Jon Kate plus 8

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

Jon Kate plus 8

Post by cars »

Before Jon and Kate ended their marriage on their TV show, 'Jon & Kate Plus 8,' the series made Kate look like the bad guy, always yelling at Jon for minor things, even including breathing too loudly.

And in fact, readers agreed with that sentiment. At the time they announced their divorce on June 22, 62 percent of over 102K readers said they sided with Jon. Now, after him showing off his new girlfriend, the public opinion (58%, so far) has shifted towards Kate! (But after all, they are now divorced! So does that make a diffenence?)

So which side are you on, do you even have a side? Or you couldn't care less?
Cars :)
flopstock

Jon Kate plus 8

Post by flopstock »

You can only feel bad for someone if they are putting up with something. he isn't anymore - so he doesn't invite our sympathy. In fact, he's pulling all the stupid, typical stunts that guys do after a breakup that make you start wondering why he wasn't buried in the back yard long ago.:p

I don't feel sorry for either of them, actually. The whole renewing vows last year, was just a free trip opportunity to Hawaii. Any woman who is as total a bitch as she was to him on camera, could only have been worse off camera. But I knew when he asked about her 'removing the stick' that it wasn't what it appeared, it couldn't be.

That house was the end of them. Now she'll do her bikini shots to show off the doctors work while Jon is working the doctors daughter..
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

cars

Jon Kate plus 8

Post by cars »

In the beginning I guess I was one of those on Jon's side. But now, after seeing all the stuff he's pulling, (really no good reason to do it in the public's eye) he just seems to making a fool of himself! And he doesn't seem to care! Can he really be that stupid, he is just so uncouth!
Victoria

Jon Kate plus 8

Post by Victoria »

I have heard about this 'show' Ive never watched it I really couldnt care less and think anyone who wants to parade their family on Tv like a circus attraction is sick in the head. What is missing in thier lives that they feel the need to do this?

To be honest what is wrong with the lives of the viewers or should I say voyuers because thats what it is voyuerism, that they feel the need to be so wrapped up in the lives of strangers or is it just the high tech equvilent of listening at keyholes?
chonsigirl

Jon Kate plus 8

Post by chonsigirl »

Who cares about Jon and Kate, it is what is best for all those kids that counts.
cars

Jon Kate plus 8

Post by cars »

Victoria;1219221 wrote: I have heard about this 'show' Ive never watched it I really couldnt care less and think anyone who wants to parade their family on Tv like a circus attraction is sick in the head. What is missing in thier lives that they feel the need to do this?

To be honest what is wrong with the lives of the viewers or should I say voyuers because thats what it is voyuerism, that they feel the need to be so wrapped up in the lives of strangers or is it just the high tech equvilent of listening at keyholes?
Nothing now, they're "both" multi-millionaires because of the show! For the record, I've seen the show 2 maybe 3 times, and after that it's all old hat!

(It's the kidlets that will eventually most likely suffer now)
along-for-the-ride

Jon Kate plus 8

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I'm on the kid's side. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
flopstock

Jon Kate plus 8

Post by flopstock »

Oh, I'm not embarrassed to have watched it. It was great fun in the beginning watching these two struggle through the unexpected growth in the family.

But it didn't take long to realize that something was a little off. I mean seriously, you never see their parents or hear references to them by the kids. and good lord, when she wasn't yelling at him she was smacking him.

We quit watching it though, when the nutjob older girl started losing control all the time.

The last year or so was just one freebie episode after the next and had nothing to do with a young couple struggling to raise their large family. Tummy tucks, hair transplants, mountain chalets, country estates, nannies, trips to newyork, hawaii, utah, every amusement park known to man.. yikes.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

mikeinie

Jon Kate plus 8

Post by mikeinie »

Couldn’t care less. Never even heard of the show until I was over there and my sister-law was really into it. I watched a couple of shows (because she was watching it) and though that particularly Kate was totally self absorbed, and the show should be called Jon & Kate, the kids don’t even come into it, they are just her way of getting on TV and becoming rich.

Just another sick reality TV show.
qsducks

Jon Kate plus 8

Post by qsducks »

flopstock;1219313 wrote: Oh, I'm not embarrassed to have watched it. It was great fun in the beginning watching these two struggle through the unexpected growth in the family.

But it didn't take long to realize that something was a little off. I mean seriously, you never see their parents or hear references to them by the kids. and good lord, when she wasn't yelling at him she was smacking him.

We quit watching it though, when the nutjob older girl started losing control all the time.

The last year or so was just one freebie episode after the next and had nothing to do with a young couple struggling to raise their large family. Tummy tucks, hair transplants, mountain chalets, country estates, nannies, trips to newyork, hawaii, utah, every amusement park known to man.. yikes.

I agree with you...watched it for about a year and then got bored with Kate bashing Jon all the time. He is a wimp and now he's disgusting and she's not any better than he is. Yes, I was disturbed that you never heard about the grandparents on either side...who knows, maybe they didn't want to be on camera.

I also find the kids to be whiny and the older girl Maddie is a control freak just like her mother:rolleyes:. They will all wind up in counseling if Kate goes on with the show. They should end this farce.

Return to “General Chit Chat”