disorder help please!

Discuss Mental Health topics & issues.
crabbyapples

disorder help please!

Post by crabbyapples »

my friend has relationship problems. when he is in a relationship he gets emotionally and mentally unstable. he says that relationships pressure him. can you please diagnose what disorder he has, or help me with what i can do to get him through this? all help is welcome!

thanks alot.
YZGI

disorder help please!

Post by YZGI »

I think it's Vaginaphobia. Who knows he might be gay.:D
Oscar Namechange

disorder help please!

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Rabies :(
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
minks

disorder help please!

Post by minks »

commitment-a-phodia

I don't know if your friend really has a disorder, prolly just not ready to make a commitment or unsure of ones self and unable to make a commitment. Tell your friend to talk about what it is they fear when it comes to relationships? Then try and work with them. Perhaps something from a past relationship has scared them and created these awful feelings perhaps they have to get past that.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
crabbyapples

disorder help please!

Post by crabbyapples »

hahaha! vaginaphobia! defo not that.
along-for-the-ride

disorder help please!

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Welcome. :)

Before your friend enters into a relationship, it seems to me he has to relax and enjoy his own company. In other words, he must like himself first. I hope he is getting some professional help or therapy, if he does want to have a great relationship in the future.

Sometimes, we must do some house-keeping in our home, before we can let company visit. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
G-man

disorder help please!

Post by G-man »

Your friend may or may not have a disorder... I'm not qualified to offer advice nor do I believe that anyone else on here is with so little information to go on. I'm already involved in a lawsuit because a doctor misdiagnosed me awhile back... I certainly don't want to be sued, as well.

I suggest that your friend seek professional help if you believe he has a disorder. If he just wants somone to talk to and share his problems, then this is certainly the place. I'm not convinced on what information you offered that there's anything all that unnusual about your friend... we ALL have had relationship problems, afterall! :p

Wanna' hear about all of the relationship problems that I've had over the years? If so, you'd better have a seat... it's gonna' take awhile! :yh_rotfl

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Odie

disorder help please!

Post by Odie »

crabbyapples;1176010 wrote: my friend has relationship problems. when he is in a relationship he gets emotionally and mentally unstable. he says that relationships pressure him. can you please diagnose what disorder he has, or help me with what i can do to get him through this? all help is welcome!

thanks alot.

I doubt he has a disorder, it sounds as he gets insecure.......and his emotions come out.

suggest to him to seek counseling, they will help him get his confidence back.

has he been hurt before?

is he constantly nagging her because he feel this way?
Life is just to short for drama.
Accountable

disorder help please!

Post by Accountable »

crabbyapples;1176010 wrote: my friend has relationship problems. when he is in a relationship he gets emotionally and mentally unstable. he says that relationships pressure him. can you please diagnose what disorder he has, or help me with what i can do to get him through this? all help is welcome!

thanks alot.
What does that mean, specifically?
sunny104

disorder help please!

Post by sunny104 »

YZGI;1176013 wrote: I think it's Vaginaphobia. Who knows he might be gay.:D

:yh_rotfl
Clodhopper

disorder help please!

Post by Clodhopper »

Not enough info to go on, as others have said. Does sound like simple insecurity. How's your friend's self confidence and self esteem?
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
princessladedah

disorder help please!

Post by princessladedah »

I agree he must like himself first, is he afraid of living on his own, because if he is, or doesnt really like it, then he could angst about the relationship ending before it has began, I lived on my own for 10 years before asking Mr. all that to move in and it's ok, but I was ok living on mly own to
mikeinie

disorder help please!

Post by mikeinie »

It is called sheiswreckingmyheaditis

It is very common with men, but don’t worry though, in time he will be worn down and will conform.

To help him teach him these following phrases:

‘Yes Dear’

‘Sorry Dear’

‘You were right dear’

And

‘no, hunny, it does not make your @ss look big’

Return to “Mental Health”