New Irish Tax Form

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
mikeinie

New Irish Tax Form

Post by mikeinie »

spot

New Irish Tax Form

Post by spot »

You've a 41% top rate, and a 2% excess tax on income over Euros100k? There are higher rates elsewhere.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
abbey

New Irish Tax Form

Post by abbey »

:wah:
Kindle

New Irish Tax Form

Post by Kindle »

The guys at the G-20 Summit all took this form home to copy and distribute. :D

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
spot

New Irish Tax Form

Post by spot »

Kindle;1168651 wrote: The guys at the G-20 Summit all took this form home to copy and distribute. :D

Where the hell are people getting these notions from? The entire point of the G20 decision was to increase the spending capacity of their consumers, not to reduce it by increased taxation. Ireland's having an emergency budget on Monday because of its special circumstances but I doubt whether personal taxation's going to rise significantly. In any event G20 was a "let them spend" approach to recovery, not a "tax them harder" conclusion.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

New Irish Tax Form

Post by YZGI »

spot;1168656 wrote: Where the hell are people getting these notions from? The entire point of the G20 decision was to increase the spending capacity of their consumers, not to reduce it by increased taxation. Ireland's having an emergency budget on Monday because of its special circumstances but I doubt whether personal taxation's going to rise significantly. In any event G20 was a "let them spend" approach to recovery, not a "tax them harder" conclusion.
Hey Spot ease up, I do believe they were all teasing, joking etc. etc.:yh_rotfl
spot

New Irish Tax Form

Post by spot »

YZGI;1168663 wrote: Hey Spot ease up, I do believe they were all teasing, joking etc. etc.:yh_rotfl

But reality's reality. How can anyone think posting something so biased, uninformed, ignorant and prejudiced amounts to humour? It's "my party or death", it's not remotely sensible. No, it's not funny.
Chezzie

New Irish Tax Form

Post by Chezzie »

spot;1168667 wrote: But reality's reality. How can anyone think posting something so biased, uninformed, ignorant and prejudiced amounts to humour? It's "my party or death", it's not remotely sensible. No, it's not funny.

I think you need that holiday Spot, Kindle was joking at a jokey post...Take a chill pill man:D
Oscar Namechange

New Irish Tax Form

Post by Oscar Namechange »

spot;1168667 wrote: But reality's reality. How can anyone think posting something so biased, uninformed, ignorant and prejudiced amounts to humour? It's "my party or death", it's not remotely sensible. No, it's not funny. Fantastic news that GB is being hailed so heartedly by world leaders today. Also great news that the proposals were a success. I see FTSE up, house prices up and confident banks already. Those doubters of GB may just have to eat their words. :D

And please Spot, don't forget your specs this time!!!!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

New Irish Tax Form

Post by spot »

Chezzie;1168703 wrote: I think you need that holiday Spot, Kindle was joking at a jokey post...Take a chill pill man:D

Biased, uninformed, ignorant and prejudiced. If it was intended to be jokey too then that makes it even sicker.
Chezzie

New Irish Tax Form

Post by Chezzie »

spot;1168722 wrote: Biased, uninformed, ignorant and prejudiced. If it was intended to be jokey too then that makes it even sicker.

Did you think Mike posted the form seriously??

I really feel you owe Kindle an apology for over reacting here.
qsducks

New Irish Tax Form

Post by qsducks »

mikeinie;1168626 wrote:

Yeah, they have the same thing here in the States:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
spot

New Irish Tax Form

Post by spot »

Chezzie;1168727 wrote: Did you think Mike posted the form seriously??

I really feel you owe Kindle an apology for over reacting here.

No, and no I don't. Mike's was innocuous fun, Kindle's wasn't in the slightest.
Galbally

New Irish Tax Form

Post by Galbally »

Hey Milkennie, just to let you know, I did a little acoustic trio gig over the weekend in a local cafe, I printed up some of these forms and we got them handed out midway through the set, (along with another page done up like a tax returns form where people wrote budget suggestions over Brian Lenihan's head). The one that got the most applause won a bottle of champagne, just to ease the pain (as it were) so thank you for that one my lad.

Some of my favorite suggestions for saving the country were

1. Tax Riding

2. Recycle Badgers

3. Up the poll tax (72 percent tax on children's allowance)

"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
mikeinie

New Irish Tax Form

Post by mikeinie »

Galbally;1171030 wrote: Hey Milkennie, just to let you know, I did a little acoustic trio gig over the weekend in a local cafe, I printed up some of these forms and we got them handed out midway through the set, (along with another page done up like a tax returns form where people wrote budget suggestions over Brian Lenihan's head). The one that got the most applause won a bottle of champagne, just to ease the pain (as it were) so thank you for that one my lad.

Some of my favorite suggestions for saving the country were

1. Tax Riding

2. Recycle Badgers

3. Up the poll tax (72 percent tax on children's allowance)

Brilliant
sunny104

New Irish Tax Form

Post by sunny104 »

that's funny. We'll have to pass it on to my brother in law. They've been doing most of their shopping in the north these days.....

Return to “General Chit Chat”