40 years ago..

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
dubs

40 years ago..

Post by dubs »

40 years ago, one of the greatest technological events of the last century occurred. Manned Lunar landings! And the only mention of this event, on these boards, is some old pile of bullsh!t from TruthIsNeverTooEvident......I'm bloody disgusted!!!!!!!:mad:

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
dubs

40 years ago..

Post by dubs »

fuzzywuzzy

40 years ago..

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well dubs I don't believe it happened but ...............yes ! that was some really weird reading.

a very special and prestegious event happened 40 years ago .............I WAS BORN!!!!

How you doing anyway gorgeous?
dubs

40 years ago..

Post by dubs »

fuzzywuzzy;1219348 wrote: Well dubs I don't believe it happened but ...............yes ! that was some really weird reading.

a very special and prestegious event happened 40 years ago .............I WAS BORN!!!!

How you doing anyway gorgeous?

It's up to you whether you believe it or not Buttfuzz, but it happened and these 12 Americans are the only humans to walk on the surface of another cellestial body....

1. Neil Armstrong August 5, 1930 38y 11m 15d Apollo 11 July 21, 1969[3] NASA[4]

2. Buzz Aldrin January 20, 1930 39y 6m 0d Air Force

3. Pete Conrad June 2, 1930 July 8, 1999 39y 5m 17d Apollo 12 November 19–20, 1969 Navy

4. Alan Bean March 15, 1932 37y 8m 4d Navy

5. Alan Shepard November 18, 1923 July 21, 1998 47y 2m 18d Apollo 14 February 5–6, 1971 Navy

6. Edgar Mitchell September 17, 1930 40y 4m 19d Navy

7. David Scott June 6, 1932 39y 1m 25d Apollo 15 July 31 – August 2, 1971 Air Force

8. James Irwin March 17, 1930 August 8, 1991 41y 4m 14d Air Force

9. John W. Young September 24, 1930 41y 6m 28d Apollo 16 April 21–23, 1972 Navy

10. Charles Duke October 3, 1935 36y 6m 18d Air Force

11. Eugene Cernan March 14, 1934 38y 9m 7d Apollo 17 December 11–14, 1972 Navy

12. Harrison Schmitt July 3, 1935 37y 5m 8d NASA

I'm fine thanks darlin'...:-6

fuzzywuzzy

40 years ago..

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

did you know that the guys in Australia were not going to help the Americans with the telecast because they were too busy?:yh_rotfl seriously! That's what they told NASA at first.

Okay, 2000 tapes of the landing footage were held at NASA. all have been taped over:-2. so the Yanks asked if the guys here had some spare footage. One of them set up the taping, 2 hours worth that recently went missing..........gone never to be seen again. Don't you think with such an inportant event someone would keep an original copy?
along-for-the-ride

40 years ago..

Post by along-for-the-ride »

This event has been mention, albeit briefly, in one of Jimbo's threads.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... ost1217779
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
dubs

40 years ago..

Post by dubs »

fuzzywuzzy;1219360 wrote: did you know that the guys in Australia were not going to help the Americans with the telecast because they were too busy?:yh_rotfl seriously! That's what they told NASA at first.

Okay, 2000 tapes of the landing footage were held at NASA. all have been taped over:-2. so the Yanks asked if the guys here had some spare footage. One of them set up the taping, 2 hours worth that recently went missing..........gone never to be seen again. Don't you think with such an inportant event someone would keep an original copy?

I've never heard of any of that....It sounds like conspiracy theory claptrap to me!!

Odie

40 years ago..

Post by Odie »

dubs;1219343 wrote: 40 years ago, one of the greatest technological events of the last century occurred. Manned Lunar landings! And the only mention of this event, on these boards, is some old pile of bullsh!t from TruthIsNeverTooEvident......I'm bloody disgusted!!!!!!!:mad:

If you had of checked, I posted this yesterday!;)

Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM #149 (permalink)

Odie

scooby dooby do....

Supporting Member

country flag

Send a message via Yahoo to Odie

Re: Astronomy picture of the day...

hard to believe......40 years ago today..........first man on the moon!
Life is just to short for drama.
dubs

40 years ago..

Post by dubs »

along-for-the-ride;1219363 wrote: This event has been mention, albeit briefly, in one of Jimbo's threads.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... ost1217779

Something of this magnitude warrant its own thread though AFTR, not get lost in Jimbos mutterings and mumblings.....:wah::wah:

dubs

40 years ago..

Post by dubs »

Odie;1219365 wrote: If you had of checked, I posted this yesterday!;)

Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM #149 (permalink)

Odie

scooby dooby do....

Supporting Member

country flag

Send a message via Yahoo to Odie

Re: Astronomy picture of the day...

hard to believe......40 years ago today..........first man on the moon!

Yes Odie I saw that! But like I said to AFTR, it should have, with its importance, a thread of it's own, or several threads.......After all, bloody MJ owned the boards for 2 weeks......:p

fuzzywuzzy

40 years ago..

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

dubs;1219364 wrote: I've never heard of any of that....It sounds like conspiracy theory claptrap to me!!

Nope, all documented. There's all this information out there and no one bothers to read or look it up.
dubs

40 years ago..

Post by dubs »

Kathy Ellen;1219371 wrote: Post #148

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/space ... ay-15.html

Saw it KE! If MJ gets about 15 threads, this deserves one of it's own..;)

fuzzywuzzy

40 years ago..

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Oh and I don't mean over the internet either, it's all gathered info held in Universities and government buildings around the world. There's FBI files available About the JFk Killing and Martin Luther s' killing available to anyone. what's interesting is that a mafia boss actually admitted to the assination of JFK and why he organised it. it's all very indepth but the truth usually is
dubs

40 years ago..

Post by dubs »

fuzzywuzzy;1219372 wrote: Nope, all documented. There's all this information out there and no one bothers to read or look it up.

Can't be arsed! There's plenty of video footage around anyway..:thinking:

Odie

40 years ago..

Post by Odie »

dubs;1219370 wrote: Yes Odie I saw that! But like I said to AFTR, it should have, with its importance, a thread of it's own, or several threads.......After all, bloody MJ owned the boards for 2 weeks......:p

perhaps it should have........yesterday.
dubs

40 years ago..

Post by dubs »

Odie;1219378 wrote: perhaps it should have........yesterday.

Yeah, that's right! I thought someone was going to start a big old thread yesterday, and I was entirely gobsmacked when no-one did..Hence my "disgusted" remark........:thinking:

Odie

40 years ago..

Post by Odie »

dubs;1219382 wrote: Yeah, that's right! I thought someone was going to start a big old thread yesterday, and I was entirely gobsmacked when no-one did..Hence my "disgusted" remark........:thinking:

you should have checked that thread, this is why Kathy made it for us.;)

and no one was stopping you from making one yesterday!:rolleyes:
dubs

40 years ago..

Post by dubs »

Odie;1219383 wrote: you should have checked that thread, this is why Kathy made it for us.;)

and no one was stopping you from making one yesterday!:rolleyes:

I did check it yesterday....And saw it was a long way down a very long thread about Astronomy......I was expecting someone from over that side of the Atlantic to have made much more fuss about it! They didn't! I was shocked and disgusted.....

Ok.....I've been attacked by three women so far...An Aussie, Canuck and a Yankee! Haha! Bring it on girls:D:D

Odie

40 years ago..

Post by Odie »

dubs;1219389 wrote: I did check it yesterday....And saw it was a long way down a very long thread about Astronomy......I was expecting someone from over that side of the Atlantic to have made much more fuss about it! They didn't! I was shocked and disgusted.....

Ok.....I've been attacked by three women so far...An Aussie, Canuck and a Yankee! Haha! Bring it on girls:D:D

it was a worldwide event.;)
dubs

40 years ago..

Post by dubs »

Odie;1219393 wrote: it was a worldwide event.;)

But not on FG!!!!! I'm sorry, I thought this was an event worth a thread. Turns out it became a competition to see who'd posted a snippet about it first..That's me done then!

Kathy Ellen

40 years ago..

Post by Kathy Ellen »

dubs;1219389 wrote: I did check it yesterday....And saw it was a long way down a very long thread about Astronomy......I was expecting someone from over that side of the Atlantic to have made much more fuss about it! They didn't! I was shocked and disgusted.....

You were attacked:confused:
Odie

40 years ago..

Post by Odie »

dubs;1219395 wrote: But not on FG!!!!! I'm sorry, I thought this was an event worth a thread. Turns out it became a competition to see who'd posted a snippet about it first..That's me done then!

your not understanding.......

40 years ago yesterday......it was a worldwide event....:-5:-5

It was on the news worldwide.

...not just in Canada or the US.........you could have easily posted it yourself!:rolleyes:

why are you blaming others?
dubs

40 years ago..

Post by dubs »

Odie;1219412 wrote: your not understanding.......

40 years ago yesterday......it was a worldwide event....:-5:-5

It was on the news worldwide.

...not just in Canada or the US.........you could have easily posted it yourself!:rolleyes:

why are you blaming others?

I think it's you who's not understanding. With me being 5/6/7..whatever, hours ahead of you timewise. When I logged off THAT day, I thought that with a big chunk of THAT day still available to peeps on your side of the atlantic, someone would post a thread about it and I'd log on and contribute to it...No-one did! Hence I EASILY posted one a day late!!!!! My mistake was not making the title..Approximately 40 years ago...Better late than never I thought! So instead of being a recognition of the momentous achievments of the US and NASA. The thread became one where I was an arse for getting the day wrong.....Meh!

kazalala

40 years ago..

Post by kazalala »

dubs;1219367 wrote: Something of this magnitude warrant its own thread though AFTR, not get lost in Jimbos mutterings and mumblings.....:wah::wah:

dubs;1219382 wrote: Yeah, that's right! I thought someone was going to start a big old thread yesterday, and I was entirely gobsmacked when no-one did..Hence my "disgusted" remark........:thinking:

so what was stopping you from putting on a thread:thinking: oh so you did:sneaky: why sit there getting mad cos other people didnt put up threads about something you thought they should:confused:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
dubs

40 years ago..

Post by dubs »

kazalala;1219750 wrote: so what was stopping you from putting on a thread:thinking: oh so you did:sneaky: why sit there getting mad cos other people didnt put up threads about something you thought they should:confused:

What the hell is going on here????? I wasn't getting mad, I was just disgusted that a monumental piece of recent history was just sliding past.........Kaz, I was a bit chuffed off I admit, because a magnificent achievement of technical skill and bravery was (apart from a couple of brief mentions ) passed over, while a dead pop singer took over the boards for a fortnight......:thinking:

Oscar Namechange

40 years ago..

Post by Oscar Namechange »

dubs;1219343 wrote: 40 years ago, one of the greatest technological events of the last century occurred. Manned Lunar landings! And the only mention of this event, on these boards, is some old pile of bullsh!t from TruthIsNeverTooEvident......I'm bloody disgusted!!!!!!!:mad:
Did you watch the doc on a few nights ago? The images of our planet from their view point on the moon made me realise just how insignificant we all are. :thinking:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
kazalala

40 years ago..

Post by kazalala »

dubs;1219765 wrote: What the hell is going on here????? I wasn't getting mad, I was just disgusted that a monumental piece of recent history was just sliding past.........Kaz, I was a bit chuffed off I admit, because a magnificent achievement of technical skill and bravery was (apart from a couple of brief mentions ) passed over, while a dead pop singer took over the boards for a fortnight......:thinking:

:wah:thats ok im not mad either! i could see you were chuffed off, and thats ok ,, why not be chuffed off,,, its good to be passionate about somthing:D believe me i was demented with the MJ threads as well, i even went and asked if they could be merged :sneaky::yh_rotflshhhh:lips: sadly thats the type of things people seem to find important now ,, also soem peeps just like to chat,,dont sweat it :D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

40 years ago..

Post by Oscar Namechange »

dubs;1219765 wrote: What the hell is going on here????? I wasn't getting mad, I was just disgusted that a monumental piece of recent history was just sliding past.........Kaz, I was a bit chuffed off I admit, because a magnificent achievement of technical skill and bravery was (apart from a couple of brief mentions ) passed over, while a dead pop singer took over the boards for a fortnight......:thinking:
I agree with you your Dubness that it was a monumental time in history that should have been covered here and more in the media in my opinion.

I think the thing with the dead popstar is simply that he was globally famous at the age of eight. He wasn't a one-hit wonder, he continued in his genious and for 40 years, the world watched him grow up. 40 years is a long time when some-one dominates news headlines for their life-time. The moon landing was a one off 40 years ago but as i said, i do believe it should have had more coverage to remember it.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
dubs

40 years ago..

Post by dubs »

oscar;1219766 wrote: Did you watch the doc on a few nights ago? The images of our planet from their view point on the moon made me realise just how insignificant we all are. :thinking:

I've watched a lot of the docos shown recently...I was 13 at the time, I remember the excitement of it all....Watching on tv took me right back as if it was yesterday..

along-for-the-ride

40 years ago..

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Then and now..............

Apollo Landing Sites Spotted by Lunar Orbiter

Easy now, dubs. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
fuzzywuzzy

40 years ago..

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

dubsy wubsy I see where you're coming from I also expected a thread :D but Of course only so I could say "it didn't happen" I've done my job and have moved on now:D

Avoiding white /black man threads like the plague.:D
Odie

40 years ago..

Post by Odie »

dubs;1219744 wrote: I think it's you who's not understanding. With me being 5/6/7..whatever, hours ahead of you timewise. When I logged off THAT day, I thought that with a big chunk of THAT day still available to peeps on your side of the atlantic, someone would post a thread about it and I'd log on and contribute to it...No-one did! Hence I EASILY posted one a day late!!!!! My mistake was not making the title..Approximately 40 years ago...Better late than never I thought! So instead of being a recognition of the momentous achievments of the US and NASA. The thread became one where I was an arse for getting the day wrong.....Meh!

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

your 6 hours ahead of me!

as said.........you had the chance to post it.

meh!
dubs

40 years ago..

Post by dubs »

Odie;1219837 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

your 6 hours ahead of me!

as said.........you had the chance to post it.

meh!

Womens logic!........I think that's an oxymoron.......Ha! :wah::wah:

Return to “Science Technology Videos”