Google Street View

Discuss the latest political news.
spot

Google Street View

Post by spot »

Google Street View arrived in England today.

Here's Google's view of where Felicity lives.

The other picture is Google's view of the window behind which I'm typing at the moment.

The good news, I suppose, is that they've blurred the numberplates of the cars. Privacy obviously matters still.

Attached files
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Galbally

Google Street View

Post by Galbally »

Hmmn, call me a crusty old reactionary, but I am agin this, tooth and nail, whats next?

Google Toilet view? Its all a bit George Orwell init? What happens if the People's Republic of China buy google, or Pat Robertson's "We're torturing for Jesus" brigade?

I dunno, I dunno.

Still, nice window my boy! :)
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Odie

Google Street View

Post by Odie »

I'm missing something, could be that its just to early here, who is Felicity?
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Google Street View

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Odie;1159831 wrote: I'm missing something, could be that its just to early here, who is Felicity? You really haven't been paying attention have you? tut tut
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Google Street View

spot;1159808 wrote: Google Street View arrived in England today.

The other picture is Google's view of the window behind which I'm typing at the moment.

The good news, I suppose, is that they've blurred the numberplates of the cars. Privacy obviously matters still.

Is that Clifton Spot?............ I must get mine done.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Google Street View

Post by spot »

Odie;1159831 wrote: I'm missing something, could be that its just to early here, who is Felicity?

A girl I seem to be spending more and more time with recently.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Odie

Google Street View

Post by Odie »

spot;1159839 wrote: A girl I seem to be spending more and more time with recently.

oh I do apologize, I thought you were married.

wonderful spot!
spot

Google Street View

Post by spot »

Odie;1159840 wrote: oh I do apologize, I thought you were married.On what possible basis did you think that??
Odie

Google Street View

Post by Odie »

oscar;1159835 wrote: You really haven't been paying attention have you? tut tut

.......don't know everyone's statistics like you do.;)

If no one offers info.....how would one know?

tut tut
Odie

Google Street View

Post by Odie »

spot;1159841 wrote: On what possible basis did you think that??

because you had mentioned your daughter.
spot

Google Street View

Post by spot »

Odie;1159842 wrote: .......don't know everyone's statistics like you do.;)

If no one offers info.....how would one know?

tut tut

I think oscar's letting you know I've been boring the site with stories of Felicity for the last eight months. Though not, it would seem, in threads you've visited.
spot

Google Street View

Post by spot »

Odie;1159843 wrote: because you had mentioned your daughter.

Only her? I've been terribly unfair to the other three if I've left them hidden from view all this while.
Odie

Google Street View

Post by Odie »

spot;1159845 wrote: I think oscar's letting you know I've been boring the site with stories of Felicity for the last eight months. Though not, it would seem, in threads you've visited.

no, not in threads I have visited......and it was such a simple question.:(

and Oscar was not asked the question.;)
sunny104

Google Street View

Post by sunny104 »

what are all those thingies and antennas near your window?? And we thought Nomad's tin foil hat was bad.....:D
Oscar Namechange

Google Street View

spot;1159845 wrote: I think oscar's letting you know I've been boring the site with stories of Felicity for the last eight months. Though not, it would seem, in threads you've visited. I wouldn't say 'boring' Spot........very interesting. Especially what you did with that Dodo!!!!
spot

Google Street View

Post by spot »

sunny104;1159854 wrote: what are all those thingies and antennas near your window?? And we thought Nomad's tin foil hat was bad.....:D

Each feeds an analog or digital terrestrial television signal to one of a number of student apartments next door. They'll all but one be taken down in 2012 when UK terrestrial analog TV transmissions are discontinued, the remaining one will have a signal splitter attached. There used to be old TV aerials as well which were vertical H-shaped when it was 405 line VHF but they were cleared away, those rectangle ones up there now are 625 line UHF all pointing at the Dundry tower. The only aerial I ever made much use of was a horizontal L which pulled in Short Wave when I was a lad but I don't have that any longer.
qsducks

Google Street View

Post by qsducks »

sunny104;1159854 wrote: what are all those thingies and antennas near your window?? And we thought Nomad's tin foil hat was bad.....:D

That's so he can spy on all of us with his google board:p. He doesn't know where I live
spot

Google Street View

Post by spot »

qsducks;1159966 wrote: That's so he can spy on all of us with his google board:p. He doesn't know where I liveWho doesn't?

Sarah Jameson

4580 Idaho Avenue

Nashville TN 37209
qsducks

Google Street View

Post by qsducks »

spot;1159982 wrote: Who doesn't?

Sarah Jameson

4580 Idaho Avenue

Nashville TN 37209

Wrong! I live in a ducks nest:yh_rotfl Whose Sarah?
spot

Google Street View

Post by spot »

qsducks;1159985 wrote: Wrong! I live in a ducks nest:yh_rotfl Whose Sarah?

It was a guess.

You see, if I'd not tried there was no chance I might get it right.

Whereas if I made one up from scratch I had a... hang on.

(300 x 25) x (3 x 10^8 / 2.8):1

... around one chance in a trillion that I'd guess it exactly

at which point you'd have been AMAZED
qsducks

Google Street View

Post by qsducks »

spot;1159993 wrote: It was a guess.

You see, if I'd not tried there was no chance I might get it right.

Whereas if I made one up from scratch I had a... hang on.

(300 x 25) x (3 x 10^8 / 2.8):1

... around one chance in a trillion that I'd guess it exactly

at which point you'd have been AMAZED

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl And I had to guess I would say you are:

Herman Munster

1313 Mockingbird Lane

Drexel Hill, PA 19026
spot

Google Street View

Post by spot »

Hah! It's Way, not Lane.
qsducks

Google Street View

Post by qsducks »

spot;1159997 wrote: Hah! It's Way, not Lane.

Darn, and I was going to guess you were really Bruce Wayne who lives in the Batcave:wah:
Oscar Namechange

Google Street View

Galbally;1159812 wrote: Hmmn, call me a crusty old reactionary, but I am agin this, tooth and nail, whats next?

Google Toilet view? Its all a bit George Orwell init? What happens if the People's Republic of China buy google, or Pat Robertson's "We're torturing for Jesus" brigade?

I dunno, I dunno.

Still, nice window my boy! :) Can't you do one of your shed?
Oscar Namechange

Google Street View

Just appeared in the news

Google Street View in UK | The Sun |News

What do you think Spot?
Odie

Google Street View

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1159985 wrote: Wrong! I live in a ducks nest:yh_rotfl

and time you clean it out woman!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Google Street View

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1160090 wrote: and time you clean it out woman!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I saw your friend Robin the Robin today picking up stuff on the side of the yard and explained to Quin...the Robin was getting busy to put her nest together. It was fascinating too watch Robin doing her "motherly duties".:)
Odie

Google Street View

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1160095 wrote: I saw your friend Robin the Robin today picking up stuff on the side of the yard and explained to Quin...the Robin was getting busy to put her nest together. It was fascinating too watch Robin doing her "motherly duties".:)

so stop complaining that she poos!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

She's a mother to.:D
qsducks

Google Street View

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1160101 wrote: so stop complaining that she poos!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

She's a mother to.:D

Yeah, but I don't poop on the car:yh_rotfl
Odie

Google Street View

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1160115 wrote: Yeah, but I don't poop on the car:yh_rotfl

that's because you have toilets, maybe not fixed ones...........:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Google Street View

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1160121 wrote: that's because you have toilets, maybe not fixed ones...........:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Do you believe it's broken again?:mad: Jeez, not even a month! Some plumber!
Odie

Google Street View

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1160130 wrote: Do you believe it's broken again?:mad: Jeez, not even a month! Some plumber!

no?

get a real plumber!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Google Street View

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1160139 wrote: no?

get a real plumber!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Well, we know the toilet is beat at this point. Kids & tp don't mix.:-5
Odie

Google Street View

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1160152 wrote: Well, we know the toilet is beat at this point. Kids & tp don't mix.:-5

tell them what my dad used to tell me, 5 pieces only!
sunny104

Google Street View

Post by sunny104 »

spot;1159869 wrote: Each feeds an analog or digital terrestrial television signal to one of a number of student apartments next door. They'll all but one be taken down in 2012 when UK terrestrial analog TV transmissions are discontinued, the remaining one will have a signal splitter attached. There used to be old TV aerials as well which were vertical H-shaped when it was 405 line VHF but they were cleared away, those rectangle ones up there now are 625 line UHF all pointing at the Dundry tower. The only aerial I ever made much use of was a horizontal L which pulled in Short Wave when I was a lad but I don't have that any longer.

ok but if you start glowing in the dark or notice a diminished mental capacity or a lower sperm count be sure and check in with the girls at the FG hospital just in case....:D
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Google Street View

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Not reached the village yet but it worries me that I can see straight into my bedroom window at the flat.
Kathy Ellen

Google Street View

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I've been trying to download a pic of my childhood home so I could upload it to photobucket & FG. I tried to email it t my phone & email addy to no avail. I'm using Adobe Flash Player 10 and it's not working. I can't even download a Youtube video.....I have to put up the full link instead of just the video.

I'm trying to understand why Adobe is not working.

Return to “Current Political Events”