How To Get To Heaven When You Die

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
spot

Post by spot »

xfrodobagginsx;1157518 wrote: Who said this?

Joh 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

1Jo 5:12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Whoever compiled the two sources, presumably. You're a literalist, you know you interpret them differently to the way I do. There is no heaven, there is no hell, there is no afterlife, Christianity is a way of behaving and the Bible is a source-book relating the ideas of people around first century. It's the greatest selection of texts ever compiled but, given your definition of God, there is no God either. What you describe as God is demonic.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
flyingfsck

Post by flyingfsck »

Apparantly the Heaven Express leaves at noon.

Attached files
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

spot;1157539 wrote: Whoever compiled the two sources, presumably. You're a literalist, you know you interpret them differently to the way I do. There is no heaven, there is no hell, there is no afterlife, Christianity is a way of behaving and the Bible is a source-book relating the ideas of people around first century. It's the greatest selection of texts ever compiled but, given your definition of God, there is no God either. What you describe as God is demonic.

I see. Since I am "interpreting" it wrong, could you kindly "interpret" the passage for me? What does it say? I can't figure it out because it's so ambiguous.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

I'm trading my sorrow

I'm trading my shame

I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness

I'm trading my pain

I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

Chorus:

And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord

Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord

Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen

I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned

Struck down but not destroyed

I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure

And his joy's gonna be my strength

Though the sorrow may last for the night

His joy comes with the morning

Are you looking for Christian Mp3s or Cds? Click here to buy all the latest Christian music from Amazon.com.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Good Song ^
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Try this link to a guy who has been to hell and back. I posted it before, but the link was messed up. Just watch it. It's very interesting.

Dr Maurice Rawlings - NDE - To Hell and Back
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer to God at the bottom of it if you haven't yet
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer to God at the bottom of it if you haven't yet.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

"Is the Lava Dome at Mount St. Helens

Really a Million Years Old?"

by Keith Swenson

Radioisotope dating conveys an aura of reliability both to the general public and professional scientists. The best "proof" for millions of years of earth history in most people's minds is radioisotope dating. But is the method all it's cracked up to be? Can we really trust it? The lava dome at Mount St. Helens provides a rare opportunity for putting radioisotope dating to the test.

In August of 1993, I had the exciting privilege of accompanying geologist Dr. Steven Austin and others from the Institute for Creation Research on a climb into the crater of Mount St. Helens to view the lava dome. It was one of those experiences that was well worth every exhausting moment! The dome (Figure 1) sits like a small mountain (roughly 3/4 mile in length and 1000 feet high) directly over the volcanic vent, which is at the south end of the huge horseshoe-shaped crater blasted out of the mountain by the May 18, 1980 eruption. It is composed of a volcanic rock called dacite and appears to an observer in the crater as a huge steaming mound of dark, blocky rubble.

Actually the present lava dome at Mount St. Helens is the third dome to form since the 1980 eruption, the first two having been blasted away by subsequent eruptions. The current dome started to form after the volcano's last explosive eruption on October 17, 1980. During 17 so-called dome-building eruptions, from October 18, 1980 to October 26, 1986, thick pasty lava oozed out of the volcanic vent much like toothpaste from a tube. Dacite lava is too thick to flow very far, so it simply piled up around the vent forming the mountain-like dome, which now sits as a plug over the volcanic orifice.

Why does the lava dome provide an opportunity to test the accuracy of radioisotope dating? There are two reasons. First, radioisotope dating methods can be used mainly on volcanic (igneous) rock, such as dacite. (Fossil-bearing sedimentary rock cannot be directly dated radioisotopically.) Second, the date of formation of the dacite is known. (This is one of the rare instances in which, to the question, "Were you there?", we can answer-"Yes, we were!") It is widely assumed that the radioisotope clock is set at zero and starts ticking when igneous rock solidifies from a molten state.

The concept of radioisotopic dating is fairly simple. The method used at Mount St. Helens is called potassium-argon dating. It is based on the fact that potassium-40 (an isotope or "variety" of the element potassium) spontaneously "decays", becoming argon-40 (an isotope of the element argon). This process proceeds very slowly at a known rate, having a half-life for potassium-40 of 1.3 billion years. In other words, 1.0 gram of potassium-40, in 1.3 billion years, would decay to the point that only 0.5 gm was left. Theoretically, given certain assumptions, one could measure the amount of potassium-40 and argon-40 in a volcanic rock sample and calculate how old the rock is. When this is done, the age is usually very great, often millions of years.

In June of 1992, Dr. Austin collected a 15 lb. block of dacite from high on the lava dome. A portion of this sample was crushed, sieved, and processed into a whole rock powder as well as four mineral concentrates. These were submitted for potassium-argon analysis to Geochron Laboratories of Cambridge, MA, a high quality, professional radioisotope dating laboratory. The only information provided to the laboratory was that the samples came from dacite and that "low argon" should be expected. The laboratory was not told that the specimen came from the lava dome at Mount St. Helens and was only 10 years old. The results of this analysis, shown in Figure 2 (below), were recently published.1

Sample (Mt.St.Helens' new dome) "Age" (in millions of years)

1. "Whole Rock" 0.35 ± 0.05

2. Feldspar, etc. 0.34 ± 0.06

3. Amphibole, etc. 0.9 ± 0.2

4. Pyroxene, etc. 1.7 ± 0.3

5. Pyroxene 2.8 ± 0.6

-------------------------------------------

Figure 2. Potassium-argon "ages" for "whole rock" and mineral concentrate samples from lava dome at Mount St. Helens.

What can one observe about these results? First and foremost is simply that they are wrong. A correct answer would have been "zero argon" indicating that the sample was too young to date by this method. Instead, the results ranged from 0.35-2.8 million years! Why is this? A good possibility is that solidification of magma does not reset the radioisotope clock to zero. Probably some argon-40 is incorporated from the start into newly formed minerals giving the "appearance" of great age. It should also be noted that there is poor correspondence between the different samples, each taken from the same rock.

Is this the only example where radioisotope dating has failed to give correct dates for rocks of known age? Certainly not! Dalrymple2 gives the following potassium-argon ages for historic lava flows (Figure 3):

Historic Lava Flow Potassium-Argon "age" (in millions of years)

Hualalai basalt (Hawaii, AD 1800-1801) 1.6 ± 0.16

Mt. Etna basalt (Sicily, AD 1792) 1.41 ± 0.08

Mt. Lassen plagioclase (California, AD 1915) 0.11 ± 0.3

Sunset Crater basalt (Arizona, AD 1064-1065) 0.27 ± 0.09 0.25 ± 0.15

Figure 3. Potassium-argon "ages" in millions of years for historic lava flows.

Another example is found at the Grand Canyon in Arizona. The bottom layers of the canyon are widely held to be about one billion years old, according to evolutionary chronology. One of these layers is the Cardenas Basalt, an igneous rock amenable to radioisotope technology. When dated by the rubidium-strontium isochron method the Cardenas Basalt yielded an "age" of 1.07 billion years, which is in agreement with the evolutionary chronology.3

However, volcanoes of much more recent origin exist on Grand Canyon's north rim. Geologists agree that these volcanoes erupted only thousands of years ago, spilling lava into an already eroded Grand Canyon, even temporarily damming the Colorado River. Rocks from these lava flows have been dated by the same rubidium-strontium isochron method used to date the Cardenas Basalt, giving an "age" of 1.34 billion years.4 This result indicates that the top of the canyon is actually older than the bottom! Such an obviously incorrect and ridiculous "age" speaks eloquently of the great problems inherent in radioisotope dating. (Numerous other radioisotope "ages" are also given.)

Radioisotope dating is widely perceived to be the "gold standard" of dating methods and the "proof" for millions of years of earth history. But when the method is tested on rocks of known age it fails miserably. (The lava dome at Mount St. Helens is really not a million years old! We were there! We know!) By what twisted logic then are we compelled to accept radiometric dating results performed on rocks of unknown age? I would submit we are not so compelled, but rather called to question and challenge those who promote the faith of radioisotope dating.

"It is obvious that radiometric techniques may not be the absolute dating methods that they are claimed to be. Age estimates on a given geologic stratum by different radiometric methods are often quite different (sometimes by hundreds of millions of years). There is no absolutely reliable long-term radiological `clock'."6

William D. Stansfield, Ph.D

1 Austin, S.A., 1996. Excess Argon Within Mineral Concentrates from the New Dacite Lava Dome at Mount St. Helens Volcano. CEN Tech.J., 10(3):335-343.

2 Dalrymple, G.B., 1969. 40Ar/36Ar analysis of historic lava flows. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 6:47-55.

3 Austin, S.A.,(edit),1994. Grand Canyon: Monument to Catastrophe, Institute for Creation Research, Santee, CA, pp 111-131.

4 Austin, Ref. 3

5 Austin, Ref. 3 [not used in on-line version, at this time]

6 Stansfield, W.D., 1977. The Science of Evolution, Macmillan, New York, p 84.

"Is the Lava Dome at Mount St. Helens Really a Million

Years Old?" is Copyright 1998, by Keith Swenson

Go to the Introduction of: www.creationism.org
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Daniyal

Post by Daniyal »

xfrodobagginsx;1058898 wrote: ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will confess to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, accept Him as Lord and Savior and believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead you will be saved.

Joh 1:12 Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus and asking Him to forgive you for your sins and save you. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please humble yourself before God and pray this prayer to Him from your heart:

"Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you prayed that prayer to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

First There No Such Place , But I Do Have A Question , Why Would Anyone Want To Go To This Place Call Heaven And Sit Around And Do Nothing The Rest Of Their Live's ?
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Daniyal;1167984 wrote: First There No Such Place , But I Do Have A Question , Why Would Anyone Want To Go To This Place Call Heaven And Sit Around And Do Nothing The Rest Of Their Live's ?

The frightening part is that it's meant to be for the rest of eternity.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

:-6
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Jesus loves YOU!!!
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

The evidence is overwhelming. To deny it is to simply lie to make yourself feel better. Evolution is a lie. He doesn't really get into it until about 30 minutes into the video if you want to skip right to the evidence. Skip the first 30 minutes. The evidence is overwhelming. To deny it is to simply lie to make yourself feel better.

Watch the video and there is no doubt dinosaurs walked with men:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?sou ... =en&tab=wv#
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

:driving:
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

:-6
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer to God at the bottom of it if you haven't yet.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Jesus loves you.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

I realize that people don't like to be called "sinners" but if you look inside your own heart you will know that you are not perfect. I know I am not perfect. I am not pointing my finger at you. I am trying to warn you that you need Jesus. If we could go to heaven by being a good person, then Jesus Christ died on the cross for nothing. He came because we couldn't save ourselves. Here is that hard part for most people: In order to be saved, we must humble ourselves before God and admit that we are sinners and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. The prayer at the bottom of this first post does this if you pray it from your heart to God. Please do that. I am not judging you, I am telling you what the bible says you must do to be saved, that's all.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Watch the entire video and there is no doubt dinosaurs walked with men. You may want to skip to about 30 minutes into it. That's when he gets into the hard evidence. Don't watch 10 minutes of it and say "that doesn't prove anything" Skip to about 30 minutes into it and then listen.

hovind dinosaurs lived with men - Google Video
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Evolutionists cannot prove that:

1. Time, space, and matter came into existence by themselves.

2. Planets and stars formed from space dust.

3. Matter created life by itself.

4. Early life-forms learned to reproduce themselves.

5. Major changes occurred between these diverse life forms (i.e., fish changed to amphibians, amphibians changed to reptiles, and reptiles changed to birds or mammals).

6. How did an a sexual reproducing organism evolve into 2 sexes?

7. How did a 3 chamber heart evolve into a 4 chamber heart?

Someone wrote:

The next question I would pose to an evolutionist/naturalist is whether he considers himself moral. If you uphold yourself to any moral purpose whatsoever, you fail to live up to your worldview. As an evolutionist, you should act purely out of utility. Survival is your main goal. Of course none of this makes human experience intelligible given the fact that no one acts this way.

If you disagree with this theory, I ask you, do you steal from the blind? Survival of the fittest right? Would you steal from the blind if it were legal? Many atheists, evolutionists, naturalists, etc wouldn't. Because they are good moral people. They, however, don't live up to the obligation of the way they see the world. You aren't living up to your duty of primal survival. You are actually capable of things totally independent of natural selection, like love...even for those who have no impact on your life. Every dollar you give to the homeless, and every hour you volunteer, you do not out of utility, but out of love. Your goodness causes you to fail to live up to your worldview.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

:-2
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I try to cover all the bases, just in case.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr 8:36 "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

"Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."
usernew

Post by usernew »

I want to hell Just kidding.

I m wandering is there anyone who want to go in hell after he die?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

I hope not. The problem is that we will go there if we don't accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

*****sigh*****
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Consider Pascal's Wager.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

:guitarist :-6
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello Frodo,

No offense, but you've been here in the garden for a long time. No one seems to want to participate in this thread.

Why don't you just chat away in the other threads and just enjoy yourself. Looks like you're lonely in here by yourself:(:p

Come on...out the door ya go and into the FG garden......:-6

xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Yes, but I must proclaim the gospel. If I won't, then who will?
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

1.Head south on N Chestnut St/MN-41 toward Hundertmark Rd0.4 mi

2.Turn left at MN-312 E8.0 mi

3.Continue on MN-5 E1.4 mi

4.Take the exit onto I-494 E/MN-5 E Continue to follow I-494 E

26.8 mi

5.Take exit 58B to merge onto I-94 E/US-12 E toward Madison Continue to follow I-94 E

Entering Wisconsin

248 mi

6.Continue on I-39 S/I-90 E (signs for I-39/I-90/Chicago) Continue to follow I-90 E

Partial toll road

Passing through Illinois, Indiana

Entering Ohio

456 mi

7.Continue on I-80 E (signs for I-80/I-90) Toll road

76.2 mi

8.Take exit 218 to merge onto I-80 E Partial toll road

5.6 mi

9.Take the exit on the left onto I-80 E/OH-11 N toward New York City Continue to follow I-80 E

Entering Pennsylvania

272 mi

10.Take exit 260A to merge onto I-81 S toward Harrisburg27.0 mi

11.Take exit 124 A to merge onto S Lehigh Ave/PA-61 toward St Clair Continue to follow PA-61

9.9 mi

12.Turn left at Seven Stars Rd0.5 mi

13.Turn left at Weavers Rd0.5 mi

14.Turn left at Albert Blvd0.5 mi

15.Slight left at Haven Fair Lawn Dr0.1 mi

Heaven, Pottsville, Pennsylvania
I AM AWESOME MAN
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Don't you care about where you will spend eternity after you die?
Lon

Post by Lon »

xfrodobagginsx;1220889 wrote: Don't you care about where you will spend eternity after you die?

Where do Non Christians go? Where do they spend eternity?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Lon;1220917 wrote: Where do Non Christians go? Where do they spend eternity?

Jesus Himself said:

Joh 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

What is the wrath of God? It's the Lake of Fire AKA hell:

Re 20:15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

How do you get into the book of life? By accepting Jesus Christ:

Jesus said:

Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

So I ask you Was Jesus right or wrong when He said these things? Jesus is the one who's going to judge us.

Jesus said:

Mt 7:21 ¶ "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

princessladedah

Post by princessladedah »

All the way!!!!!! Couldnt have said it better myself
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Mt 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mt 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Dear FrodoBaggins,

I am a pagan spiritualist. I am concerned for your soul when you die for I know my God and Goddess are the Way and the Light of all Eternal. Have you accepted the God and Goddess as your personal spiritual guides yet? Please pray the attached prayer to save your soul and know The Truth.

I must proclaim the Only Way or who will?

Dear God. Please save me from your followers. Amen.

See, the christian sect is the only one (I am aware of or have experienced personally) that accosts other people with unwanted religious propaganda on the claim of pseudo-witnessing. That is why it is so offensive to many of us. God made me, God knows what is in my heart, mind, soul and that is good enough for my God. I don't need any mortal human to show me God's Light as it is the Seed from which I sprung.

Have a good day. But only if you want to! :-6
cigar898

Post by cigar898 »

Each person has their own belief and yes, not believing is a belief also. So religion is one of those things that are personal. I don't push my belief on anyone and I expect the same in return.

The thing I wonder is why do churches, synagogues, fill up after a disaster or for example, after the twin towers were attacked? Does anyone thing that is hypocritical?
Those who made the ultimate sacrifice thought YOU were worth dying for. Remember THEM

I'm Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Christian, and a proud Veteran. Therefore, my government has labeled me a "right-wing extremist", a militia member, and a possible domestic terrorist
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

RedGlitter;1231763 wrote: Dear FrodoBaggins,

I am a pagan spiritualist. I am concerned for your soul when you die for I know my God and Goddess are the Way and the Light of all Eternal. Have you accepted the God and Goddess as your personal spiritual guides yet? Please pray the attached prayer to save your soul and know The Truth.

I must proclaim the Only Way or who will?

Although I respect your right to believe what you want. I will not choose your God for the reason that your Goddes didn't perform miracles or even rise from the dead, fulfill hundreds of predictions of their coming hundreds of years before their birth as Jesus Christ did, therefore I choose Jesus Christ and His precious blood that was shed on the cross to pay for my sins. You should too.

See, the christian sect is the only one (I am aware of or have experienced personally) that accosts other people with unwanted religious propaganda on the claim of pseudo-witnessing.

Not true. Muslims kill people in the name of their religion and force them to convert by the sword, but that doesn't seem to bother the world.

That is why it is so offensive to many of us.

But islam isn't.

God made me, God knows what is in my heart, mind, soul and that is good enough for my God.

Then why not do things God's way?

I don't need any mortal human to show me God's Light as it is the Seed from which I sprung.

You're absolutely right. Mortal man cannot save you, only God can, and God says that Jesus Christ is the only way. Those aren't my words, those are God's words. Why don't you believe Him? Was Jesus wrong?

Have a good day. But only if you want to! :-6

:-4

My response is in bold above.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

cigar898;1231840 wrote: Each person has their own belief and yes, not believing is a belief also. So religion is one of those things that are personal. I don't push my belief on anyone and I expect the same in return.

Jesus said to go into all of the world and preach the gospel to every creature. I believe that He said this BECAUSE it is the truth and all other religions are lies. Is He right or wrong.

The thing I wonder is why do churches, synagogues, fill up after a disaster or for example, after the twin towers were attacked?

Because people USE God when it's convienient for them. We should serve Him in the good times AND in the bad.

Does anyone thing that is hypocritical?

It sure is.

My response is in bold above
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Frodo,

See what I mean? "You should too." "God's way."

I do things God's way. Who are you to question my God or me or tell me what or who to believe in? That is presumptuous at worst and rude at best. Which is exactly my point about christians. Thank you.

Return to “General Chit Chat”