Amber Alert-Michigan

The AMBER Alert System began in 1996 when Dallas-Fort Worth broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to help find abducted children. AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnaped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and then brutally murdered. Other states and communities soon set up their own AMBER plans as the idea was adopted across the nation.
Peg

Amber Alert-Michigan

Post by Peg »

AMBER Alert Issued for 13 Year Old Michigan Girl

Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 4:31 AM CT

The state of Michigan issued the Amber Alert early Tuesday morning (04-21) after the girl was apparently abducted on Monday in Detroit. The girl sent her father a text message stating that she was being held against her will by an unknown suspect late Monday (04-20). The child was last seen in the area of Grand River and Greenfield Rd in the City of Detroit.

Je-Ni Cushondra Scott a Black female, 13 years old, 5' 2" tall with black hair and brown eyes and weighs 130 pounds. She was last seen wearing an Academy of Westland uniform yellow shirt and a brown and white plaid skirt with blue jeans underneath..

There is no suspect information at this time.

There is no suspect vehicle information at this time.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Detroit Police Department at 313-596-5640 or dial 911.
abbey

Amber Alert-Michigan

Post by abbey »

I do hope she's found safe and well.
Peg

Amber Alert-Michigan

Post by Peg »

I find it odd that the girl "managed to escape", made it home, they know what house she was supposedly held at, yet there is nothing about charges, an investigation, etc. I am glad she is safe. I'd just like to know if it's something she cooked up or if there was a real abduction.
Peg

Amber Alert-Michigan

Post by Peg »

The girl later admitted to police that she was not kidnapped but went willingly with her boyfriend to a home where there were several other young men. She reports that she was touched inappropriately and was afraid to leave until they fell asleep.
Link

Return to “Amber Alert Forum”