Even our war dead arn't sacred

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Sick! Thugs smash up war graves on the eve of D-Day | Mail Online

Bastards :-5
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Our National Cemetery in San Diego Fort Rosecrans is guarded. So sorry this happened I hope they catch the criminals that did this.

Attached files
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

The Arlington National Cemetary is also well guarded. It is a disgrace to vandalize just not cemetaries but also other things as well. I hope they throw the books at these little bastards.:-5
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

oscar;1199524 wrote: Sick! Thugs smash up war graves on the eve of D-Day | Mail Online

Bastards :-5

they need to send a few of those little feckers into battle...
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

not just war graves, but others too:-5:-5,, how can they have a total lack of disrespect is beyond me:mad:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

That is just awful!!!!! What are these kids thinking, or are they? What makes it so fun and exciting to do this sort of thing? :-5:-5:-5

I was always taught that a Cemetary was sacred ground. I thought that God would strike me dead if I ever went there for any other reason other than to visit a grave site. Never even crossed my mind to go into one and vandalize it. What is it with some kids these days?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Sunshine;1199588 wrote: That is just awful!!!!! What are these kids thinking, or are they? What makes it so fun and exciting to do this sort of thing? :-5:-5:-5

I was always taught that a Cemetary was sacred ground. I thought that God would strike me dead if I ever went there for any other reason other than to visit a grave site. Never even crossed my mind to go into one and vandalize it. What is it with some kids these days?

Sunshine, these savage little fatherless nothings get a 'buzz' from causing as much discomfort, fear, insults and horror to as many people as possible. They know that the worst that can happen to them is probably a police 'warning' and that is only if they get caught ! What the hell do they care for anybody's feelings? Oh it don't matter - 'they'll put another stone up to replace the one I smashed!' .... 'It's only a friggin stone ffs ! - what's the friggin beef?' They are incapable of seeing that the 'friggin' stone means a hellova lot more to the good people who have lost somebody in war than being just a gravestone. It is a symbol to mark that somebody has selflessly given their life for the sake of those very same idiots who have smashed those gravestones up! :-5 :mad:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Not to change the subject or anything. I know than many of the older graves have vertical headstones. Lately, where I live, the flat stone marker is used by most people possibly to deter vandals from defacing them. I mean really, folks who have lost a family member have enough on their minds already other than to have to think about the safety of the grave marker. I sure hope that when these kids grow up and have familys of their own, they teach their children some respect for others.
Oscar Namechange

G#Gill;1199605 wrote: Sunshine, these savage little fatherless nothings get a 'buzz' from causing as much discomfort, fear, insults and horror to as many people as possible. They know that the worst that can happen to them is probably a police 'warning' and that is only if they get caught ! What the hell do they care for anybody's feelings? Oh it don't matter - 'they'll put another stone up to replace the one I smashed!' .... 'It's only a friggin stone ffs ! - what's the friggin beef?' They are incapable of seeing that the 'friggin' stone means a hellova lot more to the good people who have lost somebody in war than being just a gravestone. It is a symbol to mark that somebody has selflessly given their life for the sake of those very same idiots who have smashed those gravestones up! :-5 :mad:
And should you catch them red handed and deal with the scum, you get arrested :-5
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1199651 wrote: And should you catch them red handed and deal with the scum, you get arrested :-5

I certainly would be ............... there would be this 'red mist' and I would beat the living $hit out of them (the only language they understand), I wouldn't just throw their bikes across the road - the yob would follow it very swiftly (having resisted my citizen's arrest first! Oops). Knowing that I would be arrested, I would make sure that it was going to be well worth it!................................. you know, I never used to be so violent in my thoughts..............I used to be soooo gentle ! I wonder what caused me to change so drastically..........................
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Sunshine;1199588 wrote: That is just awful!!!!! What are these kids thinking, or are they? What makes it so fun and exciting to do this sort of thing? :-5:-5:-5

I was taught the same thing Sunshine. Never ever go into a cemetary & deface the markers, etc. I find cemetary's to be very usefool learning tools myself...we have several tombstones in our local one where there is a whole section where the Civil War are buried. We were also taught & I've taught my children as well to just plain out do not vandalize anyone's property, etc. and if your caught, tough!

oscar;1199651 wrote: And should you catch them red handed and deal with the scum, you get arrested :-5

I was thinking of you and your reaction to this thread...Oscar will hang them up by thier gonads...the little pissers:-5
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

G#Gill;1199661 wrote: I certainly would be ............... there would be this 'red mist' and I would beat the living $hit out of them (the only language they understand), I wouldn't just throw their bikes across the road - the yob would follow it very swiftly (having resisted my citizen's arrest first! Oops). Knowing that I would be arrested, I would make sure that it was going to be well worth it!................................. you know, I never used to be so violent in my thoughts..............I used to be soooo gentle ! I wonder what caused me to change so drastically..........................

Just wear a costume of the Grim Reaper and appear from behind a large stone. That should set them a runnin. Have some scary music or sound affects to go with it.

Oscar Namechange

G#Gill;1199661 wrote: I certainly would be ............... there would be this 'red mist' and I would beat the living $hit out of them (the only language they understand), I wouldn't just throw their bikes across the road - the yob would follow it very swiftly (having resisted my citizen's arrest first! Oops). Knowing that I would be arrested, I would make sure that it was going to be well worth it!................................. you know, I never used to be so violent in my thoughts..............I used to be soooo gentle ! I wonder what caused me to change so drastically..........................
Do you know Gill....... I've had so many people stop me in the street this year and asked me if i've seen how beautiful the war memorial is. It's the first time in years that all the beds are in bloom and it's clean. Some-times it's worth getting arrested :wah:

Return to “England”