Phobias?

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
sleepingbeauty

Phobias?

Post by sleepingbeauty »

Chrometophobia or Chrematophobia- Fear of money. (Really, I wonder who has that?)

But mines is yucky nasty crawling bugs..like the ones you cut their leg off and it grows right back! makes me want to hide and close my eyes til it goes away!
jones jones

Phobias?

Post by jones jones »

apart from vertigo which is very common ... i suffer from another rather odd

phobia ....

well its not odd or weird to me but it is to other people i mention it to ...

you know when you've used a bar of soap to wash your hands and you put it

down again next to the basin and then it gets like all sticky and gooey?

well i cannot pick up a bar or any piece of soap that feels like that ... i just cannot

stand the feel of it! if i am forced to pick up soap that feels like that i use a cloth

or a tissue!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Hope6

Phobias?

Post by Hope6 »

I don't know what kind of phobias they would be called if any but i have a hand washing obsession i wash my hands all day long. i can't keep a towel on the towel rack in the bathroom after i use it one time, it has to go in the hamper and i get a new one, the same goes for towels in the kitchen. and i can't wear the same clothes for a whole day, i change my clothes sometimes 2 or 3 times a day!
qsducks

Phobias?

Post by qsducks »

I know what your talking about Jj especially if my hubby get's in the shower first and there is hair on the soap, gross. Rather use bodywash instead:wah:,

Not keen on heights either.
jones jones

Phobias?

Post by jones jones »

:wah:qsducks;845138 wrote: I know what your talking about Jj especially if my hubby get's in the shower first and there is hair on the soap, gross. Rather use bodywash instead:wah:,

Not keen on heights either.

hey then you and i got the same phobias ducky!

i don't use like a bar of soap anymore ... only liquid shower soap ... the kind you squirt onto a sponge?

two years ago i went up the empire state building! couldn't go anywhere near the windows ... i get dizzy if i stand on a newspaper! :-1
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
qsducks

Phobias?

Post by qsducks »

Now, we are gonna get along just fine:D, loved your jokes today.:wah:
jones jones

Phobias?

Post by jones jones »

qsducks;845148 wrote: Now, we are gonna get along just fine:D, loved your jokes today.:wah:

the jokes are done with the best of intentions cos i KNOW that some women don't appreciate sexiest stuff!
qsducks

Phobias?

Post by qsducks »

Didn't seem sexist to me, just funny. Also, have a fear of bugs. Not ants or bees, but those disgusting waterbugs. Shiver is going up my spine at the moment.:lips:
jones jones

Phobias?

Post by jones jones »

qsducks;845166 wrote: Didn't seem sexist to me, just funny. Also, have a fear of bugs. Not ants or bees, but those disgusting waterbugs. Shiver is going up my spine at the moment.:lips:

not too fond of bugs myself but hesitate to crush them underfoot as it goes against my buddhist beliefs ... prefer to just avoid them!
wildhorses

Phobias?

Post by wildhorses »

I am afraid of heights if there is nothing to hold onto. If there is a secure railing I am ok. But if I try to like cross a bridge with no sides on it....forget it....it freaks me out!!! I have a hard time looking over the edge of anything even with railing. I get this weird sensation of being pulled over. I don't know why I feel like this. I have never had any traumatic experiences, so I have no explanation for it. Maybe I died in a bad fall in a past life or something....who knows.

And blood tests. I can't stand blood tests. I get nervous to the point of actual perspiring if I have to get one. This is another phobia that I can't explain.

:-3
wildhorses

Phobias?

Post by wildhorses »

sleepingbeauty;772383 wrote: Chrometophobia or Chrematophobia- Fear of money. (Really, I wonder who has that?)

But mines is yucky nasty crawling bugs..like the ones you cut their leg off and it grows right back! makes me want to hide and close my eyes til it goes away!

Oh please....is this real? Fear of money? Are they scared of touching it? Like a germophobe? Or scared of having it? How can you be scared of having money?
conascot

Phobias?

Post by conascot »

Been reading through this thread and I noticed a few of mine like heights and hair on soap but I didn't see my #1 fear (maybe it was on Mrs. K's list; missed it) but I absolutely HATE being stuck in a long line of traffic across a long high bridge.:-3

Or driving under overpasses and getting stuck between 2 semi's on a rainy highway.

I am in the midst of developing a new phobia of eating fast food. Heard a lot of stories about fried rats in the kentucky fried chicken and tales of disgruntled employes putting a little "extra something" in. These stories have been around a long time and I shrugged them off but lately.......:-3
wildhorses

Phobias?

Post by wildhorses »

conascot;1047312 wrote: Been reading through this thread and I noticed a few of mine like heights and hair on soap but I didn't see my #1 fear (maybe it was on Mrs. K's list; missed it) but I absolutely HATE being stuck in a long line of traffic across a long high bridge.:-3

Or driving under overpasses and getting stuck between 2 semi's on a rainy highway.

I am in the midst of developing a new phobia of eating fast food. Heard a lot of stories about fried rats in the kentucky fried chicken and tales of disgruntled employes putting a little "extra something" in. These stories have been around a long time and I shrugged them off but lately.......:-3

Oh yeah....fast food. I am not so concerned about rats....but I don't believe those places are very clean...from what I have seen lately. The employees get paid almost nothing so why should they care? And I don't eat hamburger anymore. Anything could be ground up in there and you would never know. There are so many recalls on ground beef and I believe that is why. Stuff probably gets ground into the mix that should not be there. I don't eat anything ground anymore....including sausage. The quality of meat processing in this country has really gone downhill. But I don't see this as a phobia. A phobia is an unexplained fear.

Bridges....oh yeah. The bridges in this country have not really been maintained very well over the last two decades. I don't trust them and try to avoid them...or get across them quickly.
Milly

Phobias?

Post by Milly »

I'm another who is afraid of heights!...

I actually completed a climbing proficiency award thing on an indoor climbing wall, just to try and overcome my fears, I did that which was bloody hard! but I'm afraid it hasn't helped, I still go bloody rigid at the thought of being up a ladder or anything....
Click here to read FOC thread part 1

nok

Phobias?

Post by nok »

Big, flying cockroaches that make lots of noise when they're flapping their wings and flying..... yeeeeeeccchhhhh !!!

Super long, fat snakes that have their tongues sticking in and out.

People that have severe mental disabilities and can't control themselves and you have no idea what they're going to do next.

People who have violent tendencies.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
Cazza

Phobias?

Post by Cazza »

I can't stand spiders, and if they start running, it is a case of get me outta here!

If they are standing still, I will hoover them up!

I won't get them in a glass, as my mother- in-law did that and it ran up her arm.:wah:
gaiusjulii

Phobias?

Post by gaiusjulii »

Moths. I once watched casualty and an old lady had a moth eating her ear drum OUCH! they have freaked me out eversince....
Turn That Frown Upside Down
Earl Purple

Phobias?

Post by Earl Purple »

I have a very unusual phobia: sandals and flip-flops. Makes the summer months hard. I even hate "peep-toes" and hate the fact that celebrities seem to be wearing them even in winter.
nok

Phobias?

Post by nok »

Nightmares. Everytime I have one, I wake up in a bad sweat and shaking in fright.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
hoppy

Phobias?

Post by hoppy »

I cannot tolerate empty beer mugs or shot glasses.
Peg

Phobias?

Post by Peg »

hoppy;1193157 wrote: I cannot tolerate empty beer mugs or shot glasses.

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

I came home from work the other day to a freaken snake on my sidewalk! As I stood there frozen in terror, my OH picks it up and says, "Oh it's only a little garter snake". It might as well have been a huge anaconda because I hate snakes. Now I'm paranoid every time I go outside.
Liling

Phobias?

Post by Liling »

I don't feel comfortable on standing anything above second floor. I don't like water either so I don't swim.

Return to “The Coffee Shop”