Anti-drink driving device for cars

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

The Swedish government wants all new cars to be equipped with devices that check sobriety to prevent drunken driving.

Buses and other heavy vehicles will also be required to install the devices. The gadgets, called ignition interlocks, measure alcohol on the breath and won't allow a car to start if the driver has been drinking.:driving: :driving:
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Now that is a great idea. Is this some new fang-dangled invention or not? cause if it is I'm surprised the Japanese didn't invent it, they love that kind of techy stuff!
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

chrisb84uk wrote: Now that is a great idea. Is this some new fang-dangled invention or not? cause if it is I'm surprised the Japanese didn't invent it, they love that kind of techy stuff!This means our streets will be carless:wah:
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I guess I could live with having to wait half an hour after downing cough syrup or spritzing binaca before driving if it meant legitimately drunk people were off the road. Drunk driving's a real problem where I live because we have no public transportation. :driving:
cars

Post by cars »

capt_buzzard wrote: The Swedish government wants all new cars to be equipped with devices that check sobriety to prevent drunken driving.

Buses and other heavy vehicles will also be required to install the devices. The gadgets, called ignition interlocks, measure alcohol on the breath and won't allow a car to start if the driver has been drinking.:driving: :driving:

Sounds like a good idea initially. But like all things, where there's a will there's a way. What ever the device is, a breathalizer to blow in, or series of codes for the ignition, there's always that non-drunk someone who will do it for the drunk for whatever reason. But if it does catch on with all car manufacturer's it will definetely help. :thinking:
Cars :)
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by actionfigurestepho

I guess I could live with having to wait half an hour after downing cough syrup or spritzing binaca before driving if it meant legitimately drunk people were off the road. Drunk driving's a real problem where I live because we have no public transportation.

Curious, round here we have crap public transport but it's drunks that cause the problem.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

All cars??? That seems a bit extreme, if you ask me. I don't condone drinking and driving, but requiring EVERYONE to blow into an interlock is sort of like accusing everyone of driving drunk.

We have the devices here, but they are normally installed on an offenders car after they have been found guilty of the crime.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

gazwelshguy

Post by gazwelshguy »

I had one fitted to my Mondeo last week!! Pretty cool idea it also comes with many tips so you don't have to share each others spit lol.....

The thing is if you have a careless friend who blew into the tube for you then its defeated the idea...

The Gazmiester :cool:
gazwelshguy

Post by gazwelshguy »

Which is good because they earn enough from speeding offences........ grrrr!!!!

<< He-He...

gazwelshguy

Post by gazwelshguy »

My cousin was killed by a drunk driver!!! He only got 3 years then let out earlier for good bevavour and now to make it worse he has moved away and being protected?? Glad my Auntie caught him in the courts waiting room. She gave him a good right hander but broken her finger in the doing lol...

Return to “General Chit Chat”