts replied to.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

sorry for the wait :)

i have been trying to diet :rolleyes::rolleyes:
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

1 General dog lovers

3 specific dog breed/type

1 work related

and here :D
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

1. A skeptics' forum

2. A science forum

3. FG

4. Another general forum that is somewhat like FG.

The skeptic and science forums attract a lot of knowledgeable posters, but also some real crackpots that cross the line and have to be dealt with by the mods.
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

mikeinie;1245588 wrote:

Without mentioning them specifically, one is mostly US political stuff, some real right wingers there.

hmmm...sounds like the one I checked out after seeing it's mention here.

I left after about two minutes, with no intention of returning.
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1245406 wrote: I'm on a few other sites...most don't need heavy moderation...some of them need more because it's like a free for all and peeps can say whatever they want to others without fear of any type of punishment.

sounds like one I am on.

great to feel no fear.
Odie

Post by Odie »

buttercup;1245601 wrote: 1 General dog lovers

3 specific dog breed/type

1 work related

and here :D

oh how nice, I wish they had a cat lovers forum!
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Clodhopper;1245570 wrote: Not me.
On the other hand I are............
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Odie;1245730 wrote: oh how nice, I wish they had a cat lovers forum!

Just google - cat lovers forum.

This is the first one that came up for me but there were many more ;)

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/
Oscar Namechange

buttercup;1245886 wrote: Just google - cat lovers forum.

gmc is on another forum but there's only one member.... him.

Still, at least he can agree with himself there.

ihategordonbrown.com
Odie

Post by Odie »

buttercup;1245886 wrote: Just google - cat lovers forum.

wow, this is just wonderful as I had no idea they would even have them for cats.

thank you!:-4
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Odie;1245918 wrote: wow, this is just wonderful as I had no idea they would even have them for cats.

thank you!:-4

I didn't know that cats could even use computers...
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

mikeinie;1245924 wrote: I didn't know that cats could even use computers...

It's the mouse that grabs their attention.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Richard Bell;1245929 wrote: It's the mouse that grabs their attention.

so there must be loads of ***** there then :yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1245924 wrote: I didn't know that cats could even use computers...

one of mine walk uses the keyboard when I am trying to type.:-5:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1245978 wrote: one of mine walk uses the keyboard when I am trying to type.:-5:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

That sounds like sophie when she wants to jump in my lap when I'm on the laptop....of course she's about 40lbs now! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
librtyhead

Post by librtyhead »

I lurk at many forums but never participate I have a fragile eggshell mind.
Odie

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1245958 wrote: so there must be loads of ***** there then :yh_rotfl

excuse me?

my office is clean!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1246028 wrote: That sounds like sophie when she wants to jump in my lap when I'm on the laptop....of course she's about 40lbs now! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:eek:

puppy grew fast!:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist

Return to “General Chit Chat”