Margret Thatcher 30 years on....... one way of looking at it

Discuss the latest political news.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

30 ways that Margaret Thatcher made Britain Great | The Sun |Features

Please excuse me while i go and vomit.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Pass the bucket when you're done! :D
Oscar Namechange

Rapunzel;1183709 wrote: Pass the bucket when you're done! :D :wah:

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

Am I the only person on this planet who thought Maggie was a women to be admired? :)

I was 14 years old when she became PM and, at the time, I was very proud of this woman who could enter a 'mans world' and be as strong as the rest of them.

We may not have agreed with everything that she did, which much pretty goes for the rest of the PM's and Presidents we have had since. One thing she did do was show us young teens that a women can be as strong as the men - maybe even stronger; she had to be - she was the only female in an all male political world.

Hats off to you Maggie !! :-6
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

At least she had more bollocks than Gordon Brown
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Pheasy;1183718 wrote: Am I the only person on this planet who thought Maggie was a women to be admired? :)

I was 14 years old when she became PM and, at the time, I was very proud of this woman who could enter a 'mans world' and be as strong as the rest of them.

We may not have agreed with everything that she did, which much pretty goes for the rest of the PM's and Presidents we have had since. One thing she did do was show us young teens that a women can be as strong as the men - maybe even stronger; she had to be - she was the only female in an all male political world.

Hats off to you Maggie !! :-6 There is no doubt that she was a tough woman but she destroyed this country under her government and the damage is still be righted today.
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Pheasy;1183718 wrote: Am I the only person on this planet who thought Maggie was a women to be admired?

A woman to be admired????

The bitch should be on the same pedestal as Pinochet and Hitler. She was a blight on the face of humanity and should have been charged with as a war criminal after the Falklands fiasco.

When she eventually snuffs it, I will be (if I get there in time) in the front row of those who are celebrating the internment. We will be ensuring that herself is buried facedown, with a bloody great stake through the place that her heart was rumoured to be, under at least six feet of concrete, in a place which is surrounded with garlic, crosses and silver bullets (just to make sure).
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
Oscar Namechange

Chookie;1183727 wrote:

The bitch should be on the same pedestal as Pinochet and Hitler. She was a blight on the face of humanity and should have been charged with as a war criminal after the Falklands fiasco.

When she eventually snuffs it, I will be (if I get there in time) in the front row of those who are celebrating the internment. We will be ensuring that herself is buried facedown, with a bloody great stake through the place that her heart was rumoured to be, under at least six feet of concrete, in a place which is surrounded with garlic, crosses and silver bullets (just to make sure). Bloody hell your Chookiness...... we agree on something :wah:
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

You'd better watch it Oscar - us Caledonians might be civilising you.....
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

Chookie;1183727 wrote:

When she eventually snuffs it, I will be (if I get there in time) in the front row of those who are celebrating the internment. We will be ensuring that herself is buried facedown, with a bloody great stake through the place that her heart was rumoured to be, under at least six feet of concrete, in a place which is surrounded with garlic, crosses and silver bullets (just to make sure).

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

So I am thinking that maybe you didn't think too much of her then??? :D
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

Snowfire;1183719 wrote: At least she had more bollocks than Gordon Brown

Who is Gordon Brown :) :)
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Chookie;1183735 wrote: You'd better watch it Oscar - us Caledonians might be civilising you..... There is not a man alive that can tame Oscar. Many have tried and failed miserably. I should know having to live with her but please don't hold that against me.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Pheasy;1183741 wrote: Who is Gordon Brown :) :) Do you want Oscar back on here? Such questions have been known to rattle her cage. :(
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Chookie, for Pete's sake don't muck about - just speak your mind ;)

Yes we all know that the Falklands was a put up job, because she was loosing favour in the UK. The navy could have made a 'courtesy visit' to put the Argies off - the government had plenty of time to organise that but Madam decided to keep a lid on things for a few weeks. A lot of lives were lost unnecessarily, just to boost her ego!:-5 :mad:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

G#Gill;1183746 wrote: Chookie, for Pete's sake don't muck about - just speak your mind ;)

Yes we all know that the Falklands was a put up job, because she was loosing favour in the UK. The navy could have made a 'courtesy visit' to put the Argies off - the government had plenty of time to organise that but Madam decided to keep a lid on things for a few weeks. A lot of lives were lost unnecessarily, just to boost her ego!:-5 :mad: I never said a word about her :(

Return to “Current Political Events”