Lord, Laird and Lady titles.

A forum to discuss local issues in Scotland.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

What do you think of the websites selling plots and titles in highland estates?

Great money spinner, protects woodland area's, hilarious gift or complete rip off?
gmc

Post by gmc »

buttercup;1237263 wrote: What do you think of the websites selling plots and titles in highland estates?

Great money spinner, protects woodland area's, hilarious gift or complete rip off?

Now if the SNP were going to nationalise all the estates and throw the descendants of the thieving bastard war lords that took the land in the first place on to a council estate in possilpark and banned foreign companies from buying big estates then it might make the political debate more interesting.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

buttercup;1237263 wrote: What do you think of the websites selling plots and titles in highland estates?

Great money spinner, protects woodland area's, hilarious gift or complete rip off? I'd have a punt at It. As you say, a great way to protect woodland area's. Does It mean I can shoot poachers and get a Gilly?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Well i don't know about that :wah:

Here's one of them, see what you think. They also have a forum for all the lords and ladies, i see it as just a bit of fun really with most members only owning 1 square foot.

Lord Title | Buy a title | Laird Title - Lochaber Highland Estates
Oscar Namechange

Ian;1237278 wrote: I think titles like "lord" and such are pompous and self indulgent.

Good Lord.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

buttercup;1237275 wrote: Well i don't know about that :wah:

Here's one of them, see what you think. They also have a forum for all the lords and ladies, i see it as just a bit of fun really with most members only owning 1 square foot.

Lord Title | Buy a title | Laird Title - Lochaber Highland Estates
Can you Imagine It? Lady Oscar and Lord Peter Lake :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I paid for a star to be named after my nephew when he was born. There is a star out there called 'Henry William James'. :-6:-6
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

oscar;1237281 wrote: Can you Imagine It? Lady Oscar and Lord Peter Lake :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Yes i can see it happening :wah:

I paid for a star to be named after my nephew when he was born. There is a star out there called 'Henry William James'. :-6:-6

Cute.:-4

Who gets the money for it and what do they do with it.
Oscar Namechange

buttercup;1237283 wrote: Cute.:-4

Who gets the money for it and what do they do with it.
I have no Idea.. :wah: I've got paperwork for It some-where so I'll have a look. Henry got a certificate about his star. :-6 But he wants a train set now Instead :wah:
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

The Lady Pamela is not amused. :sneaky:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Ian;1237278 wrote: I think titles like "lord" and such are pompous and self indulgent.

Yeah, having the students call me Dr. already gets me enough comments. What if I made them call me "Lady" too!
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Rip off. Pure and simple, aimed at our deprived colonial cousins (such as the poor bloody English).
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Yup, back when I worked in the local farm supplies (many moons ago) a woman came in to request opening up an account, I handed over the forms to her for her to fill in. She handed them back and told me to do it, gritting teeth and remembering that the customer is always right I made a start, looking up at her I said 'Mrs?' requesting her surname, she told me 'Well actually it's 'Lady, cross through the Mrs you have checked there and write in Lady' :wah:

It never appeared on the account, just went under the surname just like all the others. ;)
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

AussiePam;1237375 wrote: The Lady Pamela is not amused. :sneaky:

Yes Pammy, indeed.

"We are not amused"...............

well my son is a Baron, not sure of what though. and quite frnakly ...Who the hell cares . There's some decendents around here that have titles ..........but they know they would be mad to use them. They'd be laughing stocks .
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

chonsigirl;1237378 wrote: Yeah, having the students call me Dr. already gets me enough comments. What if I made them call me "Lady" too!

what? Lady Dr........? It's either self explanatary or Your gyno waiting room is full.:wah::wah::wah:
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

fuzzywuzzy;1237454 wrote: Yes Pammy, indeed.

"We are not amused"...............

well my son is a Baron, not sure of what though. and quite frnakly ...Who the hell cares . There's some decendents around here that have titles ..........but they know they would be mad to use them. They'd be laughing stocks .

Agreed. That's why I only use mine, in jocular / jugular vein :sneaky:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Hmm, like a March Hare.........good title for a rabbit. :)

Return to “Scotland”