help please thank you

Nomad

help please thank you

Post by Nomad »

Ive eradicated my old website and built a new one on microsoft publisher.

I uploaded the site but my error was I didnt upload in HTML.

So....................can someone tell me what the hell that means and how I might achieve this please ?

Thank you

Nomad
I AM AWESOME MAN
Oscar Namechange

help please thank you

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I'm not helping you achieve anything until you stop trying to corrupt Peter lake.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

help please thank you

Post by spot »

Maybe Publisher has a "save as" filetype of html?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
qsducks

help please thank you

Post by qsducks »

Nomad;1186993 wrote: Ive eradicated my old website and built a new one on microsoft publisher.

So....................can someone tell me what the hell that means and how I might achieve this please ?

Thank you

Nomad

No, can't help you...besides Quin's at school...I'll have to warn him:yh_rotfl
fuzzywuzzy

help please thank you

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Nomad;1186993 wrote: Ive eradicated my old website and built a new one on microsoft publisher.

Thank you

Nomad

It did it automatically for me.

You realise you've just taken up five seconds of my time ..I'm not impressed.:mad:
Nomad

help please thank you

Post by Nomad »

fuzzywuzzy;1187171 wrote: It did it automatically for me.

You realise you've just taken up five seconds of my time ..I'm not impressed.:mad:

Buck up little camper.
I AM AWESOME MAN
fuzzywuzzy

help please thank you

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Buck up little camper

Was that a Typo?

:sneaky::yh_rotfl

No seriously, did you get it working?
CARLA

help please thank you

Post by CARLA »

Here you go Nomie..!! ;)

[QUOTE]InstructionsThings You'll Need:

Internet Access

Computers

Microsoft Publisher

Web Browsers

Step 1Start Microsoft Publisher and open the page you want to convert.

Step 2From the File menu, select Create Web Site from Current Publication.

Step 3Click Yes when the Design Checker dialog box pops up, selecting all pages. Make changes as needed, using the suggestion or explanation box provided.

Step 4Select Yes when the Design Checker Download Time dialog box opens. This command checks the page for download speed and makes suggestions.

Step 5Click OK when the design check is complete. Make any changes to the Web page.

Step 6Select Web Properties from the File menu to create the title of the page and other information.

Step 7Use the Website Preview command from the File menu to view the document before saving. This command will start the default Web browser and show the page.

Step 8Select Save As HTML from the File menu when you're done. Click on Save.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

help please thank you

Post by Nomad »

CARLA;1187773 wrote: Here you go Nomie..!! ;)

Thanks muka poo. Sites up but still trying to figure out why graphics arent coming up with it and how to attach pages.

Im sure its rudimentary for lots of you but its Greek to me.

Not that theres anything wrong with Greeks. Except for that whole gyro thing. Thats a little messed up. I mean cmon who eats lamb anymore !
I AM AWESOME MAN
Oscar Namechange

help please thank you

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Nomad;1189158 wrote: Thats a little messed up. I mean cmon who eats lamb anymore ! I do..... in fact a very nice large kebab with chilli sauce and extra garlic mayo. Foxes are very partial to one as well but they don't like marmalade.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Nomad

help please thank you

Post by Nomad »

Nomad has recently discovered and identified the source of his woes.

I happened upon this information while browsing through the cellar of the website. This is useful information even though I dont know what to make of it. Freaking aliens write this stuff. Anyway its another baby step.

You need GD2 support in PHP to display inline thumbnails of JPEGs

("image/jpeg: inline") with their original aspect ratio

You need PHP 4.3.0 or newer to use the "text/plain: external" MIME-based transformation

I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

help please thank you

Post by CARLA »

All IT people are aliens..!! :yh_rotfl

[QUOTE]PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. It generally runs on a web server, taking PHP code as its input and creating web pages as output. It can be deployed on most web servers and on almost every operating system and platform free of charge.[5] PHP is installed on more than 20 million websites and 1 million web servers.[6]

[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

help please thank you

Post by Nomad »

CARLA;1193258 wrote: All IT people are aliens..!! :yh_rotfl

My SQL says I have 4.1 but my hosting page says I have PHP 5.x so I just dunno.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Web Design Art Forum”