Running Around

chonsigirl

Running Around

Post by chonsigirl »

Well, didn't know which forum to stick this in exactly.

In tae kwon do, the master makes us run before class. 3-5 minutes before exercising. Now, I have never been a runner. It is not the leg work, the breathing, by the end my stomach is quite upset. I do not want to get sick and all in class. I can do all the other stuff-100 jumping jacks, knee-bends, yadda-yadda. But what do I do not to get sick to my stomach?

I asked the boys PE coach at school, he told me not to eat before class. (I eat about 2-3 hours before class, not a heavy dinner-usually veggies, some cheese, little meat, fruit juice) But if I don't eat, I can get dizzy and all whenever I exercise.

Any suggestions out there for what I should do? I have class 3 times a week, no din-din, and I'm afraid I will loose weight again. That is not my goal, I may have 5-10 to spare, but then I am underweight for me.
Lon

Running Around

Post by Lon »

chonsigirl;1158739 wrote: Well, didn't know which forum to stick this in exactly.

In tae kwon do, the master makes us run before class. 3-5 minutes before exercising. Now, I have never been a runner. It is not the leg work, the breathing, by the end my stomach is quite upset. I do not want to get sick and all in class. I can do all the other stuff-100 jumping jacks, knee-bends, yadda-yadda. But what do I do not to get sick to my stomach?

I asked the boys PE coach at school, he told me not to eat before class. (I eat about 2-3 hours before class, not a heavy dinner-usually veggies, some cheese, little meat, fruit juice) But if I don't eat, I can get dizzy and all whenever I exercise.

Any suggestions out there for what I should do? I have class 3 times a week, no din-din, and I'm afraid I will loose weight again. That is not my goal, I may have 5-10 to spare, but then I am underweight for me.

Seriously------get some small pieces ginger to chew on just before and as you run-----------your stomach will settle.
chonsigirl

Running Around

Post by chonsigirl »

Thank you Lon, I will try that. :)
Odie

Running Around

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1158739 wrote: Well, didn't know which forum to stick this in exactly.

see, when I run, my stomach hurts as well, I think its the muscles.
Life is just to short for drama.
chonsigirl

Running Around

Post by chonsigirl »

It's not the muscles for me, it is the up and down repititive motion that makes me ill. I still get motion sickness, never like to sit in the passenger's seat.
Odie

Running Around

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1158781 wrote: It's not the muscles for me, it is the up and down repititive motion that makes me ill. I still get motion sickness, never like to sit in the passenger's seat.

so if its motion sickness, perhaps not run?

not good when your body is telling you no.;)
Life is just to short for drama.
Lon

Running Around

Post by Lon »

Odie;1158765 wrote: see, when I run, my stomach hurts as well, I think its the muscles.

If your stomach hurts when you run it's probably because you are out of shape and don't run or exercise on a regular basis. Duh!!!
CARLA

Running Around

Post by CARLA »

Maybe cut out the fruit juice that can cause an upset stomach while running. I can drink anything but water when I exercise or gator aid the rest just bubbles in my stomach.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

mrsK

Running Around

Post by mrsK »

Before I got into shape I used to get really sick after going to pump class.

I nearly gave it up a few times.

Started to notice the fitter I got the less sick I was:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
cars

Running Around

Post by cars »

CARLA;1158807 wrote: Maybe cut out the fruit juice that can cause an upset stomach while running. I can drink anything but water when I exercise or gator aid the rest just bubbles in my stomach.
I'm with CARLA, I also say skip the fruit juice! Have a glass of water filled with ICE. Ice water seems to slip down easily.

It's rather strange that you get sick from the up & down motion from running, but not the up & down motion from jumping jacks.
Cars :)

Return to “Health and Drug Concerns”