Womens Professional Soccer League!!!!!!!...

Discuss all types of sports.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

I know this forum isn't exactly an overly sports oriented group but it seems to me that SOMEONE!!!! would have talked about the new WOMENS PROFESSIONAL SOCCER LEAGUE!!!!!! Women's Professional Soccer - home of pro soccer players :: Homepage !!!!!!...

Especially considering that one of our very owns niece is playing for FC Gold Pride(Bay Area)!!!!! :yh_eyebro FCGoldPride.com | The Hat Trick Package !!!!!!!!!

What say you!!!!!!
Odie

Post by Odie »

where the hell have you been?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1157962 wrote: where the hell have you been?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I was waiting for Fulham to win an away game before I could show me sleezy face around "these here hills"!!!!!!!!

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_wink

:yh_kiss
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

KS good to see you. Yes my Niece Rachel Buehler is playing for the "Pride" they actually have a pre season game tonight against the LA team. I was going to go but had to work. Rachel just got back from the WNT Algrave Cup Classic which they lost in a barn burner that went to PK's 4-3 Sweden. She also was on the 2008 WNT Olympic team that won the GOLD in the Olympics. Hopefully the WPS will draw crowds she is living in the Bay area for six months for the season that starts in April.

Here is a link to a great article about Rachel "There is only one Rachel Buehler"

http://centercircle.ussoccer.com/fullSt ... 77833.html

Attached files
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA;1157971 wrote: KS good to see you. Yes my Niece Rachel Buehler is playing for the "Pride" they actually have a pre season game tonight against the LA team. I was going to go but had to work. Rachel just got back from the WNT Algrave Cup Classic which they lost in a barn burner that went to PK's 4-3 Sweden. She also was on the 2008 WNT Olympic team that won the GOLD in the Olympics. Hopefully the WPS will draw crowds she is living in the Bay area for six months for the season that starts in April.

Here is a link to a great article about Rachel "There is only one Rachel Buehler"

The Official Site of U.S. Soccer - Center Circle

:yh_think...

It sounds so much nicer when you tell it!!!!!!!...

:wah:...

:yh_wink!!!!!!!!!

:yh_giggles!!!!!!!!...

:yh_kiss!!!!!!!!!...

:yh_wink!!!!!!!!!...

How are you CARLA? It's nice to see you!!!!!!

:yh_kiss!!!!!!!!!!...

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Here's Rachels profile at womensprosoccer.com !!!!!!!!...

Women's Professional Soccer - home of pro soccer players :: Player Bio ...

It's safe to say that FC Gold Pride has a new fan!!!!!!...

:yh_kiss!!!!!!!!!...

:yh_wink...

:yh_kiss...
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Being from the UK I luvs me football. The womens league here is of a reasonable standard. At club level its totally dominated by Arsenal Ladies.

Womens soccer in the states is of a much higher standard, probably the highest in the world. It seems to have had a bigger impact for women there than maybe mens soccer.

I'm pretty sure USA women will just about dominate world soccer for the forseeable future. Maybe China. Our women are a little bit better at cricket :D
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I'm doing good KS and you?? Thank you for being a fan. They won their first pre season game Thursday 6-1. Just texted my sister who is at the game and LA is winning 1-0. Not sure Rachel is playing they need to thin the roster and she is a bit beat up from the Algrave Cup. ;)

[QUOTE]It's safe to say that FC Gold Pride has a new fan!!!!!!...[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Snowfire the US WNT has some of the toughest women I have ever seen play the game, my Niece being one of them. They just play at a different level then other national teams. I love the game. :)

[QUOTE]Being from the UK I luvs me football. The womens league here is of a reasonable standard. At club level its totally dominated by Arsenal Ladies.

Womens soccer in the states is of a much higher standard, probably the highest in the world. It seems to have had a bigger impact for women there than maybe mens soccer.

I'm pretty sure USA women will just about dominate world soccer for the forseeable future. Maybe China. Our women are a little bit better at cricket [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Snowfire;1157988 wrote: Being from the UK I luvs me football. The womens league here is of a reasonable standard. At club level its totally dominated by Arsenal Ladies.

I'm pretty sure USA women will just about dominate world soccer for the forseeable future. Maybe China. Our women are a little bit better at cricket :D

I wouldn't say "dominate" at all...

In fact, at present, I wouldn't say anything remotely close to "dominate" in regards to international womens soccer. Yes, The USA Womens National Team has been and probably always will be a world powerhouse at soccer/football, but other womens' national teams have come very far over the past 15 years!(Exclamation of encouragement and not a direct result of assertion)...

15 years ago?...Yes!...

Now?...

No!...

Not at all...

But as alluded to, the US womens national coccer/football team is among the best in the world!...

If you were to say those words in regards to fast pitch womens softball(Do men actually play fast pitch softball!?!???!?!? :confused: :wah: ) the Aussies around "these here hills!!!!!!!!" would probably "have a go" at your "BLEEDIN" neck!!!!!!!!!... :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl...<--------Those would be Aussies with an extreme amount of Cockney dialectal influences!!!!!!!!! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl...

Odie

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1157970 wrote: I was waiting for Fulham to win an away game before I could show me sleezy face around "these here hills"!!!!!!!!

your face is not sleezy and I had been asking you in the where is this member thread.

so glad to see you back!:-4
Life is just to short for drama.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA;1157989 wrote: I'm doing good KS and you?? Thank you for being a fan. They won their first pre season game Thursday 6-1. Just texted my sister who is at the game and LA is winning 1-0. Not sure Rachel is playing they need to thin the roster and she is a bit beat up from the Algrave Cup. ;)

I'M DOING GREAT!!!!!!...THANK YOU!!!!!...:yh_wink!!!!!!!!...:yh_kiss!!!!!!!!!...:wah:...

Yes, I'm sure she is after a long trip and a fierce competition!...

I'll tune in to the game right now before I head off to bed!...

I have a headache at the moment!...:yh_sad!!!!!!!...

:wah:!!!!!!!!!!!...:yh_think!!!!!!!!!!...:wah:!!!!!!!!!!!...:yh_sad!!!!!!!!!!...

You know!,..if you're having trouble finding a broadcast you can always look for a stream online!

If you're interested I will try and find one for you and give you the link!

In fact,..if it's permissible I will send one anyway!

Worst that can happen is they can delete it!

:yh_wink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

:yh_kiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

:yh_giggles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

:yh_blush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

:wah:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

:yh_kiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

:wah:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

:yh_wink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

:yh_kiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

:rolleyes:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

:yh_blush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1158010 wrote: your face is not sleezy and I had been asking you in the where is this member thread.

so glad to see you back!:-4

It would have been if Fulham would have lost after going 1-0 up to Bolton at home!!!!!!!!!

:wah:

Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

K.Snyder;1158006 wrote: I wouldn't say "dominate" at all...

In fact, at present, I wouldn't say anything remotely close to "dominate" in regards to international womens soccer. Yes, The USA Womens National Team has been and probably always will be a world powerhouse at soccer/football, but other womens' national teams have come very far over the past 15 years!(Exclamation of encouragement and not a direct result of assertion)...

Maybe just a perception from over here. Womens football has never really caught on here in the way it has in the US. Its always been seen as a minority sport because of the enormity of British football as a whole and the Premiership in particular. Our girls are never gonna compete at International level to the extent USA are. We'd be happy to see our girls reach maybe the semis of a World Cup but we know anything better is unlikely. The funding and interest is not there. They'll never get a look in.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Snowfire;1158104 wrote: Maybe just a perception from over here. Womens football has never really caught on here in the way it has in the US. Its always been seen as a minority sport because of the enormity of British football as a whole and the Premiership in particular. Our girls are never gonna compete at International level to the extent USA are. We'd be happy to see our girls reach maybe the semis of a World Cup but we know anything better is unlikely. The funding and interest is not there. They'll never get a look in.

you are right there:rolleyes:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”