Amber Alert-Texas

The AMBER Alert System began in 1996 when Dallas-Fort Worth broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to help find abducted children. AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnaped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and then brutally murdered. Other states and communities soon set up their own AMBER plans as the idea was adopted across the nation.
Peg

Amber Alert-Texas

Post by Peg »

AMBER Alert Issued for 1 Year Old Texas Girl

Posted: Thursday June 18, 2009 3:39 AM CT

The State of Texas issued the Amber Alert Thursday morning (6-18) after the girl was abducted from her father's home in Houston late Wednesday night (8-17). The suspects broke into the residence and assaulted the father. Both suspects have been charged with burglary with Intent to commit assault. Based on statements made by one of the suspects, police believe that they may be headed to Mexico with the child.

Francis Lizbeth Garcia a 1 year old Hispanic female, 2' 6", 27 pounds with brown eyes and brown hair.

There are two suspects in this case. Christian Ivan Urbina is an Hispanic male, 29 years old, 5' 6", 160 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Julia Alejandra Urbina is an Hispanic female, 19 years old, 5. 5", 180 pounds with blond hair and brown eyes.

The suspect vehicle is a gold or tan Chevy Tahoe with Texas tag number MDK180.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Houston Police Department at 713-308-3600 or dial 911.
spot

Amber Alert-Texas

Post by spot »

That's yet another domestic custody dispute. I really don't see that the Amber Alert requirement of immediate danger to the child is even remotely met by this.Police: 2 arrested in abduction of SE Houston toddler | Front page | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Authorities this morning arrested two people in connection with the abduction Wednesday night of a southeast Houston toddler, who was found safe. [...] The child’s mother, who had separated from the father and was not married to him, allegedly told him earlier in the day she was taking the child to Mexico. The mother, who has not been named, is not currently charged.It annoys me intensely that even though the issuing agency knows full well that domestic custody is involved they don't ever say so in the alert.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Peg

Amber Alert-Texas

Post by Peg »

I almost dreaded reading your reply Spot. I thought, "Nope. Not arguing with him about the same old thing again." :wah: I was pleasantly suprised to find I agree with you for once on this subject. Had they mentioned it was a parent, and the abducting parent wasn't felt that he would harm the child, I probably wouldn't have posted it. Usually the custodial ones, I don't post unless the aducting parent is said to have a history of psychological problems.
spot

Amber Alert-Texas

Post by spot »

Peg;1205021 wrote: Usually the custodial ones, I don't post unless the aducting parent is said to have a history of psychological problems.
I may be entirely mistaken - it's quite often the case that I am - but I don't recall ever having seen an Amber Alert which disclosed any domestic relationship. If you see one sometime I'd be interested to read it and revise my opinion.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Peg

Amber Alert-Texas

Post by Peg »

here
spot

Amber Alert-Texas

Post by spot »

Peg;1205033 wrote: here

They gave the name of the suspect and it happens to be the same name as the abductee. They seem deliberately to avoid saying they're related, which is my point. Even when it's that evident, they won't say so. I think it's policy and I think it makes for deliberately uninformative alerts.
Peg

Amber Alert-Texas

Post by Peg »

I'll definately pay attention to future alerts. You have me curious now.
Peg

Amber Alert-Texas

Post by Peg »

She was found safe. :D

Return to “Amber Alert Forum”