Should I buy this laptop?

Bluerain22

Post by Bluerain22 »

My sister needs a new laptop for school. She will be using it mainly for word processing and internet.

Would you buy this one?

Hewlett Packard G70-250CA Laptop PC

intel pentium dual core processor T4200

2.0ghz - 800mhz fsb

3gb ddr- 2 sdr ram 320 gb hard drive

17" wodescreen LCD w brightview

dvd super multi drive with lightscribe

a/B/g/n

hdml webcam

intel GMA 4500 MHD Graphics

windows Vista Home Premium

It's the floor model, on clearance for $597CAD
~Amanda
spot

Post by spot »

Weight and size matter a lot for a school machine. You might like to compare that HP with the products on Eee PC | Easy to Learn, Work and Play

Those subnotebooks are a lot cheaper, too. I've used them for word processing and the Internet, they're perfectly adequate. They weigh around 2 pounds rising to 3 for the larger screen version.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

With todays prices you could get a new one in the box for that price. I'm not big on floor models been handled to much.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Bluerain22

Post by Bluerain22 »

CARLA;1239701 wrote: With todays prices you could get a new one in the box for that price. I'm not big on floor models been handled to much.

Ya, I thought the same thing but in the end we still bought it (though there is always 14 days to return it)... We couldn't found one with quite these features at this price, plus another 5% off for being a shelf model (and the shelve was pretty high up... I don't think anyone did touch it much.) My sister is happy... now if only we could get our wireless router and her laptop to connect. Ugh lol

Thanks for the input Spot and Carla. Much appreciated. :)
~Amanda
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Turn of any firewalls Vista may have up and any Antivirus us until you get the wireless connected and working. In your control window has a FIREWALL that is obnoxious turn it off you don't need it.

[QUOTE]now if only we could get our wireless router and her laptop to connect[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Bluerain22

Post by Bluerain22 »

CARLA;1239735 wrote: Turn of any firewalls Vista may have up and any Antivirus us until you get the wireless connected and working. In your control window has a FIREWALL that is obnoxious turn it off you don't need it.

Done and done...we are slightly ahead... it connects but with limited connectivity (so doesn't actually do anything). My favourite solution - restarting. We will see where that gets us lol
~Amanda
Lon

Post by Lon »

Bluerain22;1239596 wrote: My sister needs a new laptop for school. She will be using it mainly for word processing and internet.

Would you buy this one?

Hewlett Packard G70-250CA Laptop PC

intel pentium dual core processor T4200

2.0ghz - 800mhz fsb

3gb ddr- 2 sdr ram 320 gb hard drive

17" wodescreen LCD w brightview

dvd super multi drive with lightscribe

a/B/g/n

hdml webcam

intel GMA 4500 MHD Graphics

windows Vista Home Premium

It's the floor model, on clearance for $597CAD