OH Im sick at the moment

Issues relating specifically to women's health.
fuzzywuzzy

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Had to have a morphine shot yesterday because my head wanted to explode from a toothache. and now everytime I have a smoke I break out in a sweat and feel so sick. I'm on pain killers that i didn't realise could knock a person around this much................and my tooth is still hurting:-5:-5:(
kayleneaussie

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by kayleneaussie »

fuzzywuzzy;1183114 wrote: Had to have a morphine shot yesterday because my head wanted to explode from a toothache. and now everytime I have a smoke I break out in a sweat and feel so sick. I'm on pain killers that i didn't realise could knock a person around this much................and my tooth is still hurting:-5:-5:(

:yh_hugs:yh_hugs:yh_hugs
FOC THREAD PART 1
Betty Boop

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by Betty Boop »

Ouch, poor you, labour with no pain relief is preferable to toothache! Hope it goes away soon :-4
along-for-the-ride

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Got any whiskey you could rub on your gum? Maybe something medicinal?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
fuzzywuzzy

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

crushed cloves in a bit of straight rum hold it in your mouth on affected area.......instant relief:o:-6
fuzzywuzzy

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

God it tastes awful though. I've just been told it's the first time anyone has seen me spit out alcohol .......god my mouth is numb. i've placed some cruched clove in the cavity and I can't feel it any more. Okay this should hold me over until I can get to a dentist today.
Oscar Namechange

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Big hugs Megan. :-4

Toothache has to be the worst.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
CARLA

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by CARLA »

Go to the drug store and buy a bottle of clove oil rub just a tiny bit on the gums around the bad tooth and I mean a tiny bit. Use a Q-TIP apply as needed to keep the tooth numb.

Also what works for me better than pain medication is anti inflammatory medication like naprosen, motrin they take the swelling down and that relieves the pressure on the tooth nerves.

Morphine and alcohol don't mix and can be dangerous please be careful with the drinking and smoking when on heavy pain meds you could have side effects that no one is trained to handle.

I hope you have an appointment with the dentist as the tooth sounds like its abscessed. Nothing worse than a angry tooth. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

chonsigirl

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I hope you're feeling better soon, toothaches are the worst.
Kathy Ellen

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh Mags:-4

I'm so sorry that you're in so much pain. Feel better soon:-6

I know how painful toothaches can be:-1
Odie

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1183114 wrote: Had to have a morphine shot yesterday because my head wanted to explode from a toothache. and now everytime I have a smoke I break out in a sweat and feel so sick. I'm on pain killers that i didn't realise could knock a person around this much................and my tooth is still hurting:-5:-5:(

when your that ill......smoking will do that to you...as your body is week......and morphine is a very powerful pain killer.

(hugs)
Life is just to short for drama.
Sunshine

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by Sunshine »

Oh my. I do hope you can get some relief soon Fuzzy. I am happy to hear that the clove powder is helping. I would have never thought about doing that.
fuzzywuzzy

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I packed crushed cloves into the cavity and it's all numb, I don't have a toothache anymore. And the ear ache and headache have gone.

I found out that the smoking was counteracting the morphine or something, so that's why i was so sick . I've stopped throwing up using the cloves though.

I think I can hold out until the dentist now.

:-6thanks guys you're beaut!!!!:-6

list of everything I took in the last 24 hours. mersyndol, mersyndol forte, oxytonin, oxydone, some sleeping pills. .................and it turns out all I had to do was use cloves and rum :-5:-5:-5

I'm not trying to promote herbs and spices here but they are working better than the four hour chemical stuff. I had no idea.!!!!:-2
Swimming maggie

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by Swimming maggie »

fuzzywuzzy;1183252 wrote: I packed crushed cloves into the cavity and it's all numb, I don't have a toothache anymore. And the ear ache and headache have gone.

I found out that the smoking was counteracting the morphine or something, so that's why i was so sick . I've stopped throwing up using the cloves though.

I think I can hold out until the dentist now.

:-6thanks guys you're beaut!!!!:-6

list of everything I took in the last 24 hours. mersyndol, mersyndol forte, oxytonin, oxydone, some sleeping pills. .................and it turns out all I had to do was use cloves and rum :-5:-5:-5

I'm not trying to promote herbs and spices here but they are working better than the four hour chemical stuff. I had no idea.!!!!:-2

If you have any lavender sprinkle some on a cloth and warm it in the microwave for about 20 seconds and then place it on your face where the toothache is, it will give you relief and help you sleep. I know it works I have tried it and seen it work on other people too.
qsducks

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by qsducks »

Megs, hope your feeling better babes. Never thought of cloves either. I always get some really great tips on the FG...things I never would have thought of.
fuzzywuzzy

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Tooth is gone and life as I knew it is back to normal. Went to an emergency dentist tonight because I had a pain at the back of my neck and massaged it and my mouth exploded in pain ............Hmmm think I now know the path of nerves from the mouth to the nervous system:-2:-5

So anyway I get there right, and this guy is pretty cool. He had two other guys with him and was teaching them or something I don't know but he was teaching them the gadgets in the office etc. ....so anyway he looks in my mouth and says ..."mmmmm" . and while he's waiting for the injection to work he calls the other guys in. I said "If they are helping does that mean I have to pay triple?" And they laugh and one of them said " A little bit more and I'll massage your feet for you "...........Hey!!!! I was willing to pay this handsome young dentist. I said " how are you at pedicures??" I'll be going back there again, I don't care how much it costs!!!!! It was funny at the end of it because once it was done he shook hands and said "So should I tell you I'm not an actual dentist?" :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl I was like HUH? and then thought I like this dude.

I think I've found my new dentists!!!!:-4:D:):-6

So apart from not being able to feel half my mouth and face I'm fine now, and will probably be less grumpy. Just sucking through a straw at the mo.
fuzzywuzzy

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

well I'm off becuase i have a diatribe of drugs in me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh dear.
CARLA

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by CARLA »

Fuzzy sucking through a STRAW is a NO NO after a tooth extraction it can cause DRY SOCKET and that is very painful.

Smoking, any sucking motion can cause dry socket not a good idea. When a tooth is pulled it forms a blood clot over the area that is suppose to stay in place as the hole heals sucking on a straw can dislodge that clot and create dry socket which is even more painful that the bad tooth you had pulled. Trust me I know first hand the error of sucking through a straw after an tooth extraction. ;)

[QUOTE]sucking through a straw at the mo[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

fuzzywuzzy

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

You're not kidding Carla!!!! My jaw feels like someone KO'd me . It's soooo bruised.:( But it's healing. thanks for the advice:)
Oscar Namechange

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1185908 wrote: well I'm off becuase i have a diatribe of drugs in me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh dear.
I'll meet you at 2.30............... (tooth hurty)....... get it?..... No?..... Oh OK

Sorry megs, couldn't resist. :wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

You idiot!!!:wah::wah:
Littlelou

OH Im sick at the moment

Post by Littlelou »

I have just read how you suffered, so sorry to hear that, it is of course a while ago now for you, so I am a bit late to wish you well with me being a newbie, but so hope you haven't had anymore toothaches like that, wow, I had a sympathy toothache for you while reading.

I laughed so much though when you wrote what happened there, is it too far for me to travel and make an appointment there as they certainly sound much better and more humorous than my dentist.:wah:

Return to “Women's Health”