To my family at FG...

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
shelbell

To my family at FG...

Post by shelbell »

My words are not enough to thank all of you that sent your wishes, hopes, prayers and good thoughts.

The visitation was so very hard to make it thru. Today was the funeral which was almost unbearable...I wanted to run out of the chapel and just scream "this is NOT real, it is a nightmare that I can't wake up from". My youngest daughter Jessi (16) has also taken this really hard. She has been beside me or close by the whole time. I think she's watching me to make sure I'm ok, and watching to make sure I don't go away too. That girl is my reason for hanging on and not giving up, whether she realizes it or not.:-4:-4

Thank you all for the beautiful plants and flowers. I can't wait til it's warm enough to plant them safetly outside. It will be a wonderful thing for me to do with all my daughters and grandsons.:-4

To floppy: Diane you have no idea what an impact you had on me these past two days. I was so glad you finally got to meet my girls, and now you understand what I'm talking about when I talk about the bond I have with Jessi. Thanks so much for the hugs, kisses, and I love you's...I wont tell anyone about the tears, I wouldn't want to ruin your reputation! :wah: I love you girl!:-4:-4

To Odie: Joan, you have given me so much support for so long. Listening to all my life crap that was going on. Then this happened and all that other stuff just went to the curb. I loved hearing from you on the phone. It was so good to actually put a voice to your face and your words, and in that you gave me comfort. I love you too sis. :-4:-4

Thank you all.

:-4Shel

Attached files
shelbell

To my family at FG...

Post by shelbell »

I just had to post one more picture in memory of Grant, doing what he loved so much...being at a Chicago Cubs game and singing his heart out. I love you baby.:-4

Attached files
mrsK

To my family at FG...

Post by mrsK »

Hugs to you Shel:-4:-4
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
abbey

To my family at FG...

Post by abbey »

My thoughts are with you Shell. :yh_flower
Chezzie

To my family at FG...

Post by Chezzie »

Hold tight to memories for comfort Shel:-4

Words seem inadequate to express the sadness we feel for you:-4

Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow. We are here for you babe:-4
kayleneaussie

To my family at FG...

Post by kayleneaussie »

Thinking of you every day Shel:-4:-4 All my love goes to you and you daughter:-4:-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
pinkchick

To my family at FG...

Post by pinkchick »

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :-4:-4:-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
OpenMind

To my family at FG...

Post by OpenMind »

Take care, Shelbell and thank you for your posts sharing your thoughts and words with us.

We're always here for you, but you know that anyway.:-4:-4
Kathy Ellen

To my family at FG...

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello Shell:-4

My heart goes out to you:-4
Galbally

To my family at FG...

Post by Galbally »

I am so sorry to hear of your troubles shell.

Best wishes to you and your family. :-4
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Ally

To my family at FG...

Post by Ally »

Oh shell my heartfelt feelings are with you and your daughter,i just cant imagine wot ur feeling at this moment i am thinking of you.:-4:-4
kazalala

To my family at FG...

Post by kazalala »

love and hugs Shell:-4:-4:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

To my family at FG...

Post by G#Gill »

((( Shell and family )))
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
along-for-the-ride

To my family at FG...

Post by along-for-the-ride »

For you shellbell and your family;

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

To my family at FG...

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1157362 wrote: My words are not enough to thank all of you that sent your wishes, hopes, prayers and good thoughts.

The visitation was so very hard to make it thru. Today was the funeral which was almost unbearable...I wanted to run out of the chapel and just scream "this is NOT real, it is a nightmare that I can't wake up from". My youngest daughter Jessi (16) has also taken this really hard. She has been beside me or close by the whole time. I think she's watching me to make sure I'm ok, and watching to make sure I don't go away too. That girl is my reason for hanging on and not giving up, whether she realizes it or not.:-4:-4

Thank you all for the beautiful plants and flowers. I can't wait til it's warm enough to plant them safetly outside. It will be a wonderful thing for me to do with all my daughters and grandsons.:-4

To Odie: Joan, you have given me so much support for so long. Listening to all my life crap that was going on. Then this happened and all that other stuff just went to the curb. I loved hearing from you on the phone. It was so good to actually put a voice to your face and your words, and in that you gave me comfort. I love you too sis. :-4:-4

Thank you all.

:-4Shel

It is special to hear friends voices over the phone, it gives a touch of warmth. Now that we have spoken, we will be speaking even more, pretty soon you will be saying, oh gosh, what does she want now!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

We have gone thru some pretty tough times, but we have also gone through some great ones...that is what sisters do...and I will always be cheering you on.:-4

Get as much sleep as you can, this will make you a little stronger to face the day...grieve as much as you want.....it relives tension and stress....try and keep busy and do things now for you.

...take one day at at time.

Love, Joan xo:-4
Life is just to short for drama.
mikeinie

To my family at FG...

Post by mikeinie »

Just saw the posts, I am so sorry for you loss.

My thoughts are with you.
shelbell

To my family at FG...

Post by shelbell »

Thank you all again. Today it's been a week, and the hardest day yet. The realities and finalities of it all are really starting to sink in. Today I wonder if my broken heart will ever mend. :yh_brokeh:-1:-1
qsducks

To my family at FG...

Post by qsducks »

Good morning Shel. Yes, I've been thinking of you and wish you the best and will keep you in my thoughts. Luvs ya babe:-4
sunny104

To my family at FG...

Post by sunny104 »

sending you lots of love and hugs! :-4
Odie

To my family at FG...

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1158370 wrote: Thank you all again. Today it's been a week, and the hardest day yet. The realities and finalities of it all are really starting to sink in. Today I wonder if my broken heart will ever mend. :yh_brokeh:-1:-1

yes sis.....its the after when everything is over...to much time to think.

your heart will go on.:-4
Life is just to short for drama.
CARLA

To my family at FG...

Post by CARLA »

Shell your in my prayers. You must grieve and take as long as necessary, surround yourself with loved ones and talk, talk, talk, about your beloved husband and the love you shared with him and your daughter. When my dad died at a very young age my mother and 2 sisters sat around my parents kitchen table for days crying, talking, laughing until we felt strong enough to get up and move forward 1 day at a time. :-6:-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Imladris

To my family at FG...

Post by Imladris »

Shell, just take one day at a time. You will have good days and bad days. Don't be afraid to curl up and shut the world out when you need to.

Take everything at your pace, don't rush to make any decisions - you alone will know when you are ready to tackle anything.

The best advice I heard is to make no major decisions until at least one year and one day after a bereavement - give yourself time to cope with each anniversary or family occasion at least once, then you'll know how you'll feel for the next time they come around.

Keep talking to us here - we'll listen and send cyber hugs every time you need them. :-4
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
shelbell

To my family at FG...

Post by shelbell »

qsducks;1158447 wrote: Good morning Shel. Yes, I've been thinking of you and wish you the best and will keep you in my thoughts. Luvs ya babe:-4

Thanks ducky...love you too hun. :-4
shelbell

To my family at FG...

Post by shelbell »

All my family here has been great. One thing no one has mentioned so far is....DON'T LISTEN TO SAPPY, SAD, LOVE SONGS! That is not a good thing to do at a time like this.
flopstock

To my family at FG...

Post by flopstock »

shelbell;1159266 wrote: All my family here has been great. One thing no one has mentioned so far is....DON'T LISTEN TO SAPPY, SAD, LOVE SONGS! That is not a good thing to do at a time like this.

Forget that crap... I won't ever be able to sit through a chorus of go cubs go :guitaristagain.. you creep!:p
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

shelbell

To my family at FG...

Post by shelbell »

flopstock;1159269 wrote: Forget that crap... I won't ever be able to sit through a chorus of go cubs go :guitaristagain.. you creep!:p

You got that right...that's all I've been wearing is all his favorite Cubs shirts. I think any of the Cubbie songs would do it. The hat in the pic is the one Jessi wore during the visitation and it now sits in the back window of her car. She gets to keep that hat and the shirt she wore. She knows those were two of his favorite things. :)

Return to “Bereaved People”