Michelle Obama's Shorts

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
Peg

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by Peg »

So here we are again. The biggest scandal to hit the White House: How much skin is really in?

Hours upon hours have been spent talking about what a first lady should or should not wear. First, it was whether or not she had the right to “bare arms,” and now, pictures of Michelle wearing “short” shorts while on holiday with her family during yesterday’s trip to the Grand Canyon are sparking a similar debate. While most women would agree that shorts (at any length) are often tough to pull off, I think we should line up with hands raised to offer her a high five. And since she is gifted with those long legs, I beg the question — wouldn't all shorts be "short" on her?

Link

Do you feel it is okay for the first lady to wear shorts? I don't get the big deal. She's still human, she still wants comfort, and she wasn't showing her butt.
AussiePam

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by AussiePam »

If this is the biggest scandal the usual bunch of scandalmongers can dig up......
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

RedGlitter

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by RedGlitter »

Good grief. Everyone wears shorts at the GC. It's 100+ degrees there. I think it's A-ok. And for the record, I like to see Barrack in his button down shirts with no tie and rolled sleeves. I can relate to that. I don't relate to suits and evening gowns. I think it would be really cool to have a presidency where nobody made a fashion plate out of the First Lady. I'm not interested in Michelle's wardrobe. I *am* interested in what her platform is going to be. Have they talked about that yet? Like we've had drugs for Nancy, Literacy was it, for Barbara and Habitat for Humanity for Roslyn. What's Michelle going to stand for??

Good post Peg. :)
chonsigirl

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by chonsigirl »

Good grief, it is high 90s and humid here! She looks good in them, leave her alone! How silly, there are more important things going on in Washington DC than this.

Red, I think Michelle originally said there was program she was going to be active in, it was for students and goal oriented for going to college. I do not remember the name of it right now, but it looked like a good thing for her to champion as her cause.
Odie

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by Odie »

I think she looks hot!

and she is in Arizona for gods sakes, its hotter than hell there.
Life is just to short for drama.
mikeinie

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by mikeinie »

The media must have nothing else to do. To call those ‘short shorts’ is ridiculous. What would they like her to wear?
cars

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by cars »

Peg;1232013 wrote: Link

Do you feel it is okay for the first lady to wear shorts? I don't get the big deal. She's still human, she still wants comfort, and she wasn't showing her butt.
Well playing devil's advocate, "she" is not the only "First Lady' to ever encounter hot temps!

There should be some amount of decorum for her esteemed position that she knows photos will be (has been) displayed all over the world. Possibly "caprie's" might have been a better choice, to strike a happy medium! :-2
Cars :)
CARLA

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by CARLA »

She would look like an idiot if she wore anything else but SHORTS at the Grand Canyon I have been there it is hot and its dirt you can't get around it in a dress. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1232036 wrote: The media must have nothing else to do. To call those ‘short shorts’ is ridiculous. What would they like her to wear?

your right, those are far from short shorts!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

ahhhhhhhh the media is up to no good again!:mad:
mikeinie

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by mikeinie »

Odie;1232044 wrote: your right, those are far from short shorts!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

ahhhhhhhh the media is up to no good again!:mad:

Correct, now these are short shorts:

YZGI

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by YZGI »

I can't wait to see her in a bikini..:D
hoppy

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by hoppy »

Please. No photos of Hillary in short shorts. Or Barny Franks.
qsducks

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by qsducks »

The media obs is bored or the religious right are having a field day with this stupid subject. I've been wearing shorts since April...its effing hot! I'm sure Hannity/Fox will have a field day with this dumb subject.:-5
Odie

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1232061 wrote: Correct, now these are short shorts:

you weren't supposed to show that pic of me!:sneaky:
AussiePam

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by AussiePam »

qsducks;1232081 wrote: The media obs is bored or the religious right are having a field day with this stupid subject. I've been wearing shorts since April...its effing hot! I'm sure Hannity/Fox will have a field day with this dumb subject.:-5

Most fundamentalists seem to want to cover up women - purely for their own protection of course.

Nomad

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by Nomad »

First ladies knees showing....that is really pushing the envelope.
I AM AWESOME MAN
AussiePam

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by AussiePam »

---

Attached files

Odie

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1232305 wrote: This is much nicer!! More seemly, less see-ly, altogether... Might be a bit hot, but definitely cooler than roasting in hell fire.

oh god please no, I have enough of those here!:mad:
AussiePam

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by AussiePam »

Women should be silent. So, try to type quietly, please.

Odie

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1232310 wrote: Women should be silent. So, try to type quietly, please.

we will use a silencer on the men.:sneaky:
Nomad

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by Nomad »

AussiePam;1232310 wrote: Women should be silent. So, try to type quietly, please.

I have yet to experience that particular phenomenon.
I AM AWESOME MAN
AussiePam

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by AussiePam »

The Second Amendment, beloved of our American ForumGardeners, apparently gave men the right to bare arms. It most decidedly did not give women the right to bare knees.

Peg

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by Peg »

There was a poll on TV. 83% thought it was fine for Michelle to wear shorts.
qsducks

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by qsducks »

Peg;1232439 wrote: There was a poll on TV. 83% thought it was fine for Michelle to wear shorts.

And what did the other 17% say?
qsducks

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by qsducks »

AussiePam;1232305 wrote: ---

Somebody was telling me they see these women on the beaches covered head to toe & then decide to go with swimming in these get ups...of course the life guards have to go in and save them.:-5
Peg

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by Peg »

qsducks;1232442 wrote: And what did the other 17% say?

They thought shorts were inappropriate for the first lady to wear.
RedGlitter

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by RedGlitter »

So when Prez Clinton did his cigar bit in the Oval Office, with a woman who wasn't his wife, instead of thinking he disgraced the nation, people said what he did was his own business. Yet a president's wife wears a modest pair of shorts to the Arizona desert in the middle of August and people have issue with that.

:thinking:
qsducks

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by qsducks »

Peg;1232446 wrote: They thought shorts were inappropriate for the first lady to wear.

What's she supposed to wear? An evening gown?:thinking:
Peg

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by Peg »

qsducks;1232448 wrote: What's she supposed to wear? An evening gown?:thinking:

I wish I knew what they thought she should wear.
qsducks

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by qsducks »

Peg;1232452 wrote: I wish I knew what they thought she should wear.

That muslin get up from head to toe:wah:.
qsducks

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by qsducks »

RedGlitter;1232447 wrote: So when Prez Clinton did his cigar bit in the Oval Office, with a woman who wasn't his wife, instead of thinking he disgraced the nation, people said what he did was his own business. Yet a president's wife wears a modest pair of shorts to the Arizona desert in the middle of August and people have issue with that.

:thinking:

The conservatives are bored outta their minds this week or somebody is.:wah:
Richard Bell

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by Richard Bell »

Seems like a curiously American controversy.

Here we have Kim Campbell, Prime Minister of Canada for a brief time in 1992, Vladimir Putin, President of Russia, on a recent fishing trip, and Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany :

Attached files
qsducks

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by qsducks »

Richard Bell;1232602 wrote: Seems like a curiously American controversy.

Here we have Kim Campbell, Prime Minister of Canada for a brief time in 1992, and Vladimir Putin, President of Russia, on a recent fishing trip.

He has man boobs:wah:
Bez

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by Bez »

I think she looks great....just can't understand what all the fuss is about.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Richard Bell

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by Richard Bell »

qsducks;1232604 wrote: He has man boobs:wah:

Dude's 56 years old. Pretty fit, I'd say.

Must be his KGB exercise routine.
qsducks

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by qsducks »

Richard Bell;1232608 wrote: Dude's 56 years old. Pretty fit, I'd say.

Must be his KGB exercise routine.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Well, I think both him & Michelle having nothing to worry about...they are both good looking for their ages.
chonsigirl

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by chonsigirl »

What did they expect the lady to wear, she dressed appropriately for the heat. I bet the new reporters don't look that good in shorts, or why keep talking about it?
qsducks

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by qsducks »

chonsigirl;1232611 wrote: What did they expect the lady to wear, she dressed appropriately for the heat. I bet the new reporters don't look that good in shorts, or why keep talking about it?

And we all know that Laura Bush would never wear shorts in public...too frumpy:wah:
cigar898

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by cigar898 »

AussiePam;1232015 wrote: If this is the biggest scandal the usual bunch of scandalmongers can dig up......

Zigackley! Ferpectly right!

Jeez folks, it's not like she flashed her butt at anyone.......let's be sensible. As for the President running around with the jacket off and rolled up sleeves.....sorry but I feel that it's not showing the proper respect for the position. Behind closed doors with no meeting going on.....fine. But when in public, the President represents the United States......just my $.02
Those who made the ultimate sacrifice thought YOU were worth dying for. Remember THEM

I'm Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Christian, and a proud Veteran. Therefore, my government has labeled me a "right-wing extremist", a militia member, and a possible domestic terrorist
qsducks

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by qsducks »

cigar898;1232638 wrote: Zigackley! Ferpectly right!

Jeez folks, it's not like she flashed her butt at anyone.......let's be sensible. As for the President running around with the jacket off and rolled up sleeves.....sorry but I feel that it's not showing the proper respect for the position. Behind closed doors with no meeting going on.....fine. But when in public, the President represents the United States......just my $.02

No, he should sweat to death in a suit?
cigar898

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by cigar898 »

qsducks;1232642 wrote: No, he should sweat to death in a suit?

Do you honestly think he is without A/C wherever he goes....come on.
Those who made the ultimate sacrifice thought YOU were worth dying for. Remember THEM

I'm Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Christian, and a proud Veteran. Therefore, my government has labeled me a "right-wing extremist", a militia member, and a possible domestic terrorist
qsducks

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by qsducks »

cigar898;1232645 wrote: Do you honestly think he is without A/C wherever he goes....come on.

I don't know what part of the USA your from...but it is disgusting in Philly & most politicians walk around with their shirt sleeves rolled up here in the summer.
cars

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by cars »

qsducks;1232766 wrote: I don't know what part of the USA your from...but it is disgusting in Philly & most politicians walk around with their shirt sleeves rolled up here in the summer.
"O" is not just a common politician, he's the Prez of the USA, & "M" is just not a philly from Philly, she's the first lady of the US of A! Their positions require some amount of decorum in public, it kinda goes with the territory.
qsducks

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by qsducks »

cars;1232772 wrote: "O" is not just a common politician, he's the Prez of the USA, & "M" is just not a philly from Philly, she's the first lady of the US of A! Their positions require some amount of decorum in public, it kinda goes with the territory.

Than explain that to the 84% of Americans who don't give a crap what Michele wears to the Grand Canyon...:wah:
cars

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by cars »

qsducks;1232775 wrote: Than explain that to the 84% of Americans who don't give a crap what Michele wears to the Grand Canyon...:wah:
They're entitled to their opinion! :D
qsducks

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by qsducks »

cars;1232779 wrote: They're entitled to their opinion! :D
Yes they are..but they only account for 17% of the USA who think of this stupid subject
cars

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by cars »

qsducks;1232781 wrote: Yes they are..but they only account for 17% of the USA who think of this stupid subject
She can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but she can't please all of the people all of the time! :wah:
RedGlitter

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by RedGlitter »

Well, I would rather see my president's wife in suitable clothes that even I would wear rather than another fancyass dress or evening gown that costs more than my monthly house payment. :)
cars

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by cars »

RedGlitter;1232786 wrote: Well, I would rather see my president's wife in suitable clothes that even I would wear rather than another fancyass dress or evening gown that costs more than my monthly house payment. :)
The cost of the attire doesn't seem to really be in question, it's the amount of attire that they're questioning.
Mustang

Michelle Obama's Shorts

Post by Mustang »

cars;1232782 wrote: She can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but she can't please all of the people all of the time! :wah:

It's great she's comfortable with whatever she wears and doesn't give a damn what her critics say.

Return to “Fashion Clothing”