An indoor cat is a safe cat.

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

This is an example of why people should keep their cats IN the house....this could happen to anyone's pet. Probably some lame kid or some jerk who didn't want cat poop in his flower bed.

Source

Arrow Strike Kills Family Cat Outside Home

Fluffy Escaped During Weekend Storm

POSTED: 1:36 pm EDT May 6, 2009

UPDATED: 6:57 pm EDT May 6, 2009

DUNBAR, Pa. -- State police and the SPCA are investigating after someone shot and killed a Fayette County house cat with an arrow in Dunbar Township."I can't believe someone could be so cruel," Michelle Zuzak said on Wednesday.Fluffy, a 2-year-old cat, slipped out of Zuzak's home on Green Street after a tree limb shattered a window during last weekend's rainstorm.The woman found the animal, wounded by an arrow, outside her home early Monday morning."Just horrible wailing," Zuzak told Channel 4 Action News' Jennifer Miele. "Talking to him and petting him would calm him down, but as soon as you quit petting him, he would start crying again."Despite the efforts of a veterinarian, the cat died from its injuries late Tuesday.Zuzak told Miele the cat was very loving and would put its paws around your neck to 'hug' the person holding it."When you have your animal die in your arms and you've done everything you can -- $952 to try to save him, that was every penny that me and the girls had left, and now the cat's gone, too," Zuzak said.Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 724-439-7111.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

RedGlitter;1185249 wrote: This is an example of why people should keep their cats IN the house....this could happen to anyone's pet. Probably some lame kid or some jerk who didn't want cat poop in his flower bed.

Source

DUNBAR, Pa. -- State police and the SPCA are investigating after someone shot and killed a Fayette County house cat with an arrow in Dunbar Township."I can't believe someone could be so cruel," Michelle Zuzak said on Wednesday.Fluffy, a 2-year-old cat, slipped out of Zuzak's home on Green Street after a tree limb shattered a window during last weekend's rainstorm.The woman found the animal, wounded by an arrow, outside her home early Monday morning."Just horrible wailing," Zuzak told Channel 4 Action News' Jennifer Miele. "Talking to him and petting him would calm him down, but as soon as you quit petting him, he would start crying again."Despite the efforts of a veterinarian, the cat died from its injuries late Tuesday.Zuzak told Miele the cat was very loving and would put its paws around your neck to 'hug' the person holding it."When you have your animal die in your arms and you've done everything you can -- $952 to try to save him, that was every penny that me and the girls had left, and now the cat's gone, too," Zuzak said.Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 724-439-7111.Absolutely sick and how sad he suffered before he died. I just hope they get the bastard and i'd like the same seen done to them.

I've added an articled from my own town of similar. Don't the people who do this realise that they are not shooting a wild animal but some-one's beloved pet?

Knowle schoolgirl's kitten shot in the face | Bristol News | This Is Bristol

Schoolgirl Shannon Reeves was in tears when her cat Kibbles crawled through the cat flap covered in blood after being shot with an airgun in Knowle, Bristol.

Thankfully Kibbles survived after emergency surgery but Shannon's mother Hayley has branded those responsible as "heartless" for causing so much pain and distress to the cat and her 11-year-old daughter.

And in a separate incident in Brislington, a three-year-old blue tabby cat was shot in the stomach with a 6inch bolt from a cross bow.

Mrs Reeves, 34, said Shannon had been playing with seven-month-old Kibbles in the garden of her home in Knowle after school, less than an hour before the kitten was shot.

She said: "Shannon was in the kitchen at 5pm when the cat came through the cat flap absolutely covered in blood.

"My immediate thought was that he had been bitten by a dog because he had a hole in his nose and blood around his neck.

"But when I took Kibbles to the vets they said he had been shot in the face with an air gun at very close range.

"The vet operated to try to remove the pellet but because it was lodged right behind the cat's jugular vein the vet said it was too dangerous to take out."

Shannon is now very nervous about letting Kibbles out to play in the garden.

She said: "I just think it was awful that anyone would think of doing this.

"I keep asking my mum why anyone could look at my Kibbles and then shoot him."

Mrs Reeves, who works for Bristol Water, said Kibbles has recovered and was back home with Shannon but would need further x-rays in a few weeks time to see if the pellet has moved.

She said: "The vet said if the pellet migrated away from the vein it could make it safe enough to have another operation to remove it.

"Kibbles is comfortable at the moment but he still has a hole in his nose and bruising around his eyes."

Mrs Reeves reported the incident to Avon and Somerset Police.

She said: "We have lived here for 10 years, I have four other cats and nothing like this has ever happened before.

"If the police can find out who did this then perhaps it will prevent something terrible like this happening to other pet owners."

Avon Lodge Veterinary practice in Wells Road said Kibbles was lucky to be alive because the pellet so narrowly missed the cat's vital jugular vein.

Police spokesman Martin Dunscombe said: "Inquiries are ongoing and anyone who saw the cat being injured or knows who is responsible is asked to call 08456 7000 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111."

A blue tabby cat is fighting for his life after having a cross bow bolt removed from his side.

Vet Joanne Lampard, of Highcroft Veterinary Hospital, Whitchurch, said it was still touch and go whether Hamish would survive.

She said: "The owner, who wishes to remain anonymous, found Hamish under their bed with the bolt sticking out of his side.

"The arrow penetrated the abdominal wall and speared straight through the large intestine and into part of the small intestine.

"Surgeons immediately operated and Hamish is currently on intravenous antibiotics, pain relief and fluids but it is still touch and go whether or not he will survive."

RSPCA Inspector Chris James said the two attacks could be linked to the fact the schools are currently on half-term breaks.

He said: "There are people out there who, for whatever reason, take their frustrations out on animals.

"These two incidents seem to reflect that sort of behaviour. We want to catch who is responsible because these attacks to place in the open and it could just as easily been a child who was injured."

The police said homes in the Brislington area, where the cat was shot with the crossbow, have been leafleted in a bid to find any witnesses to the incident.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

This story is gruesome------WARNING!

-A friend of mine who was feeding her neighbours cat because he never did, got furious one day, when she woke up and went outside one morning, there was her own cat.....on her door steps........with its neck broken.

She had to put the cat in her freezer as authority s would not come and pick it up!

within the next day.......'her cat' came home...the two cats looked very much alike....and because it was dark when he broke the cats neck.......it was his 'own cat' he had killed.

Since then although it was extremely difficult on her cat...she then kept him indoors.

Cat should never be allowed to roam free.

to many things can happen, cruel and vicious attacks by humans.....attacks from racoons and other animals, killed on our roads etc.

Our cats are indoor cats......for those reasons.
Life is just to short for drama.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Domestic cat belong indoors they adjust and live a much longer life when kept in. The diseases they can get outdoors alone will kill them in a year if left to roam in most cases.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

G-man

Post by G-man »

CARLA;1185333 wrote: Domestic cat belong indoors they adjust and live a much longer life when kept in. The diseases they can get outdoors alone will kill them in a year if left to roam in most cases.

True, but this cat was kept in the house and something bad still happened to it. Of course, something bad could have happened to the cat indoors, just as easily...

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

RedGlitter;1185249 wrote: This is an example of why people should keep their cats IN the house....this could happen to anyone's pet. Probably some lame kid or some jerk who didn't want cat poop in his flower bed.

Source

DUNBAR, Pa. -- State police and the SPCA are investigating after someone shot and killed a Fayette County house cat with an arrow in Dunbar Township."I can't believe someone could be so cruel," Michelle Zuzak said on Wednesday.Fluffy, a 2-year-old cat, slipped out of Zuzak's home on Green Street after a tree limb shattered a window during last weekend's rainstorm.The woman found the animal, wounded by an arrow, outside her home early Monday morning."Just horrible wailing," Zuzak told Channel 4 Action News' Jennifer Miele. "Talking to him and petting him would calm him down, but as soon as you quit petting him, he would start crying again."Despite the efforts of a veterinarian, the cat died from its injuries late Tuesday.Zuzak told Miele the cat was very loving and would put its paws around your neck to 'hug' the person holding it."When you have your animal die in your arms and you've done everything you can -- $952 to try to save him, that was every penny that me and the girls had left, and now the cat's gone, too," Zuzak said.Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 724-439-7111.

oscar;1185265 wrote: Absolutely sick and how sad he suffered before he died. I just hope they get the bastard and i'd like the same seen done to them.

I've added an articled from my own town of similar. Don't the people who do this realise that they are not shooting a wild animal but some-one's beloved pet?

Knowle schoolgirl's kitten shot in the face | Bristol News | This Is Bristol

Schoolgirl Shannon Reeves was in tears when her cat Kibbles crawled through the cat flap covered in blood after being shot with an airgun in Knowle, Bristol.

Thankfully Kibbles survived after emergency surgery but Shannon's mother Hayley has branded those responsible as "heartless" for causing so much pain and distress to the cat and her 11-year-old daughter.

And in a separate incident in Brislington, a three-year-old blue tabby cat was shot in the stomach with a 6inch bolt from a cross bow.

Mrs Reeves, 34, said Shannon had been playing with seven-month-old Kibbles in the garden of her home in Knowle after school, less than an hour before the kitten was shot.

She said: "Shannon was in the kitchen at 5pm when the cat came through the cat flap absolutely covered in blood.

"My immediate thought was that he had been bitten by a dog because he had a hole in his nose and blood around his neck.

"But when I took Kibbles to the vets they said he had been shot in the face with an air gun at very close range.

"The vet operated to try to remove the pellet but because it was lodged right behind the cat's jugular vein the vet said it was too dangerous to take out."

Shannon is now very nervous about letting Kibbles out to play in the garden.

She said: "I just think it was awful that anyone would think of doing this.

"I keep asking my mum why anyone could look at my Kibbles and then shoot him."

Mrs Reeves, who works for Bristol Water, said Kibbles has recovered and was back home with Shannon but would need further x-rays in a few weeks time to see if the pellet has moved.

She said: "The vet said if the pellet migrated away from the vein it could make it safe enough to have another operation to remove it.

"Kibbles is comfortable at the moment but he still has a hole in his nose and bruising around his eyes."

Mrs Reeves reported the incident to Avon and Somerset Police.

She said: "We have lived here for 10 years, I have four other cats and nothing like this has ever happened before.

"If the police can find out who did this then perhaps it will prevent something terrible like this happening to other pet owners."

Avon Lodge Veterinary practice in Wells Road said Kibbles was lucky to be alive because the pellet so narrowly missed the cat's vital jugular vein.

Police spokesman Martin Dunscombe said: "Inquiries are ongoing and anyone who saw the cat being injured or knows who is responsible is asked to call 08456 7000 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111."

A blue tabby cat is fighting for his life after having a cross bow bolt removed from his side.

Vet Joanne Lampard, of Highcroft Veterinary Hospital, Whitchurch, said it was still touch and go whether Hamish would survive.

She said: "The owner, who wishes to remain anonymous, found Hamish under their bed with the bolt sticking out of his side.

"The arrow penetrated the abdominal wall and speared straight through the large intestine and into part of the small intestine.

"Surgeons immediately operated and Hamish is currently on intravenous antibiotics, pain relief and fluids but it is still touch and go whether or not he will survive."

RSPCA Inspector Chris James said the two attacks could be linked to the fact the schools are currently on half-term breaks.

He said: "There are people out there who, for whatever reason, take their frustrations out on animals.

"These two incidents seem to reflect that sort of behaviour. We want to catch who is responsible because these attacks to place in the open and it could just as easily been a child who was injured."

The police said homes in the Brislington area, where the cat was shot with the crossbow, have been leafleted in a bid to find any witnesses to the incident.

CARLA;1185333 wrote: Domestic cat belong indoors they adjust and live a much longer life when kept in. The diseases they can get outdoors alone will kill them in a year if left to roam in most cases.

Both of my moms & sisters cats are all indoor cats...except I always tease my sister and tell her the litter box stinks:wah:

Return to “Pets Animals”