Call Your Doctor?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lon

Call Your Doctor?

Post by Lon »

It makes me laugh when I hear a news reader on TV or a doctor guest panelist discussing the Swine Flu and suggesting you call your doctor if you have a fever etc. etc.

Well, I don't know about where you live, but here in my part of the world, despite the fact that I have three doctors that I see several times yearly, if I was to call, here's what I get.

You have reached XXXXX Medical Group, if you are calling for doctor Ryan press one, doctor Smith press 2, doctor McBride press 3, doctor Gupta press 4.

After pressing number 4 I get---------This is doctor Gupta's office, if this is an emergency call 911, if you are another doctor wanting to talk to Dr. Gupta press 1, if you are a patient wishing to change your appointment press 2, if you wish to make an appointment press 3, if you need to talk to one of the nurses press 4. After pressing 4 I will get a recording saying------I am presently away from my desk or with a patient, if you will leave your name, telephone number and date of birth I will return your call within 24 hours.:yh_rotfl
kayleneaussie

Call Your Doctor?

Post by kayleneaussie »

wow i am glad i dont live there....I can call and speak to my doctor anytime and get onto him:D
FOC THREAD PART 1
Clint

Call Your Doctor?

Post by Clint »

I have to listen to all of the options but I'm usually able to get in touch with his assistant who's prettier than the doc so all is good.:wah:
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
princessladedah

Call Your Doctor?

Post by princessladedah »

Woah, not for me.
qsducks

Call Your Doctor?

Post by qsducks »

I think the media is overblowing this latest epidemic. Wash your hands and no shaking hands...you never know.

Return to “General Chit Chat”