36 hours to Find New Laptop

Fyrenza

Post by Fyrenza »

i need to find a decent laptop, from a reputable source, for under $600(usd).

i prefer refurbished,

it must have an Intel Dual Core or Core 2 processor (2.4GHz, 54k rpm),

and if i must have Vista, i want the Premium.

Any suggestions and/or links?

Thanx!!!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Fyrenza;1205387 wrote: i need to find a decent laptop, from a reputable source, for under $600(usd).

i prefer refurbished,

it must have an Intel Dual Core or Core 2 processor (2400, 54krpm),

and if i must have Vista, i want the Premium.

Any suggestions and/or links?

Thanx!!!

Windows was discontinued a few years ago, so your stuck with Vista.

I love Vista now, much easier!:guitarist

the only laptop in your price range is Acer as far as I know and that is a brand new.

click on this link:

Home
Life is just to short for drama.
G-man

Post by G-man »

I just got an email from Dell offering that for a brand new system... check 'em out! Hurry! :driving:

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Have you tried DELL.COM they have some great deals on Laptop right now and some come with the option of Vista or Window XP.

They have a Inspiron 15's for $449 and $549 power packed Dual core, 15.6 in display 3gig of ram, dvd burner, 320 gigabyte hard drive, intel graphic card, soundblaster high def audio, wireless nice laptop for the price. Can be either Vista or XP installed your choice, color is black.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Fyrenza

Post by Fyrenza »

i did the Dell thing, but didn't really find anything i liked... :(

Then, i went to WalMart, and found 3 that might be suitable, but which are not customizable.

THEN, i went to Toshiba and found this:

Satellite L300-ST2501 Laptop - Toshiba

After adding some free upgrades, i added a MAJOR upgrade for the processor, to the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P8600 (2.40GHz, 3MB L2, 1066MHz FSB).

That brings the price up, significantly, but tbh, i can't find that processor any cheaper, so.

Guess we're about to find out how much i'm "worth" to someone... :yh_rotfl

Oh, wow!

And THANK Y'ALL for the help!!! ;)
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Great choice Toshiba laptops are usually very good.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Fyrenza;1205422 wrote: i did the Dell thing, but didn't really find anything i liked... :(

Then, i went to WalMart, and found 3 that might be suitable, but which are not customizable.

After adding some free upgrades, i added a MAJOR upgrade for the processor, to the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P8600 (2.40GHz, 3MB L2, 1066MHz FSB).

That brings the price up, significantly, but tbh, i can't find that processor any cheaper, so.

Oh, wow!

And THANK Y'ALL for the help!!! ;) I'm so sorry but i can't help here. All i know about my laptop is that it's a very nice shiny black one that has a stick thingy i shove in it for when i travel.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

Fyrenza;1205422 wrote: i did the Dell thing, but didn't really find anything i liked... :(

Oh, wow!

great choice and its brand new!:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
G-man

Post by G-man »

Oh, wow!

I love how folks set forth all of these stipulations and then TOTALLY disregard everything that they asked for, originally! :rolleyes: So tell us, just how significantly did you end up going over budget? :wah:

oscar;1206134 wrote: I'm so sorry but i can't help here. All i know about my laptop is that it's a very nice shiny black one that has a stick thingy i shove in it for when i travel.

Ooo...kaaay, there's a time and place for everything, Oscar, but... SERIOUSLY, this is neither the time nor the place to describe your kinky sex life that you have with your laptop when you're abroad. :yh_rotfl

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Fyrenza

Post by Fyrenza »

G-man;1206227 wrote:

I love how folks set forth all of these stipulations and then TOTALLY disregard everything that they asked for, originally! :rolleyes: So tell us, just how significantly did you end up going over budget? :wah:

Yeah, i forgot that you can't actually build the computer specs, yourself, so i had to go with the closest i could find! :p

Actually, if i take it "as is" or add the 2.0GHz Duo, i'm under: $585.65.

With the 2.4GHz, i'm $176.90 over ~ $776.90.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Robert has lost 3 hard drives in 11 months. He cannot have a conputer ever ever again - he had a laptop. If he downloads another virus on the laptop - he does not get another computer. He has lost 3 computers to this date duye to download viruses. No more computer for Robert.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Fyrenza

Post by Fyrenza »

nvalleyvee;1206336 wrote: Robert has lost 3 hard drives in 11 months. He cannot have a conputer ever ever again - he had a laptop. If he downloads another virus on the laptop - he does not get another computer. He has lost 3 computers to this date duye to download viruses. No more computer for Robert.

'Cuz of the wi-fi stuff? There should be a way to turn it off if you don't need it, right?

Don't the anti-virus progs work?

Return to “Computers Internet”