Taking time off

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
RedGlitter

Taking time off

Post by RedGlitter »

buttercup;1236531 wrote: Hi Red

If members had not complained so much to Tombstone about the forum being unmoderated it would not be moderated now, what bit of that don't you get?

I get that it was a complete joke and there have been nothing but problems ever since.

I remember Tombstone so sick of all the snivelling he was thinking of pulling the plug.

That shut everybody up for a while, they realised it was not such a bad place afterall :rolleyes:

That would have been the thing to do, instead he's simply taken a back seat and has let the board run rampant. At least that is how it looks to a lot of us.

I don't see anywhere i have asked anyone outright to leave but yes i most certainly have said on many an occasion if a members not happy its exactly what they should do and i stand by it and will say it again if i feel thats what i'd like to say. Who am i to do that? - A member of the board.

Okay. Now give EVERYONE that same courtesy and right. That's all I'm saying. That everyone has the right to their say. :)

The one bit i do agree with you on is yes i do not have to read the posts but i chose too on this occasion and commented as you did.
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

RedGlitter;1236586 wrote: .....

Thank you Reds...I've been answering BC all day.. I've explained my position..what more does she want? My bags packed & a ticket outta town?
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

In light of my respect and fondness for Spot this will be my last post on the thread.

I agree with you Red that everyone should have their say, i just get fed up of the constant moaning about the same old thing year in year out, its like a broken record.

Have a nice evening :-6
RedGlitter

Taking time off

Post by RedGlitter »

You too, Buttercup. :-6
abbey

Taking time off

Post by abbey »

qsducks;1236595 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl which you have been doing all day
Why can you not show the same respect to BC and stop inflaming the situation?
Kathy Ellen

Taking time off

Post by Kathy Ellen »

buttercup;1236347 wrote: Well i remember the Frank of old and his recruiting tactics and those of his mates. I remember his hate threads and garden party's where the focus was coming over here to flame as much as possible, it was all very tiresome and pretty pathetic. I don't particularly like to see his forum advertised here and it says a lot for our mods to not remove the link as many of you were not here at that time.

The more i think about it the better an idea i think it is for all the people here that are unhappy with the service are to go join him.

Hi Buttercup,

I joined March of 06. I don't remember the flaming threads from Frank. Did they happen before then??? Thanks.

It just cracks me up when I read some of the posts from some of our former members here in FG. who are now on other forums, making fun of FG's members and feel that they can kick our a$$. Likea huh...what's that all about:-3:wah:
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Taking time off

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Kathy Ellen;1236614 wrote: Hi Buttercup,

I joined March of 06. I don't remember the flaming threads from Frank. Did they happen before then??? Thanks.

It just cracks me up when I read some of the posts from some of our former members here in FG. who are now on other forums, making fun of FG's members and feel that they can kick our a$$. Likea huh...what's that all about:-3:wah:

Spanky Franky used to visit quite a lot and used to enjoy stirring the pot - usually ended in tears.
Kathy Ellen

Taking time off

Post by Kathy Ellen »

mikeinie;1236353 wrote: Coincidence or not???

The administrators name on the other forum is Frank…. I wonder if there is any connection there??

Mike, The admin/owner/mod who you were dealing with at 24 is Frank or 24hournut
Kathy Ellen

Taking time off

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Bryn Mawr;1236617 wrote: Spanky Franky used to visit quite a lot and used to enjoy stirring the pot - usually ended in tears.

I remember when he was here, but was I here when the flaming started?...March 06?
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

abbey;1236606 wrote: Why can you not show the same respect to BC and stop inflaming the situation?

Excuse me? I have been answering her questions all day...she just kept baiting me...I have a right to answer her questions and she just kept coming after me...that's they way I saw it. If anybody was flaming the convo it was her after I said in one of my posts to drop it. I'll erase the last post if you want. Read posts #94 on up to 100.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Taking time off

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Kathy Ellen;1236624 wrote: I remember when he was here, but was I here when the flaming started?...March 06?

Might just have missed it #6
spot

Taking time off

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr;1236632 wrote: Might just have missed it #6

How I managed to stay out of that thread for 55 posts I can't imagine. I do think I got the details right when I posted though. But I've not forgotten how much a slimeball opportunist creep that chap is.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AussiePam

Taking time off

Post by AussiePam »

spot;1236658 wrote: How I managed to stay out of that thread for 55 posts I can't imagine. I do think I got the details right when I posted though. But I've not forgotten how much a slimeball opportunist creep that chap is.

He's been banned so has no chance of defending himself against posts like this which are far removed from the OP.

I reread the linked thread - it was sad. I miss quite a few of those feisty, maybe misfit, bright posters, no longer with us, or still members but who post only rarely. Time to go to the beach.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

spot

Taking time off

Post by spot »

AussiePam;1236681 wrote: He's been banned so has no chance of defending himself against posts like this which are far removed from the OP. So he is, very very permanently. So's Elsie, for that matter. And did you notice who tried logging in again not two hours ago, browsing the thread?

I did point out the thread's lack of respect to the OP quite a while ago but it had little effect.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AussiePam

Taking time off

Post by AussiePam »

No I didn't notice and don't know who you're referring to.

The fact the OP has been derailed in other ways is a different issue from using that as an excuse for gratuitous comments on the character of someone who can't now defend themselves.

What you drag up is nearly 3 years old. A lot has happened since then in both forums mentioned. I'm not trying to defend those people who have been banned. Just that it seems inappropriate to call them names, when they can't return and respond - even in kind.

The people I was referring to are not ones who have been banned but rather a few who choose not to post in here now, or only do so once in a blue moon. Hi Theia, Pinky, Diuretic, Galbally, Lulu, Guppy, DesignerGirl, Weeder, even Koan.

spot

Taking time off

Post by spot »

AussiePam;1236786 wrote: What you drag up is nearly 3 years old. A lot has happened since then in both forums mentioned. I'm not trying to defend those people who have been banned. Just that it seems inappropriate to call them names, when they can't return and respond - even in kind.

Me???

Good lord, the one thing I don't ever do is drag these things up after nearly 3 years. By all means criticize me for commenting if other people drag them up but don't try making out it's me doing it.

Calling Spankie Frankie as unwelcome as syphilis is just my way. Nobody who read the original exchanges would expect him to have changed either his mind or his methods since he was thrown out and the last thing he's likely to expect or get from FG is sympathy, understanding or a right of reply.
farmer giles

Taking time off

Post by farmer giles »

YZGI;1236439 wrote: Are there any men on FG that are pissed at the mod's? Just asking.;):D

i'm ok with the mods well the way i'm treated by them i mean :thinking:

to be honest i cant work out why i have not been banned yet :lips::lips:

i sometimes think other people get a tough time but then again i think other people get it to easy from the mods who knows ??

i'm just glad i'm not a mod :thinking:

what a tough job it would be..i mean thinking why people with big boobs should not be banned and thinking of why i should ban any good looking young guys that join ,i mean just in case they cause the focker women to have palpertations..for their own good you understand :sneaky::sneaky:
AussiePam

Taking time off

Post by AussiePam »

Spot - you do injured innocence so very well. I doff my akubra in your wickedly maligned and sadly misunderstood presence!!! :yh_rotfl

Return to “General Chit Chat”