baby bird needs help---CANCEL.. BIRDY IS OKAY....

Come here to get informal advice on your pet's health, behavior issues, diet, and more.
Odie

Post by Odie »

I have what looks like a baby bird sitting on top of my arbor.....he cannot fly, he cannot move......the mother keeps screaming for him in the tree.

now he is out there in a severe downpour of rain.

should I leave him there or take him down and rest him in some bushes?

seems the mother can't fly down and get him.

________________________________________________________________________________---

CANCEL THIS.

JUST WENT UP TO HIM AND HE FLEW AWAY...

WEIRD AS HE HAS BEEN SITING THERE FOR OVER AN HOUR.

I THINK HE JUST NEEDED A NUDGE TO LEARN HOW TO FLY.:-4
Life is just to short for drama.
abbey

Post by abbey »

Bless :-4
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

Odie;1211142 wrote: I have what looks like a baby bird sitting on top of my arbor.....he cannot fly, he cannot move......the mother keeps screaming for him in the tree.

________________________________________________________________________________---

CANCEL THIS.

you are spozed to charm the birds out of the trees not scare them up them :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Mum won't help him to learn to fly. He's got the huff with Mum for not helping him.

Generally, it's best not to touch them. Once they get the smell of a human scent over them, they are killed or, at best, left to fend entirely for themselves.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Odie;1211142 wrote: I have what looks like a baby bird sitting on top of my arbor.....he cannot fly, he cannot move......the mother keeps screaming for him in the tree.

CANCEL THIS.

HE must have been able to fly at one time Odie. How ever did he get up there to start with if he didn't? I know, they look so helpless. Maybe Mom was giving him a pep talk. :D
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1211188 wrote: Mum won't help him to learn to fly. He's got the huff with Mum for not helping him.

Generally, it's best not to touch them. Once they get the smell of a human scent over them, they are killed or, at best, left to fend entirely for themselves.

I honestly think that is what is was......the little guy just wouldn't fly, he was there well over an hour and you could hear the mother screaming in the tree, when I went up to him, he finally flew off, not far, but he flew off.

but he stood there during a severe downpour and wouldn't move, poor baby.

thank god I never touched him, I knew not to, but just couldn't figure out what was wrong with him.

he was soooooooo cute and sooooo small!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Sunshine;1211223 wrote: HE must have been able to fly at one time Odie. How ever did he get up there to start with if he didn't? I know, they look so helpless. Maybe Mom was giving him a pep talk. :D

not sure how he got there, he may have fallen on the arbor from the tree, that is what I first thought.

felt so good to see him fly off.:-4

mom was telling him, fly, fly, you can do this!!:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1211263 wrote: I honestly think that is what is was......the little guy just wouldn't fly, he was there well over an hour and you could hear the mother screaming in the tree, when I went up to him, he finally flew off, not far, but he flew off.

but he stood there during a severe downpour and wouldn't move, poor baby.

thank god I never touched him, I knew not to, but just couldn't figure out what was wrong with him.

he was soooooooo cute and sooooo small!

I can imagine the poor guy's thoughts. "My God, that was scary. Did my wings work or did I just fall down? Shaddup Mum, you're not helping me here.

"What's that monster coming towards me. OMG! It's going to eat me!!! Gotta fly."

:D
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1211352 wrote: I can imagine the poor guy's thoughts. "My God, that was scary. Did my wings work or did I just fall down? Shaddup Mum, you're not helping me here.

"What's that monster coming towards me. OMG! It's going to eat me!!! Gotta fly."

:D

its 4:20 am here.

what monster?:sneaky:

Return to “Pet Advice Support”