Puppy flushed down toilet

Discussions about your pets!
Odie

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1204868 wrote: it must have been a 'Shihtzu'

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

it was a cocker spaniel, didn't you see him stuck in the drain?

poor wee thing, thank god for the rescue team!:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

oscar;1205122 wrote: Is it not this that was the whole point of Victoria's earlier post? The general opinion was 'oh it's only a puppy but it survived.... so what'. The whole purpose of my post that you have quoted is to show just how obnoxious the 'don't care less' attitude is when it comes to animals but outrage should some-one suggest similar for a child.

............This is a ridiculous statement.

I just came into this thread and started reading and must have missed the general opinion you use to justify your post . Most of what I was reading regarded the unsupervised child and puppy. The general consensus appeared to be that neither the child nor the young pup should have been left alone for long enough for this to have happened and that everyone was happy that the pup appears to be doing well.

Hypocritical only reared its ugly head with your post.:rolleyes:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

It was an interesting story. I am happy the puppy survived. I am sure the little boy was talked to and had the errors of his ways explained to him.

The Mum was smart and had enough wits about her to call the right people to help the pup. I am sure this sort of thing won't happen again.

I have a deep respect for all forms of life with a few exceptions. No bugs in my house and if a mosquito is making me its meal, I off him. Biting flys get the same treatment. Fleas and ticks go bye bye as well. Spiders in the house...flattened and gone..outside I leave them alone. They do have a job to do.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

flopstock;1205136 wrote: This is a ridiculous statement.

I just came into this thread and started reading and must have missed the general opinion you use to justify your post . Most of what I was reading regarded the unsupervised child and puppy. The general consensus appeared to be that neither the child nor the young pup should have been left alone for long enough for this to have happened and that everyone was happy that the pup appears to be doing well.

Hypocritical only reared its ugly head with your post.:rolleyes:
On the contrary...... i believe a post that states '***** happens' by my good friend fuzzy is exactly what spurred Victoria's following post and my view that some posts are hypocritical. Would you be saying 'shyte happens' should the child drunk cleaning fluid and died within the time he was un-attended?....... No, i doubt you would.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Victoria;1204113 wrote: Ahh so not funny then? Well why is it funny when applied to a one week old puppy?

Would it still be funny when applied to a one week old child?

My point is you find it funny... you said so.

When the roles are reversed suddenly you dont find it funny...

I was making a point. Your response proves my point, you dont mind it when its a dog but wouldnt want the same treatment yourself.

Word beginning with . H Flopstock........ this is the post that Victoria felt she had to write in reply to some of the attitudes. From what i can see, Victoria is pointing out the same hypocricy that i was, yet you say you read all the posts and failed to see it?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

oscar;1205122 wrote: I would not dream of putting a child's head down the toilet but my post got the hypocritical recation i expected.

You say lots of things, and many of them I suspect you truly mean, despite your subsequent prevarication, denial, and wriggling.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

oscar;1205122 wrote: Had he not of been flushing a small puppy down the toilet un-supervised, he may have been drinking cleaning fluid un-supervised..... then you would be shouting to have the child removed from the parents.

Don't be silly. Are you that dense?
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

flopstock;1205136 wrote: Most of what I was reading regarded the unsupervised child and puppy. The general consensus appeared to be that neither the child nor the young pup should have been left alone for long enough for this to have happened and that everyone was happy that the pup appears to be doing well.

I agree with this post (the entire post, that is).
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

oscar;1205166 wrote: On the contrary...... i believe a post that states '***** happens' by my good friend fuzzy is exactly what spurred Victoria's following post and my view that some posts are hypocritical. Would you be saying 'shyte happens' should the child drunk cleaning fluid and died within the time he was un-attended?....... No, i doubt you would.

Trying to hide in a crowds now are you?

I think if you check back, other then Bills comment, everyones take was pretty united in concern about pup and child until this..

Shame it wasn't a puff adder or a black widow spider.

BTW, you can doubt whatever want.........:rolleyes:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/1195148-post17.html
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Victoria

Post by Victoria »

I was going to post something this morning I had seen in the news, but its about animal welfare so I wont bother.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Victoria;1205426 wrote: I was going to post something this morning I had seen in the news, but its about animal welfare so I wont bother.

why not? theres always going to be some people who disagree,, people who dont see things the way you do or are as passionate... they will no doubt have to say something about it ,,, so what?... it shouldnt stop you from having your own view,, :thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

flopstock;1205345 wrote: I think if you check back, other then Bills comment, everyones take was pretty united in concern about pup and child until this.

Which comment? At no time have I said that I don't care about what happened to either, unless I'm missing something. Am I?
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Victoria;1205426 wrote: I was going to post something this morning I had seen in the news, but its about animal welfare so I wont bother.

That will teach them, now won't it?:rolleyes:

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Bill Sikes;1205557 wrote: Which comment? At no time have I said that I don't care about what happened to either, unless I'm missing something. Am I?

No dear, but yours had the audacity to dare to imply that folks should factor in the culprits age before slow roasting it.:p

Oscar Namechange

flopstock;1205574 wrote: No dear, but yours had the audacity to dare to imply that folks should factor in the culprits age before slow roasting it.:p You really are not reading posts are you? If you had, you would have seen that i posted that i would not dream of putting a childs head down the toilet. You would also have picked on the fact that i was equally annoyed with the parents for leaving the child un-attended even for a brief period when he could have harmed himself. No, i am not hiding in crowds. If agreeing with one other poster is hiding in crowds, then what is the point of a forum? That member wanted to put on another thread today and felt she should not. Is that fair?
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

kazalala;1205535 wrote: why not? theres always going to be some people who disagree,, people who dont see things the way you do or are as passionate... they will no doubt have to say something about it ,,, so what?... it shouldnt stop you from having your own view,, :thinking:

Thx

Its not that people disagree thats normal its the way certain comments get taken out of context or twisted.

As for having my own view always have had always will, however I started to let my guard down and share..Silly me..

A discussion ..yes thats what forums are for but belittleing a persons opinion? :-5

Ill stick to lurking and maybe posting a bit of the stupid fluffy stuff.

That way there can be no offense taken on either side.
Oscar Namechange

Victoria;1205682 wrote: Thx

Its not that people disagree thats normal its the way certain comments get taken out of context or twisted.

As for having my own view always have had always will, however I started to let my guard down and share..Silly me..

A discussion ..yes thats what forums are for but belittleing a persons opinion? :-5

It will be a sad day if honest posters like yourself resorted to merely lurking. You carry on girl !!!! :D
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

hmm.. its up to you of course how you deal with things,, we all deal with stuff in our own different ways:thinking:

I would say stand up and have your opinion and just ignore those that you think try to belittle your opinions. Just carry on regardless:thinking: but like i said ,, its up to you of course.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

Post by Odie »

I tend at times now not to post my views as some of my posts and threads have been belittled, mocked, or taken totally out of content

and the subject completely changed.:rolleyes:

To disagree/agree is different, as we all have different views and that's what makes its so interesting.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

oscar;1203631 wrote: I saw this yesterday also Victoria and being an old cynical git, the same questions you asked immediately sprung to my mind.

I think the little shyte deliberately flushed the puppy down the tiolet.

oscar;1203867 wrote: Shame it wasn't a puff adder or a black widow spider.

oscar;1204513 wrote: And that's exactly why a long standing poster and advocate of animal rights, rarely posts here any more.

I have to admit that the kid is quite cute.......... he'd be a lot cuter after i'd rammed his head down the toilet and flushed until he couldn't breathe.

oscar;1204586 wrote: There is a world of difference between controlled argriculture and the humane slaughtering of animals for food. After all, most specie's feed off anither specie's.

This story is about one of two things. 1) The child was being a little shyte when he flushed the puppy deliberately or two, the owners are not responsible enough to breed puppies as the pups should never be removed from a basket and their mother at least until they are capable of walking themselves, should not be in a garden open to infection and be supervised by a responsible adult at all times when small children are in contact with them.

oscar;1204599 wrote: I don't try to get out of anything Bill...... if i'm wrong, i will admit i'm wrong as you know when i put the thread on for you about photographing in the street. All species have to survive by eating other species. If you think it's a weak get out.... so be it.

I just happen to be cynical on this story. Anyone who proffesses to be an animal lover and in a position to breed puppy's would know that a garden is the last place you put them. You certainly don't leave a small child in a position to abuse a tiny pup un-noticed. Shame it wasn't one of my dogs pups he tried taking...... she would have torn his hand off.

Sorry Oscar but its posts like these that have stopped me posting here lately.

Check your own back yard before slinging mud at other people...Always the cynic but you have plenty of stuff you have shared here with us thats been way way worse than this 4 YEAR OLD BABY's MISTAKE!!!

Anyone who wishes harm upon an innocent child should be ashamed of themselves, the blame lies with the parents...END OF!

By all means post these stories and have your say but to wish harm upon a 4yr old would make me think your sick in the head!
Oscar Namechange

Chezzie;1206077 wrote: Sorry Oscar but its posts like these that have stopped me posting here lately.

Check your own back yard before slinging mud at other people...Always the cynic but you have plenty of stuff you have shared here with us thats been way way worse than this 4 YEAR OLD BABY's MISTAKE!!!

Anyone who wishes harm upon an innocent child should be ashamed of themselves, the blame lies with the parents...END OF!

By all means post these stories and have your say but to wish harm upon a 4yr old would make me think your sick in the head! Then again Chezzie..... you have not read the posts. If you had, you would see that i posted that i had said the comments about the child to prove the point of why Victoria was feeling it pointless to post threads on animal cruelty. The reaction to the puppy by one poster was 'Shyte happens' but when you write anything such as 'shame it wasn't a puff adder', most are up in arms. To me that is double standards. As i also said to Bill very early on, it is down to what some consider to be more important on this earth, animals or children. As it happens, i don't believe that because the human race is more advanced, that we have any more right to be treated with respect than anything else born on this earth and it is equally upsetting to some people to see such lack of caring for an animal and yet they jump vigorousley should you suggest the same fate for the child. All people are different in this world Chezz..... what may be priority to some may not be priority to others. That's the purpose of a forum is it not?..... to attract members with oppossing interests and beliefs to raise debate. How very boring, if we were all the same? When a member feels it is a waste of time posting new threads on a subject very dear to her heart...... it is not a debate of oppossing views any more.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

So could I ask a question ? me being on the other side of the world and all that ?

could I ask why this thread has so many posts? so this kid flushes a dog accidently down a toilet .....it's rescued all is good. for everything going on in the world is it really so important? I don't even know the suburb it happened in . it's over. It was, laughable, concerning, and a little trivial . for those who feel for animal rights, get off your butts, and actually travel, become a zoologist and do something ,,,,,,,,,,,don't sit there and say ....."oh this is so bad, I have a pet, i'm an animal lover"..... from the comfort of my own four walls. ......get out there and put some animals down !!! god dam it get a clue will you!!!!

Hey i just required a duck today , a nice indian runner ...................I'll think of you all when i'm gutting it. ......sorry i'm supposed to feel guilty arn't I ? i"m only offended that I didn't aquire an applegate,,, fat little things they are.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

oscar;1206082 wrote: Then again Chezzie..... you have not read the posts. If you had, you would see that i posted that i had said the comments about the child to prove the point of why Victoria was feeling it pointless to post threads on animal cruelty. The reaction to the puppy by one poster was 'Shyte happens' but when you write anything such as 'shame it wasn't a puff adder', most are up in arms. To me that is double standards. As i also said to Bill very early on, it is down to what some consider to be more important on this earth, animals or children. As it happens, i don't believe that because the human race is more advanced, that we have any more right to be treated with respect than anything else born on this earth and it is equally upsetting to some people to see such lack of caring for an animal and yet they jump vigorousley should you suggest the same fate for the child. All people are different in this world Chezz..... what may be priority to some may not be priority to others. That's the purpose of a forum is it not?..... to attract members with oppossing interests and beliefs to raise debate. How very boring, if we were all the same? When a member feels it is a waste of time posting new threads on a subject very dear to her heart...... it is not a debate of oppossing views any more.

Of course I read it, and thats how I quoted you. May I suggest you refrain from saying stuff for a reaction and just post how you really feel????

Your disgust should of been aimed at the parents and not the child END OF!

Unless the child is old enough to know better and at 4 years old I dont think he was, he was trying to wash it in a toilet for gods sake, he wasn't trying to MURDER it!!!!

Yes threads like this always get different reactions and that's good but to cite harm upon a baby is gross even if you only said it to provoke people...

Come back here in 4 years when your nephews baby is 4 years and tell me he has the maturity to understand that what he did was wrong!!

Oh and most of the members here are animal lovers Oscar and wouldnt wish ANY animal to come to harm.
cars

Post by cars »

Similar to what fuzzy said, I can't believe this thread is still going on!

All's well that ended well, just let it go & move on!
Cars :)
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I agree with you Chezzie. I also believe that most members in FG love and care about their animals and children. It's our duty, IMO, to protect ALL of our animals and children.

FG should not only be used for debates but also for discussion and chitchat, although we've been told that we should chitchat in pm's, not on open boards:wah::thinking:

I just get so tired of trying to express my opinions in Religious and Political threads as we have to prove every word we say. I've also been told that opinions don't count....only hard facts count. No wonder many members don't go into those threads.
Oscar Namechange

cars;1206095 wrote: I can't believe this thread is still going on!

Well said Cars.
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen;1206097 wrote: I agree with you Chezzie. I also believe that most members in FG love and care about their animals and children. It's our duty, IMO, to protect ALL of our animals and children.

FG should not only be used for debates but also for discussion and chitchat, although we've been told that we should chitchat in pm's, not on open boards:wah::thinking:

I just get so tired of trying to express my opinions in Religious and Political threads as we have to prove every word we say. I've also been told that opinions don't count....only hard facts count. No wonder many members don't go into those threads. I agree Kathy. I was equally disturbed about the child being unattended long enough to go into the bathroom alone. He could have got into all sorts of problems in there with razors and chemicals.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

cars;1206095 wrote: Similar to what fuzzy said, I can't believe this thread is still going on!

oscar;1206099 wrote: Well said Cars.

So because I haven't been on FG and commented on this earlier i,m now not supposed to have my say???

I think not! Just because you have finished, doesn't mean others cant have their say...
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

oscar;1206100 wrote: I agree Kathy. I was equally disturbed about the child being unattended long enough to go into the bathroom alone. He could have got into all sorts of problems in there with razors and chemicals.

Thank you Oscar.......I've learned that you can never take your eyes away from young pets and children without knowing what mischief they'll get into. I teach 9 year old who will do the wackiest, most dangerous things if you're not monitoring them every minute. We assume that our pets and children know better as we've taught them well:rolleyes: As the saying goes..."Don't assume...as you'll only make an..ass..of..u..and me...":wah:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Kathy Ellen;1206097 wrote: I agree with you Chezzie. I also believe that most members in FG love and care about their animals and children. It's our duty, IMO, to protect ALL of our animals and children.

I just get so tired of trying to express my opinions in Religious and Political threads as we have to prove every word we say. I've also been told that opinions don't count....only hard facts count. No wonder many members don't go into those threads.

yes of course this place is not just for debates,, it would be called a debating forum then ,, not forum garden,, conversations of life:)

Now who told you to prove everthing you say?? if you have an opnion and want to air it then do it Kathy,,, if someone demands you prove what you say , tell them you dont have to so ner ner ner,, ;) Opinions dont count to who? the poeple who have the problem if you ask me kathy,,,, their problem not yours,:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

kazalala;1206107 wrote: yes of course this place is not just for debates,, it would be called a debating forum then ,, not forum garden,, conversations of life:)

Now who told you to prove everthing you say?? if you have an opnion and want to air it then do it Kathy,,, if someone demands you prove what you say , tell them you dont have to so ner ner ner,, ;) Opinions dont count to who? the poeple who have the problem if you ask me kathy,,,, their problem not yours,:D

I agree with you 100% Kaz:-6,

Unfortunately when you express your opinion you tend to be ignored or asked to post links to facts by quite a few members. That to me is a debate not a discussion.

I do believe that more members would enter into certain threads if they could express themselves without proving every thought that they have. It's fine to disagree...I have no problems with that...just don't like to prove everything.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Kathy Ellen;1206110 wrote: I agree with you 100% Kaz:-6,

Unfortunately when you express your opinion you tend to be ignored or asked to post links to facts by quite a few members. That to me is a debate not a discussion.

I do believe that more members would enter into certain threads if they could express themselves without proving every thought that they have. It's fine to disagree...I have no problems with that...just don't like to prove everything.

well i give my opinion if i feel i want to ,,, at times i have found links to support what im saying if I felt it was neede,, NOT because i am asked to ,, as for ignoring well theres nothing we can do about that:wah:people are entitled to comment or not,, up to them:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

Post by Odie »

82 posts and 820 views?:rolleyes:

The ones here who are parents know just how hard it is to constantly know what your child is doing 24/7......its just impossible, and I don't give a dam if you want to argue this with me or not.

Some of you have never been parents, so don't say parents should know better, because you have no rights not knowing what its like being a parent!:mad:

My son at age 3 MONTHS, was on a change table, I ran to the bathroom to rinse off a faceless....he tumbled onto the floor.:-5:-5

I ran so fast and took him to the emergency room, thank god he was alight!:-4

You have NO IDEA idea what's its like unless YOU are a parent.

accidents happen, accept it and move on!;)
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

kazalala;1206107 wrote: yes of course this place is not just for debates,, it would be called a debating forum then ,, not forum garden,, conversations of life:)

Folks have to understand that if they feel they need to post links simply because someone else is demanding them, THEY need to take back control of their own posting and not worry about others demands or requests. That other person has the option of not responding to any post if they feel it needs documentation before they can do so.. I wonder if it's occured to anyone else that the 'link demand' works great as a tool to get you to stop posting on a subject so that they then take over the topic being duscussed. I say don't let them.

But folks also need to understand that disagreement isn't intended to automatically ridicule or belittle someone elses stand. It is as valid a point as yours is... to the person posting it.

This isn't where anyone should be posting thoughts they don't want folks to object to.. We have the journal area for that. If you don't want dissent, post your threads there and it is guaranteed to be ONLY YOUR viewpoint.

kazalala

Post by kazalala »

flopstock;1206202 wrote: Folks have to understand that if they feel they need to post links simply because someone else is demanding them, THEY need to take back control of their own posting and not worry about others demands or requests. That other person has the option of not responding to any post if they feel it needs documentation before they can do so.. I wonder if it's occured to anyone else that the 'link demand' works great as a tool to get you to stop posting on a subject so that they then take over the topic being duscussed. I say don't let them.

But folks also need to understand that disagreement isn't intended to automatically ridicule or belittle someone elses stand. It is as valid a point as yours is... to the person posting it.

This isn't where anyone should be posting thoughts they don't want folks to object to.. We have the journal area for that. If you don't want dissent, post your threads there and it is guaranteed to be ONLY YOUR viewpoint.

yep:wah:some people like to have control over how the discussion goes:thinking: but theres people like that all over,,, controlling:rolleyes: i just join in if i feel i want to say something ,, if i dont like the way the things are going after that i just leave ,, if someone dont agree with me ,, fair enough, if they ask me for links and i dont want to get links i just dont:-3they are not the boss of me:p:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

That's what I'm talking about you have the right attidude. ;)

[QUOTE]yepsome people like to have control over how the discussion goes but theres people like that all over,,, controlling i just join in if i feel i want to say something ,, if i dont like the way the things are going after that i just leave ,, if someone dont agree with me ,, fair enough, if they ask me for links and i dont want to get links i just dontthey are not the boss of me[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Carolly

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;1206203 wrote: yep:wah:some people like to have control over how the discussion goes:thinking: but theres people like that all over,,, controlling:rolleyes: i just join in if i feel i want to say something ,, if i dont like the way the things are going after that i just leave ,, if someone dont agree with me ,, fair enough, if they ask me for links and i dont want to get links i just dont:-3they are not the boss of me:p:DFab way of thinking Kaz and the best way;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1206210 wrote: Fab way of thinking Kaz and the best way;)

well yes i am indeed fab and thank you for agreeing :D;)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

CARLA;1206209 wrote: That's what I'm talking about you have the right attidude. ;)

I try carla i try :yh_rotfl sometimes i dont succeed:sneaky::yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”