My dog was poisoned

Come here to get informal advice on your pet's health, behavior issues, diet, and more.
Oscar Namechange

My dog was poisoned

Post by Oscar Namechange »

spot;1237171 wrote: Indeed they're not but I was commenting on "I guess that I assume that all other dog owners are like myself and Peter who never put our dogs at risk from anything", if you check the thread.
I was refering to the reasonably sane home-owner not some sick thug.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

My dog was poisoned

Post by spot »

oscar;1237174 wrote: I was refering to the reasonably sane home-owner not some sick thug.

If you'd just use "all", "most", "some" and "none" with their conventional meanings we'd avoid a lot of our disagreements. This is scarcely the first time.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
buttercup

My dog was poisoned

Post by buttercup »

oscar;1237169 wrote: I am very aware of this problem.

These are not irresponsible dog owners who neglect their dogs by leaving them home alone all day while they go to work. This is a whole different ball game where the breed is chosen due to It's menace potential and are Indeed used by thugs as weapons. I do not enjoy seeing healthy Pitt Bulls siezed and destroyed but as they are on the dangerous dogs act, they have to be. Far better to track down the bastards who are breeding the puppies Illegally and stop them once and for all. The dog does not choose to be born the wrong breed or be used by thugs. This new culture is on a totally different level to the usual dog owner.

Hmmm, i am also aware of this problem and have had a few pit bull types here as rescue in the hope of rehabilitating. Strong with dominant tendancies - yes.

Have they been suitable for your everyday family - No.

Personally i do not believe that the dogs concerned are unsuitable for family life due to the fact they are pitbull but more they have taken too many kicks, baits and torments. Its not hard for a dog to change here no matter what breed it is. Give it time, love it, respect it, give it boundaries. That does not mean to say it would be suitable in a family situation after rehabilitation, it just means it still has a chance in the right home.
barkcollar

My dog was poisoned

Post by barkcollar »

ok, i wouldnt really poison a dog, but it makes me soooo mad that i have to hear them from 530 AM to dark, i have to work nights, and no im not a bad neighbor. i have a dog and i trained him, they need to train those yorkies. i havent talked to the neighbors about it because i dont want to cause any problems, or make them dislike me. even if i said in a nice way to them to control their dogs, they would still look at me different. YOU DONT LEAVE YAPPING DOGS OUT ALL DAY TO ANNOY THE NEIGHBORS. they know they bark all the time, but it doesnt bother them. if someone poisoned them, i wouldnt care in the least! so get off my back
Oscar Namechange

My dog was poisoned

barkcollar;1237991 wrote: ok, i wouldnt really poison a dog, but it makes me soooo mad that i have to hear them from 530 AM to dark, i have to work nights, and no im not a bad neighbor. i have a dog and i trained him, they need to train those yorkies. i havent talked to the neighbors about it because i dont want to cause any problems, or make them dislike me. even if i said in a nice way to them to control their dogs, they would still look at me different. YOU DONT LEAVE YAPPING DOGS OUT ALL DAY TO ANNOY THE NEIGHBORS. they know they bark all the time, but it doesnt bother them. if someone poisoned them, i wouldnt care in the least! so get off my back

You seem to have mustered up sympathy here BC. My sympathies lie more with the dogs as they are not responsible for a dumb owner but I do know how you feel. My husband and I have both on occassions been ill in bed with the Doberman at the back of us barking all day. You need to try to talk to your neighbour. You say you have a dog and you trained him so you must be a dog lover. The only difference between you and your neighbour is that you trained your dog and they didn't. I'm sure if those Yorkie's had a choice, they'd rather be content that fretting and barking all day. Start by saying to the neighbour 'Look, I've come to you before I have no choice but to go to the authorities', That usually makes them willing to listen. :D
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
RedGlitter

My dog was poisoned

Post by RedGlitter »

I call Troll.

The message I got from this jerk:

(pm removed)

t's my message, I'll do as I see fit with it but this moron has a serious problem and yes, probably is a real danger to animals.
Oscar Namechange

My dog was poisoned

RedGlitter;1238011 wrote: I call Troll.

t's my message, I'll do as I see fit with it but this moron has a serious problem and yes, probably is a real danger to animals.
Did he send that to you?
RedGlitter

My dog was poisoned

Post by RedGlitter »

oscar;1238013 wrote: Did he send that to you?

Yes.
luciferjohn

My dog was poisoned

Post by luciferjohn »

rainbowsmiles;343921 wrote: Long story short:

I let my 5 pound dog out to potty at 11 p.m. and at 5 a.m. I got up to let him out for his morning potty and he was half dead. I took him to the vet and he was having seizures, brain swelled, tongue was hanging out, the vet said he wasn't going to make it. He gave him a shot to reduce swelling and some meds and after 2 days he is now home struggling to recover. The vet says he was poisoned. By something or someone. Has anyone ever had an experiece like this? Apparently pesticides can cause brain swelling and death in animals (as well as with humans). So I was curious if anyone knew of this happening to anyone because I'm wondering how best to help my dog make a full recovery. Thanks for any help in advance.

my mother lost her favorite chiuaua(however you spell it) that way, we live in a farming community, so we couldnt trace the source of the poison.:-1:( hopefully your pet pulls through.
:driving:lookout smart guy talkin:guitarist:yh_devil:yh_ghost:
Oscar Namechange

My dog was poisoned

RedGlitter;1238014 wrote: Yes. Good grief... what a fab calibre of new member we seem to have had there.

Care to explain your self Barkcollar?
spot

My dog was poisoned

Post by spot »

oscar;1238020 wrote: Good grief... what a fab calibre of new member we seem to have had there.

Care to explain your self Barkcollar?

It's probably something to do with her "Get a job. You won't be home to hear them." - bitch (in a PM) is an entirely reasonable response in my opinion.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
abbey

My dog was poisoned

Post by abbey »

RedGlitter;1238011 wrote: I call Troll.

(pm removed)

Pm's from other members are not allowed to be published as well you know.
RedGlitter

My dog was poisoned

Post by RedGlitter »

spot;1238072 wrote: It's probably something to do with her "Get a job. You won't be home to hear them." - bitch (in a PM) is an entirely reasonable response in my opinion.

Spot the next time you imply I am a bitch, you need to have the testicles to say so directly. In other words be a man.
barkcollar

My dog was poisoned

Post by barkcollar »

she was on all my case....... when i feel attacked, i attack back
Oscar Namechange

My dog was poisoned

barkcollar;1238322 wrote: she was on all my case....... when i feel attacked, i attack back
I can understand that but calling her derogatory names is not going to help.
spot

My dog was poisoned

Post by spot »

barkcollar;1238322 wrote: she was on all my case....... when i feel attacked, i attack back

The similarity between her posts and the sound of incessantly yapping brainless yorkies is uncanny. You'll learn who to roll your eyes at and ignore eventually if you stick around.

Welcome to ForumGarden.
Oscar Namechange

My dog was poisoned

spot;1238391 wrote: The similarity between her posts and the sound of incessantly yapping brainless yorkies is uncanny. You'll learn who to roll your eyes at and ignore eventually if you stick around.

Welcome to ForumGarden. And your childish inane comments only add fuel where none is needed.
abbey

My dog was poisoned

Post by abbey »

oscar;1238395 wrote: And your childish inane comments only add fuel where none is needed.As do yours
spot

My dog was poisoned

Post by spot »

abbey;1238433 wrote: As do yours

No I am so what are you?
luciferjohn

My dog was poisoned

Post by luciferjohn »

this thread has degraded anyone remember the dog ? is it any better? i hope so.
:driving:lookout smart guy talkin:guitarist:yh_devil:yh_ghost:
almostfamous

My dog was poisoned

Post by almostfamous »

I started reading all the posts that followed the newcomer's post but quit after it got so damn repetitive. So, this may have been said, may not have but freakin A.... anti-bark collars are proven to help break the dog of the habit. If it is soooo important to the person with the complaint then he can reach in his pockets and go buy it. There are formal channels that can be gone thru. If approaching the neighbor hasn't worked, then report them to the police as a noise violation. If the owner cares they'll take notice and do something about it.

Killing the dog, was just retarded to even think much less say.

It's a dog people, it's not a dinosaur.
flopstock

My dog was poisoned

Post by flopstock »

luciferjohn;1238462 wrote: this thread has degraded anyone remember the dog ? is it any better? i hope so.

I liked the post about new yorkers, myself...:yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

almostfamous

My dog was poisoned

Post by almostfamous »

flopstock;1238519 wrote: I liked the post about new yorkers, myself...:yh_rotfl

we can always count on wisey to lighten things up :wah:
qsducks

My dog was poisoned

Post by qsducks »

spot;1238072 wrote: It's probably something to do with her "Get a job. You won't be home to hear them." - bitch (in a PM) is an entirely reasonable response in my opinion.

RedGlitter;1238096 wrote: Spot the next time you imply I am a bitch, you need to have the testicles to say so directly. In other words be a man.

I myself found Spots bitch remark to Redglitter entirely inappropriate & down right rude. Grow up Spot.
abbey

My dog was poisoned

Post by abbey »

Stop stirring the damn pot!
barkcollar

My dog was poisoned

Post by barkcollar »

i acted childish by calling her names, for that i will say sorry. goodbye

Return to “Pet Advice Support”