What's grabbing you on the TV at the moment ?

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Odie

Post by Odie »

2 more weeks and my new shows start!:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Desperate Romantics - brilliant :-6
Ozay

Post by Ozay »

Episode two of Benefit Busters is another fascinating insight into the hopelessness of these Job Seekers schemes. This week it was based in Hull and i won't mention the company name but it looked like they didn't have a clue how to handle the long term unemployed most who were from pretty rough backgrounds and had lost any ethusiasm to look for any form of work but the company didn't help them really. Let's look at what's wrong: well firstly one of the employees admitted that they were stuck in red tape having to fill it a ridiculous amount of forms to send to the job centre for each unemployed persons' application to the course reporting on there progress thus not having time to have much structured lessons. Secondily some of the lessons were very patronising getting them to build things a bit like you would at school in the name of 'team building' no wonder many complained of this. Thirdly and most annoyingly they were offering plenty of temporary vacancies and jobs that weren't secure... contract work passed onto them by agencies who don't care what they give them as long as they get there bonuses and reach 'targets'!! It is no wonder these frustrated job seekers are being made worse it's because of schemes like this that is treating them like caged animals leaving them to twiddle there thumbs. All some of these employers care about is reaching targets which they even admitted thanks to the recession caused by the banks greed they can't do this! What a mess! And the narrator of the programme said to the main director 'isn't it just a case of you making profits out of the recession' to which he was stone walled by a grinning idiot who said of her failing with offering jobs that aren't secure 'oh...i'm not a miracle worker' to right your bloody not. I am glad there is no schemes like this where i live but i have been on ones not far from it in the past a bit further afield.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Fox news.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Dr Who on syfy channel
Ozay

Post by Ozay »

Wife Swap USA.....what a hoot that is! Never seen such a funny show as last night LOL.....One couple where a bunch of survivalists from Iowa living on a raw food diet that included eating raw meat....and the other where a fairly normal well off family from California. As expected the survivalists where the most amusing and out there bunch of numb nuts. Just cos the medics can't prove that it's wrong to eat raw meat (some pros' they are not being able to give them an explanation of what diseases they can pick up from raw meat never mind food posioning) doesn't excuse there decision to live like this. I think the kids where a bit OTT especially the son who couldn't handle his emotions when he was challenged. Bit out of order like they have been totally brainwashed by there parents.
Ozay

Post by Ozay »

Benefit busters....or should that be lunacy? Has the world gone mad?....On this episode it showed a guy who was clearly ill he had done his back in years ago and it showed him at home takin pain killers (and we heard from his parents) then after the test at the job inspection office he discovers later on that they are putting him on Job Seekers allowance to look with the rest of us unemployed....so it's a statistic off sick but how will he cope if quite rightly he says they bully him into a warehouse job which makes his back even worse!! It also showed him on some job search course where they suggested that he apply for an Admin course only to be interrupted when he was filling the form out to be told by a flash git 'Oh...don't fill that in your no good....just do some evening classes at college' the logic of these suits!

The thing that got to me the most is the greed that these agency people create. They are already on something like £500 a week and yet they are being encouraged to get a £300 bonus if they get someone into work it's no wonder they bully people with crap they don't even want or are able to do. It showed the manager going on about getting targets....what is this an agency or a SALES job?

They like to make out they care about the sick when all they really care about is their fat wallets and keeping statistics down. This hasn't been helped by the minority on the sick who take the **** if it wasn't for that maybe others wouldn't get tarnished with the same brush!
Bez

Post by Bez »

The Wire........

The Tudors (new series)....
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Ozay

Post by Ozay »

Bah! LOL.....Does no one ever challenge me on these threads?
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Bez;1031945 wrote: what programmes will be keeping you entertained for the next 4 or 5 months ?

You have time for so much TV? Wow!
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Fox news today

Fox news tomorrow.

Fox news every freakin day.:-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1237740 wrote: Fox news today

Fox news tomorrow.

Fox news every freakin day.:-5

you need cable.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Odie;1237761 wrote: you need cable.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I got cable. I like Fox news in the daytime. Evenings, I like movies.
Odie

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1237764 wrote: I got cable. I like Fox news in the daytime. Evenings, I like movies.

'Fox news every freakin day.:-5'

you do?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
The Rob

Post by The Rob »

"True Blood"

"Nurse Jackie"

"Nitro Circus" (I can't help it!)

"Chelsea Lately" (godz help me, this and "The Soup" are the only way I can tolerate "celebrity news")

"Defying Gravity" (I know, I know...)

Looking forward to the season premier of "Dexter"!
The Rob

Post by The Rob »

I forgot "Doctor Who" and "Torchwood"!
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

The Rob;1238459 wrote: "True Blood"

"Nurse Jackie"

"Nitro Circus" (I can't help it!)

"Chelsea Lately" (godz help me, this and "The Soup" are the only way I can tolerate "celebrity news")

"Defying Gravity" (I know, I know...)

Looking forward to the season premier of "Dexter"!

**AF grabs Rob and bear hugs him** :-4:p
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

I'm stoked for the new seasons of House and Grey's Anatomy to start. College football will be keeping my tied up too though
The Rob

Post by The Rob »

almostfamous;1238463 wrote: **AF grabs Rob and bear hugs him** :-4:p

Awwww! Hugs back, and good to be 'mongst the pixels with ya again. :-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

almostfamous;1238464 wrote: I'm stoked for the new seasons of House and Grey's Anatomy to start. College football will be keeping my tied up too though

can't wait for HOUSE myself, wondering how long he will be in that physic ward.:(
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1238472 wrote: can't wait for HOUSE myself, wondering how long he will be in that physic ward.:(

My moms fave show House. Me...greys anatomy, desperate housewives....right now tv is off...trying to get two 8yo to sleep....its getting quiter...whoops somebody has the hiccups:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1238475 wrote: My moms fave show House. Me...greys anatomy, desperate housewives....right now tv is off...trying to get two 8yo to sleep....its getting quiter...whoops somebody has the hiccups:wah:

I should have gotten into Grey's Anatomy as it looks good.

hiccups......I remember how much they hurt!:-5:-5
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

I don't know what I ever watched before Grey's came on lol. It's like crack! But, I'm a medical junkie anyway wantin to be in the medical field and all. And House just cracks me the fk up! Him and his hydros :yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

almostfamous;1238492 wrote: I don't know what I ever watched before Grey's came on lol. It's like crack! But, I'm a medical junkie anyway wantin to be in the medical field and all. And House just cracks me the fk up! Him and his hydros :yh_rotfl

you never answered me!:-5:-5

how long do you think HOUSE will be in the physic ward?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Ozay;1235498 wrote: Wife Swap USA.....what a hoot that is! Never seen such a funny show as last night LOL.....One couple where a bunch of survivalists from Iowa living on a raw food diet that included eating raw meat....and the other where a fairly normal well off family from California. As expected the survivalists where the most amusing and out there bunch of numb nuts. Just cos the medics can't prove that it's wrong to eat raw meat (some pros' they are not being able to give them an explanation of what diseases they can pick up from raw meat never mind food posioning) doesn't excuse there decision to live like this. I think the kids where a bit OTT especially the son who couldn't handle his emotions when he was challenged. Bit out of order like they have been totally brainwashed by there parents.

that show is so freekin weird...my kids are always saying mom why don't you do that? NFW folks. And the husbands are the worst...bunch of namby pamby's...they always "get" it at the end of the show. "oh she taught me so much, blah blah blah. Grrrr.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1238487 wrote: I should have gotten into Grey's Anatomy as it looks good.

hiccups......I remember how much they hurt!:-5:-5

they are asleep finally. Faith crashed at 10pm but Quin took a little longer...he's snoring at the mo.:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1238509 wrote: they are asleep finally. Faith crashed at 10pm but Quin took a little longer...he's snoring at the mo.:wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

wait until Monday night when they're siked for school!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Ozay

Post by Ozay »

I have been a fan of Hollyoaks for many years now but i wasn't impressed by the special programme in honour of it: 'The good the bad and the hollyoaks' I think it was called something like that, anyway I just found it childish especially considering it was on after 9pm.....apart from showing u relevant scenes from the past the rest of it was just actors from yesteryear and recently just pratting about. Seeing Caramel pretending to fight was just nauseatingly stupid and the mocking of the grease musical was just laughable and i had to turn the sound down! I was very disappointed with the nonsense u had to watch to reach a scene from the past!!

I have been watching 'How not to live your life' a great comedy on BBC 3 recently.

Wife Swap USA and Come dine with me (the 3 hour ones on More 4) both a lot of fun at the moment. Come dine with me u come across some complete funny charachters.....one guy had cooked Haggis and white pudding wrapped in Steak! And then on Wife Swap USA it showed this crazy eco village wife who was used to raiding the bins to make meals out of....and the other wife was just as barmy...she had lots of puppies that she bathed and dressed up in silly little doggie clothes!! :wah:
Ozay

Post by Ozay »

There is nothing like being a thread stopper is there?LOL....

Been watching 'the worlds stricest parents' on BBC 3 recently it is hilarious. I laugh at how deranged these children behave they may have been brought up well none of there actual parents seems like weirdos but they have somehow become like arrogant worms. They go abroad and rebel against strict parents, not just strict but parents who are odd in their views compared to run of the mill parents! Disappointingly it is the same expectation of them everytime i haven't seen one failure yet. The children act like slugs to start with and then when they realise the parents won't back down suddenly they begin to act normal and decide to turn they lives around! :guitarist
Bez

Post by Bez »

I've been watching FLASHFORWARD on channel 5. It's fizzled out a bit since the 1st episode, but once you get hooked you have to watch the lot....in this case 22 episodes !
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Quaker oats commercials.:-3
Odie

Post by Odie »

Holmes Inspections
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

Odie;1032840 wrote:

I want WKRP repeats back!:-5

I'm afraid it's not gonna happen.

Back when they originally aired the show, you could play bits of hit songs on the show, no problem. (For the youthful and/or non-North American members, WKRP was a great sitcom about a Cinncinati, Ohio radio station, so the songs were a big part of the show.)

Today, it would cost a fortune to secure the rights to use that same music, so reruns are pretty well out of the question.

Same problem with The Wonder Years.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Richard Bell;1256671 wrote: I'm afraid it's not gonna happen.

Back when they originally aired the show, you could play bits of hit songs on the show, no problem. (For the youthful and/or non-North American members, WKRP was a great sitcom about a Cinncinati, Ohio radio station, so the songs were a big part of the show.)

Today, it would cost a fortune to secure the rights to use that same music, so reruns are pretty well out of the question.

Same problem with The Wonder Years.

oh we did have the repeats back....twice, they just took them off again a few years ago.
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

Odie;1256674 wrote: oh we did have the repeats back....twice, they just took them off again a few years ago.

...because securing the rights to the music is now prohibitively expensive.

That's why they took them off the air.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Richard Bell;1257006 wrote: ...because securing the rights to the music is now prohibitively expensive.

That's why they took them off the air.

You very well may be right Richard as I had asked just a few years ago if they were bringing WKRP onto DVD, and that's what they said, the rights are just to expensive.

They did make some, but the music is fake.:-5:-5
CybersurfingJunkie

Post by CybersurfingJunkie »

The Big Bang Theory.
Odie

Post by Odie »

White Collar

new series just started.:guitarist

An FBI Agent and a con get together, awesome show!:D
Odie

Post by Odie »

I'd like to see HOUSE, but the last 2 have been repeats.:-5:-5
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

nothing:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

Odie;1260178 wrote: I'd like to see HOUSE, but the last 2 have been repeats.:-5:-5

anyone else watching HOUSE?
Barman

Post by Barman »

The final "Benidorm" is about to start, i love this series, my kind of humour.:D
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Barman;1260271 wrote: The final "Benidorm" is about to start, i love this series, my kind of humour.:D

me too, gutted its the last in this series...funny as :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Barman

Post by Barman »

Chezzie;1260282 wrote: me too, gutted its the last in this series...funny as :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Now wasn't that just great.:D
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Barman;1260308 wrote: Now wasn't that just great.:D

Great doesnt do it justice lol, I think I wee'd a little when he collapsed on stage...Hilarious:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

I like

Corrie

Doc Martin

Strictly Come Dancing

Mid-Sommer Murders

Nature programmes like Autumn Watch
Ozay

Post by Ozay »

Two programmes for me to mummble about this week!:

Worlds Strictest Parents!: Couldn't beleive how ignorant the scouse girl was being. At least the other lad was playing the game. She should have just gone along with it and thought well this is only temporary i can do what i like and probably will when i get back to Liverpool! But as usual they both pulled through and now we are led to believe that the scouse girl in particular is going to change when she gets back to Liverpool. They were faced with an unusual behaving family but at least they were nice people they weren't aggressive in their behaviour unlike some of the families i don't think bullying is the way forward. One of the parents in a previous episode had shouted at one of the teenagers and basically threatened him that was out of order.

Come dine with me!: From York a lovely city near me! What a hoot! All the guests didn't click and they were forever slagging each other off and making sloppy food. One woman who works for the council (heaven forbid) had a snake and the crazy woman let it onto the table! The true Yorkshire man made squirrel pie for the main course and came up with a load of small minded views on women. The latin looking women was good looking and dressed like a tart much to everyones horror as she was well into middle age! I didn't mind though! The playwright was okay but he took a load of abuse from the Yorkshire man not suprisingly.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Most certainly the Tudors. Methinks this is a great program and I beeseech you to vsit the Tudors wickpedia site

Farewell all bards and gods speed.
Odie

Post by Odie »

FOX news!:yh_rotfl
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Spooks

great show

Return to “General TV Shows”