Come on smokers - own up!

nihilisticmadman

Post by nihilisticmadman »

Yes I am a smoker, been smoking for 10 years used to smoke Marlboro and now I smoke only rolled one, blue or white drum usually... Also smoke mainly spliff if the money situation allows it...

myspace
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Yeah, I smoke. I quit for my birthday last October, and managed 3 months smoke-free. Then I went back to work in the bar and that's all it took.

I smoke Kools. I've been smoking since I was 15. That's 20 freakin' years. Bad, very very bad. Once June is overwith I plan on quitting again.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

i've been smoke free for almost two months. i've never felt better.

this book did it for me.

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

i didn't have a single smoke in Mexico. i should have, tho. $4.22 a pack here; $1.75 down there.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

venus

Post by venus »

I used to be a smoker, at my worst 30 plus a day. i smoked from being about 16 and then as luck would have it quit a few months before l fell pregnang with my son. Stayed smoke free and never let anyone smoke around him till he was about 18 months or so and then went back to them. That went on and off till l met my surrent bf 7 years ago. He asked me one thing, please quit l want to spent the rest of my life with you, not just until cancer claims you because you choose to smoke.

So l stopped, havent looked back really, feel so much better for it and l do not miss the smell on my clithes or the taste in my mouth first thing in hte morning..and yes l brushed before l went to bed..

i lknow its hard, but really one of the legal things that we do to ourselves that is literally robbing us of years.

The good side is that lve got good skin and am regualrly asked my age, because people dont believe it!

Its not that l look so young l think its that so amny people age quicker due to drink and nicotine..

you could also save the money and get yourself a really nice treat :D
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

I am a pack and a half a day girl. I started when I was 16 - that was 26 years ago!

I smoke Marlboro 100's in a box.
Sandi

Jives

Post by Jives »

My poor wife smokes. She's tried everything to quit, too. Patches, pills, even hypnosis. Nothing works. The poor girl cries herself to sleep at night she wants to quit so bad. Worse yet, my son smokes now too.

I can't smoke myself. Smoking killed my father. He suffered emphysema for a decade and although he was once a mountain man who loved to fish and backpack, the last years f his life were spent gasping for air, breathing through an oxygen tube, sitting down in the shower, and unable to cross the room without wheezing. Finally a massive heart attack got him.

They say it feels like a big man hitting you in the chest with a sledgehammer with all his strength.

From the look on my Dad's face...I'd say that is most likely true.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Bez

Post by Bez »

I've been smoking for 36 years. I have given up 3 times for a few months. The most recent was last year for 5 months. Personal problems were a factor in starting again...yes a weak excuse. I wish I didn't smoke and will give up again...for good.

I probably smoke more than 20 a day...disgusting.:(
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Raven

Post by Raven »

I've been smoking regularly since I was 17. Never more than a pack a day. Mostly at home, since I cant smoke at work. I am an unapologetic smoker. I enjoy every single one. ESPECIALLY with my coffee. Richmond Menthol, thanks. I cant get Kools here, so it's the closest equivalent. :p
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
❤miss_trouble❤

Post by ❤miss_trouble❤ »

I am a chainsmoker.....especially when im on the computer.

Iv smoked since the age of 13, and im now 24. I smoke about 15-20 a day, more when I go out with me mates.

I packed in for 5 days, and it was the most horrendous time ever. I was so ill. I couldnt sleep or anything, and just felt really depressed in general, so I started again.

Me dad packed in and he'd been smoking for 30-odd years maybe more, but he was really bad. He was hallucinating and it made him really ill. So he started again.

I dont believe in using "stop-smoking" aids either. Such as patches or gum, I believe if you have the will-power to pack in then you will be able to do it without using these methods, after all people have been packing in for years before anything like that was available.

If you really want to pack in though, dont let these side effects put you off!

Keep at it!
Slade1

Post by Slade1 »

Clancy wrote: I've been smoking since that stupid git, Sir Walter Raleigh brought the weed back from the colonies.

....20 Rothmans, please :o

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh!
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Pinky wrote: Are you a smoker? How long have you been one?

What do you smoke?

I am, although I gave up for a year and a half. I only started again due to social smoking; I thought I'd be okay with that. Then I started going out for one at work, as the people I got on with all smoked and I just kind of tagged along..:rolleyes:

All in all, I've smoked for 17 years - scary!

I smoked. I never got on with filter tips, which're absolutely foul. When I

was - oh - in my early 20s, I smoked a pipe, with a very long stem. This

was good, 'cos the bowl was far enough away not to make my eyes water,

and the "googly bits" didn't get up the stem (yuck, and *yuck* again!), and

a pipe is wonderful. Pipe tobacco was also good in cigarettes, although care

had to be taken. Cigars and snuff (although snuff is a completely different way

of getting nicotine) had their time. I stopped a few years ago - for ages there

was a pouch of tobacco, some papers, matches etc. on a shelf. I told myself

that the next one would kill me, and stopped on the instant. I still miss it, to

a degree, but - now I *know*.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

I still smoke even after breast cancer............it wasn't lung cancer!!!!!!!!!!!
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
theia

Post by theia »

Bez wrote: I've been smoking for 36 years. I have given up 3 times for a few months. The most recent was last year for 5 months. Personal problems were a factor in starting again...yes a weak excuse. I wish I didn't smoke and will give up again...for good.

I probably smoke more than 20 a day...disgusting.:(

Same here, Bez, without the recent giving up periods.

An aside: I don't pretend smoking is actually good for you but it does seem to be blamed for every single disease and illness known to man (and even those that aren't)
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Bez

Post by Bez »

While I was flat hunting, I found there several landlords didn't want Pets, Children, DSS and SMOKERS. ....that meant there were at least 2 places I couldn't go for....
theia

Post by theia »

Bez wrote: While I was flat hunting, I found there several landlords didn't want Pets, Children, DSS and SMOKERS. ....that meant there were at least 2 places I couldn't go for....

I know, Bez. I have buyers for my house and I've begun looking for somewhere to rent...I shall have learn to smoke outside
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Bez

Post by Bez »

theia wrote: I know, Bez. I have buyers for my house and I've begun looking for somewhere to rent...I shall have learn to smoke outside

Trouble is Theia, if you tell a fib on the ALL the forms you have to fill in and they smell smoke during one of their checks, I'm guessing you could get chucked out !
theia

Post by theia »

Bez wrote: Trouble is Theia, if you tell a fib on the ALL the forms you have to fill in and they smell smoke during one of their checks, I'm guessing you could get chucked out !

Yes, that's true, Bez, but I honestly think I could smoke outside and, in a way, it would help me to cut back...I'm smoking for England at present but it's only because I can...and I only enjoy about half of them...
Bez

Post by Bez »

theia wrote: Yes, that's true, Bez, but I honestly think I could smoke outside and, in a way, it would help me to cut back...I'm smoking for England at present but it's only because I can...and I only enjoy about half of them...

Is there any possibility that you can buy somewhere Theia....and Yes..I can smoke outside, no problem and i'm sure when my life settles, that I'll be able to give up.
Bez

Post by Bez »

I'm waiting for the surveyor from my sons mortgage providers to come and look at the house at the moment....chain smoking...and he's late. !!!
Daniyal

Post by Daniyal »

Pinky;307970 wrote: Are you a smoker? How long have you been one?

What do you smoke?

I am, although I gave up for a year and a half. I only started again due to social smoking; I thought I'd be okay with that. Then I started going out for one at work, as the people I got on with all smoked and I just kind of tagged along..:rolleyes:

All in all, I've smoked for 17 years - scary!

Never Smoke / Drink / Took Drug's .... :)
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

20 yrs for me smoking. Marlboro Ultra Lights.

Return to “Drugs, Alcohol Tobacco”