teenagers sex crime song

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
fuzzywuzzy

teenagers sex crime song

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

UPDATE 10.05am: A TEEN who posted a hate-filled rap about the Werribee sex DVD online has been failed by the system, an expert says.

Adolescent psychologist Dr Michael Carr-Gregg said one of the ringleaders behind the infamous DVD received the appropriate sentence.

Dr Carr-Gregg said the system had failed the teen in question, but said his chance of reoffending may have increased with a jail term.

“The reality is if you send someone to jail at that age the likelihood that they are going to reoffend is huge,” he said.

“The sexual offending program is massively more effective and on research and statistics the kids are much less likely to reoffend.

“It would appear that that has been the case fore six out of seven of these kids.”

In an expletive-riddled diatribe posted on a website under his nickname, the 19-year-old boasts the attack video was viewed more "than the 10 o'clock news".

In 2006, the thug encouraged friends as they sexually assaulted and spat on a girl in a sickening attack filmed and distributed on a DVD titled "C--- the Movie". He also set the 17-year-old girl's hair on fire beside the Werribee River.

Eleven youths were charged over the humiliating Werribee DVD, with most placed on youth supervision orders, but only one of those is featured in the rap song along with four other rappers not involved in the film.

All were required to attend a counselling program for young sex offenders.

Dr Carr-Gregg said there was no proof that the teen would not have made the rap song if he had been sent to jail.

“What we have to recognise is that while everyone gets their jollies from the whole idea of retribution, what we actually have to think about long-term is what’s best for society,” he said.

“What’s best for society is that these kids - who made serious errors of judgement, performed gross indecency on a developmentally-delayed kid – should be given the chance not to do that again.

“It would appear on the balance of what we hear today that it’s worked six out of seven times.”

In the rap, the teen brags of his notoriety and vows to commit more violence.

"I hope it hurts to reminisce when you think about us Werribee kids, all things we did," he sings.

The teen escaped jail over the crime but attacks "c--s who judges us", saying they can all "get f---ed".

Victims of crime advocate Noel McNamara said the song was "disgusting". He said it proved the teenager treated his crime like a joke and should have been sentenced to jail.

Eleven youths were charged over the humiliating Werribee DVD, with most placed on youth supervision orders.

All were required to attend a counselling program for young sex offenders.

Another rapper also sings that the gang doesn't need to be tested "because we proved we're worthy" and that "fame will never end".

The song, which refers to the victim by her first name, includes the lyrics: "You're gunna to love c--- the movie".

The teen and two other amateur rappers expose themselves as violent racists and boast about bashings.

"I split lips and f--- I hate nips," is one of the rants.

"We're beyond saving," they chant. "It's Werribee until I'm locked up. Why don't you go and find out what we done."

Other lyrics suggest the Werribee crew think they are above the law and refer to the sexual assault.

"I'm still untouched.

"When hair got flamed.

"They didn't show her nude, when you look, you look, on YouTube."

During the rap, youths can be heard laughing at news sound bytes deriding their actions.

It is believed the female victim and her family are aware of the degrading recording. Police have not examined the song.

Victorian Women's Trust executive director Mary Crooks said the rap song was "unnerving".

"They are anti-social and misogynistic . . . it really troubles me," she said.

But a "music producer" involved with the rap showed no remorse, saying the victim enjoyed herself during the attack.

"She said at court she had a good time that day," he said. "She was a willing participant that day.

"He doesn't say anything about the attack. Quote the lyrics where he says that stuff, because he doesn't. Other people said stuff about it. Not him.

"How would you feel if you were the family of the victims that were wrongly accused of things that didn't happen."

HERALD Sun readers have slammed a teenager behind the Werribee sex DVD who posted a hate-filled rap song on the internet boasting about the crime.

Manu, of Melbourne, described the 19-year-old as "an animal".

In 2006, the teenager and his friends sexually assaulted and spat on a girl in an attack filmed and distributed on a DVD titled "C--- the Movie".

Adolescent psychologist Dr Michael Carr-Gregg said the teenager in question, who escaped jail, had been failed by the system.

Matt Black, of Lilydale, said the teenagers were scumbags.

"Such a tough bunch you are, picking on a defenceless girl," he wrote. "What a bunch of loser wannabees."

Ron, of country SA, said the group "should be behind bars for a few years".

"Why they are let loose on the streets again is beyond me," he said.

Jackie branded the teenager an idiot. "The ringleader should be locked up for life. Then he'll never be a threat to society," she wrote.

All For The Death Penalty of Weed The Maggots Out said a jail term would not help the teenager.

"Sadly, people like this rarely change, jail term or no jail term," he wrote. "It's just in their nature."

Janine described the teen as a psychopath.

"Put him . . . on an island surrounded by sharks - but not Australia!" she wrote.

wouldn't you be a proud mum of this little turd.what really gets me is the 'producer' of this little arseholes dvd. Out this individual I want to see this persons face.!!!! You see this person fails to mention the mental disablity of the victim.

:-5:-5:-5:-5
Victoria

teenagers sex crime song

Post by Victoria »

It would be in my nature to do something very nasty and painful to this person if my daughter were his victim.

I wonder if the judge would agree that jail wouldnt change that?

Oh and it wasnt the system that failed him it was his fathers condom (lack of) that failed humanity.
Oscar Namechange

teenagers sex crime song

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1174837 wrote: wouldn't you be a proud mum of this little turd.what really gets me is the 'producer' of this little arseholes dvd. Out this individual I want to see this persons face.!!!! You see this person fails to mention the mental disablity of the victim.

:-5:-5:-5:-5 How utterly abhorant. Shame the turd didn't get jail with real peado's then he would be the one frightened pretty soon. Poor girl :(
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy

teenagers sex crime song

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Wow my comment actually got published. I didn't think they would. I got really pee'd off with the Dr's retribution statement and that other diatribe of his in the story .

Readers' Comments: Draw breath over bad rap - Herald Sun

Return to “Australia”