Stubborn as a Mule

Issues relating specifically to women's health.
chonsigirl

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by chonsigirl »

Well, I went to school today, and spent most of it in the ER.

I woke with chest pains Saturday night, had the parish nurse check me yesterday, blood pressure was up. Went to school today, and it kept going up. The school nurses drove me to the ER-ha, I wouldn't ride in an ambulance-they said not a heart attack but high blood pressure. (it was just under 190/130) But resting heat beat is low, under 50. (is that really bad?)

They said I must have a stress test this week or next. My question-if something shows up on the stress test, will they tell me no flying? I plan to fly out in 2-3 weeks for my grandson's birth, I really wouldn't want to not go. :-1 Anybody know an answer to that question?

We are not saying a word of this to my daughter, or my mother the blabber of the family. I am going to fib and tell her everything is grand, I'll be there soon. Can't unplug the phone though, what if baby comes early?

But I would like an answer to the stress test question, or am I just being overly paranoid?
Peg

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by Peg »

chonsigirl;1244999 wrote: Well, I went to school today, and spent most of it in the ER.

I woke with chest pains Saturday night, had the parish nurse check me yesterday, blood pressure was up. Went to school today, and it kept going up. The school nurses drove me to the ER-ha, I wouldn't ride in an ambulance-they said not a heart attack but high blood pressure. (it was just under 190/130) But resting heat beat is low, under 50. (is that really bad?)

They said I must have a stress test this week or next. My question-if something shows up on the stress test, will they tell me no flying? I plan to fly out in 2-3 weeks for my grandson's birth, I really wouldn't want to not go. :-1 Anybody know an answer to that question?

We are not saying a word of this to my daughter, or my mother the blabber of the family. I am going to fib and tell her everything is grand, I'll be there soon. Can't unplug the phone though, what if baby comes early?

But I would like an answer to the stress test question, or am I just being overly paranoid?

Stop stressing yourself out more by worrying about. Have the test first. It will probably turn out fine. If they say no flying, then listen so you will be around to enjoy your grandson. I'm just as stubborn as you so I do understand where you're coming from.
Oscar Namechange

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by Oscar Namechange »

chonsigirl;1244999 wrote: Well, I went to school today, and spent most of it in the ER.

They could well advise you not to fly Chons. You are at risk of deep vien thrombosis if your blood pressure is up. I was not allowed to fly for 3 whole years after my pulmery embolism. I am so sorry this has happened to you. It could be the excitement of your trip and baby coming but please please don't take any chances will you.? Let us know how you got on. :-4
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
abbey

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by abbey »

Raven has been posting today so hopefully she'll have an answer.

It's cant be easy I know but please try not to let it stress you further. :-4
flopstock

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by flopstock »

We'll send nomad out to strap you on the back of his bike and chariot you out to the daughter!:-6
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

almostfamous

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by almostfamous »

:( sorry to hear. I hope they get you sorted out soon!

Do you know which type of stress test you're having? Nuclear or treadmill?

I ask because my father had poor reactions to the nuclear ones because of the dye they injected into his system prompted migraines (which he already suffers from)

Not trying to worry you further!!! But if you are a sufferer of chronic migraines it might be something to talk with your doctor about before proceeding.

They very well may tell ya not to fly though, would a train be a reasonable alternative?
chonsigirl

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by chonsigirl »

AF, I think a treadmill test, and yes, I take something for migraines. I will ask in the morning. (poor sub who gets my kids again)

Ian, I will think about your advice. It is wise, and I shall see how long everything takes to set up. (and if I will have to tell them anything at all but high blood pressure)

Thank you all, I will pop in tomorrow and let you know. (and peek at the gorillas too while home)
CARLA

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by CARLA »

Good advice here from Ian keeping it to yourself not good creates more stress. I have had 3 maybe 4 stress test its a way of seeing what your heart will endure. I will say your BP is high and that needs to be addressed immediately hopefully with medication. Flying might be another issue you must tell your physician so they can advice you properly don't keep any information from him/her please. Can you take a train instead?

Chonsi does high BP run in your family?? Please don't take this lightly it must be treated and you must take care of yourself. :-4

[QUOTE]Tell your family, this alone will release some anxiety, there is no need to feel guilty for having high blood pressure, what is important is for you to take care of yourself.

The stress test is a formality for people suffering with high blood pressure it is quite often the root cause, I will reiterate please be open with your family and tell them the truth.

Just take it easy chonsi and don't you dare feel guilty for taking care of yourself first.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Patsy Warnick

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by Patsy Warnick »

High Blood Pressure is your body telling you something is wrong...

Flying is high altitude - key work HIGH..

During a Stress Test - if you can perform & finish the test - that'll tell you how you do.!!!

During the test - the Tec/Dr. stays with you & is monitoring you. The Tec/Dr. will be advising you thru the test to work harder etc..

usually / sometimes you told all went well

or - your told during the test to stop due to your breathing - heart rate - red face - or if your ready to faint..

Question - are you on Blood Pressure Meds now.??

Can you walk & do a flight of stairs with no problem?

Don't put your testing off

Good Luck Chrons

Patsy
chonsigirl

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by chonsigirl »

Treadmill test on Monday-big differences in BP sitting and standing, he changed some meds for now. I think the doctor paid attention this time when I told him my symptoms....
CARLA

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by CARLA »

Good, good, good you must get their attention. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

along-for-the-ride

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Do tell your family...............they love you and care about you.

If I was there with you, I'd give you a back rub.

Here's a link to my thread with videos that may help relax you.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/peopl ... enses.html
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Peg

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by Peg »

chonsigirl;1245256 wrote: Treadmill test on Monday-big differences in BP sitting and standing, he changed some meds for now. I think the doctor paid attention this time when I told him my symptoms....

This time? He doesn't usually? You do know there are other doctors, don't you? Let us know how the test comes out.
Odie

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by Odie »

chest pains does not always mean its your heart.

your blood pressure wasn't that high.

you should be able to fly, your blood pressure should not be that high when you have the stress test done...and if it is...they will tell you if you can fly....now I want you to take the rest of the week off work and just relax, if you can't relax.....just do normal things..but don't overdue.

understood?

and your not being paranoid....do you know just how much worry, I cannot eat nor sleep before my mammogram each year?

bunny girl....its just normal to over-worry.:-4

I am so sorry to have heard this, I know you will be fine, nerves can do a lot of things to your body, I used to get painful throat infections .....a few days later..they were gone...they were brought on my stress.....or they would have not gone away........severe headaches as well.

xo
Life is just to short for drama.
Kathy Ellen

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello my friend:-4

Hoping all will be ok with our bunny girl:-6

Keep us posted ok.. Wish I could cyber myself to DC to help, but you know that my heart is with you always:-4
Patsy Warnick

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Chrons

No Matter the out come here - I'd like to suggest a second opinion on everything..

Your statement was - the DR. Listens this Time..??

After the stress test - get another opinion on your chart & prescriptions etc...

you are your own advocate...!!!

Patsy
mrsK

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by mrsK »

chonsigirl;1245256 wrote: Treadmill test on Monday-big differences in BP sitting and standing, he changed some meds for now. I think the doctor paid attention this time when I told him my symptoms....

Get another opinion to be really sure.

Love to you:-4:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Odie

Stubborn as a Mule

Post by Odie »

just read this now!:-5:-5

That's great news, fabulous!:guitarist:guitarist

:-4
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Women's Health”