God and Consciousness Discussion Thread

spot

Post by spot »

Moderator note:

I apologize for interfering but I've split the original thread God and Consciousness at the point where a fight broke out. I could have deleted the fight, I could have composted the thread, I decided to split the thread and allow each strand the potential to develop.

I apologize also for making a moderating decision in a thread I was posting in, it's rather bad form.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ian;1036088 wrote: FFs don't call me an fool, you don't know anything.. do some research before you make such ignorant remarks..

you're a ****ing idiot.. I wanted to support you and you call me a fool.. :-3

learn your physics before opening your stupid mouth....

Life is an illusion.. read some books... or research Boer, Talbot schrodinger, einstein, Talbot etc etc and get a brain,,

just started research and you call someone who's study this for years a fool :-3

Listen, I don't need your support, and I didnot call you a fool, I don't even know you. I didnot address you, and have no further plans to address you.

By this display of temperment, I don't want to know you. I am very sorry that you display such explosiveness, and I willnot address you again.

I have no time for foolishness.

Peace.
spot

Post by spot »

Ian, do you not think it might be more polite to allow people the space to explore their views without explosive bad temper like this being thrown their way? All anyone can do is to attempt to construct a coherent word painting. If you don't find it coherent then by all means explain why with factual support, preferably uncontroversial factual support. The one who makes most noise is usually the one messing the thread up.

You're stuck on a definition of "real", that's all - you're ignoring the issue of viewpoint. From inside you see one thing, from outside you see another, you're not looking at the same thing but you're giving it the same label. Obviously life's real from some point of view. Obviously reality is different from what you see if you look from another point of view. If there's one thing we've learned it's that there's lots of places to look from. If you describe a system from within the illusion as real then that's a perfectly valid use of the word "real". Why do you insist that, because other perspectives allow interpretations in which that "real" is only a fragment of the new picture, only the fuller picture can be discussed meaningfully? Every perspective has meaning. A flat image in the National Gallery isn't the real Madonna and Child but it's worth going to see, there are ways in which it can be called real.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

The only dispute you have with his statement is the meaning of the words illusion and reality. From where you stand you have only one use for the words and other definitions are false and meaningless. Try to accept that from other places they have different uses and that discussion from those other places can be interesting to other people if not to you.
Daniyal

Post by Daniyal »

spot;1036493 wrote: Moderator note:

I apologize for interfering but I've split the original thread God and Consciousness at the point where a fight broke out. I could have deleted the fight, I could have composted the thread, I decided to split the thread and allow each strand the potential to develop.

I apologize also for making a moderating decision in a thread I was posting in, it's rather bad form.

Before I Can Answer This I Have To Know Which Eloheem Your Speaking Of .
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:

Return to “General Religious Discussions”