Duggars: pregnant again with Number Nineteen

Discuss the latest political news.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

They have 18 kids already, and the mother is pregnant again. Is this a great thing? Or is it just overpopulation?

story
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Strange what some people consider "entertainment news." :thinking:

I wouldn't call it a great thing. I'm guessing they get paid for their TV appearances?
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I assumed so Acc, but I don't know for sure.

But..... we can buy their book! :thinking: :wah: It's on sale now and is mentioned here on their family website.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

A web site? A book? :-5

I'm glad I don't know them.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

They have to do something, Acc. Baby needs new shoes!

:wah:
cars

Post by cars »

Do I hear "Guinness World Record Book" contender?! :wah:

(Too much of a good thing!)
Cars :)
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Accountable;1236823 wrote: Strange what some people consider "entertainment news." :thinking:

I wouldn't call it a great thing. I'm guessing they get paid for their TV appearances?

Of course they do. This is how Jon and kate went from charity to being millionaires in 4 short years.

These folks are raking it in. They have to 'pay' each kid on the show of which the parents get a piece, plus the parents get paided ecen bigger chunks.

I'm assuming, in this case... think I'll go see what I can find.:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

You can catch the whole bunch on TLC channel weekly. The are making huge amounts of money and are living a very nice and comfortable life.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

RedGlitter;1236821 wrote: They have 18 kids already, and the mother is pregnant again. Is this a great thing? Or is it just overpopulation?

story

I can't imagine what her uterus looks like...must be a beat up thing. They don't believe in birth control...hoepfully she'll go through early menopause soon:D
Odie

Post by Odie »

RedGlitter;1236821 wrote: They have 18 kids already, and the mother is pregnant again. Is this a great thing? Or is it just overpopulation?

story

considering their on tv...great way to wrack up the money!:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1236892 wrote: considering their on tv...great way to wrack up the money!:-5:-5

I don't watch them...I watched once...wasn't into the sacchrin sugar coated family. Nobody is that happy:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1236905 wrote: I don't watch them...I watched once...wasn't into the sacchrin sugar coated family. Nobody is that happy:wah:

I only watched the video there.....

just way to many reality shows now.:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

They do seem like a well-adjusted loving family.

I do feel for the mother, however, being pregnant and giving birth so many times. Her body needs a rest. IMO
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Bit of a freak show, so probably good reality television. I can't understand reality television anyway, but it appears to be driven by the same mindless demand, the same constant rather prurient hunger for trivia in people's lives, other people can get hot and bothered over. This lot seem to be earning a decent living out of exploiting their kids. They are probably no morally worse than most other people and maybe a bit less bad than those of us feeding the demand for such circuses.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

AussiePam;1236997 wrote: Bit of a freak show, so probably good reality television. I can't understand reality television anyway, but it appears to be driven by the same mindless demand, the same constant rather prurient hunger for trivia in people's lives, other people can get hot and bothered over. This lot seem to be earning a decent living out of exploiting their kids. They are probably no morally worse than most other people and maybe a bit less bad than those of us feeding the demand for such circuses.

Actually Pam, they belong to a religion called Quivering. I read an article on it today online....women must be submissive to their hubs, have as many children as God will give them, stay home, do ALL the work & hubs will support them with whatever job he has...they don't believe in birth control, public schools, sending their daughters to college (the boys can go), etc. It just sounded like brainwashing to me. She gives birth to babies and after a couple of months go by, she hands that baby off to her oldest daughter (not the son, mind you) and goes & has another baby.

the whole point of Quivering is to have couples have as many children which they call "arrows"...in other words to take over America & the horror "secular ways" of the non believers...that would be most of the US. It was very disturbing to read. I was watching the video of the Duggars on one of the morning shows...the one daughter stood out to me...she was constantly smiling...like it was glued in place and the mother Duggar was proudly extolling the newest member who is expected inthe Spring. Meanwhile, another daughter is holding #18 who is fussing the entire time...did Michellle bother to look at the baby? No. And the father never even turned around to console the baby! She and him just kept smiling for the cameras. I thought it rather weird imo...she didn't even ask for the daughter to hand over #18...it said alot to me. Mom's can always comfort a fusspot...but not Michelle. And her hubs...he kept looking at Michelle as some kind of saint...and smiling.:confused:, and all the kids were smiling that fake smile...gave me indigestion:wah:.

Also, the oldest son & his younger bride are expecting next month & I'm sure she'll be preggars in 6 mon. after this baby is born. When he was dating the wife, it was all chaporoned....they were 20 yrs old:confused:...I did manage to see their wedding on tv...imo, totally tacky...they were getting dressed in their tuxes in the bathroom of the church, gross & the bride was also. I could go on, but you will have to read about them online & their religion and there are also horror stories of women who left the religion...and man do they give a different account of what really goes on.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

qsducks;1237129 wrote: Actually Pam, they belong to a religion called Quivering. I think she's done enough quivering. :sneaky:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Accountable;1237162 wrote: I think she's done enough quivering. :sneaky:

Dude, I got done quivering after #4:wah:.. and I run the household...no not married to some wingnut religious dude...jez, we don't even bother with church in the summer:wah:
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Thanks to my friend for reminding me of this..... ;)

Attached files
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

RedGlitter;1237195 wrote: Thanks to my friend for reminding me of this..... ;)

Reds, she is a clown car..it was rather disgusting to watch them on the morning show today..all smiles...:confused:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Yep..

[QUOTE]I think she's done enough quivering. :sneaky:[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Accountable;1237162 wrote: I think she's done enough quivering. :sneaky:

I don't even think she knows to quiver at the giant penis coming her way...probs thinks it;s that time again:wah:...oh another thing in that religion is that the woman should not be "aroused"...god what a boring life:wah::sneaky:
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

True that, Ducks, but she chose that life for herself.

I've read about Quiver and it's real hard for me to respect that stuff.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

RedGlitter;1237209 wrote: True that, Ducks, but she chose that life for herself.

I've read about Quiver and it's real hard for me to respect that stuff.

Red, she doesn't know how to say "not tonight dear":wah:
Mariposa Traicionera

Post by Mariposa Traicionera »

Honestly? I think it sucks because I worry that, with so many fundies being 'quiverfull,' fundygelical Christians might be in the majority in a few generations. :yh_ooooo
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Mariposa Traicionera;1237360 wrote: Honestly? I think it sucks because I worry that, with so many fundies being 'quiverfull,' fundygelical Christians might be in the majority in a few generations. :yh_ooooo

I'll move to another country if that happens....my beef is with the repubs saying stupid things like keep the government out of everything, but thye have no probs going after peeps doing private things in their bedrooms, access to birth control, etc. Anything to keep women down...oh yeah, they are for that.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

what it they weren't Christian fundies? what would people say then? They support themselves, they have good kids, all are good at studies and play music.

I say Good luck to them. :)
Mariposa Traicionera

Post by Mariposa Traicionera »

fuzzywuzzy;1237468 wrote: what it they weren't Christian fundies? what would people say then? They support themselves, they have good kids, all are good at studies and play music.

I say Good luck to them. :)If they weren't fundies I'd have no problem with it.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

qsducks;1237363 wrote: I'll move to another country if that happens....my beef is with the repubs saying stupid things like keep the government out of everything, but thye have no probs going after peeps doing private things in their bedrooms, access to birth control, etc. Anything to keep women down...oh yeah, they are for that.
Sounds like somebody needs to look around & realize there are more than two parties. :)

Return to “Current Political Events”