Thoughts and Prayers...

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
flopstock

Thoughts and Prayers...

Post by flopstock »

:-1:-1from those of you who believe...

Someone I've come to like and respect in real life is having a horrendous life moment...

Think of my friend shelbel today..:-1:-1:-4:-4:-4:-4:-4:-4:-4:-4
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

sunny104

Thoughts and Prayers...

Post by sunny104 »

prayers for shelbel! :yh_hugs
kazalala

Thoughts and Prayers...

Post by kazalala »

:-4:-4:-4:-6

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Galbally

Thoughts and Prayers...

Post by Galbally »

Sorry to hear that, very shocking. How awful for her. :(
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Kindle

Thoughts and Prayers...

Post by Kindle »

Know that God is there with you during this trying time. He is there in the hugs, comfort and caring of all your friends..................

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
abbey

Thoughts and Prayers...

Post by abbey »

Shell and her daughter are in my thoughts. :yh_flower:yh_flower
shelbell

Thoughts and Prayers...

Post by shelbell »

Thanks everyone for your kind words, it means so much to me.:-4
shelbell

Thoughts and Prayers...

Post by shelbell »

flopstock;1154264 wrote: :-1:-1from those of you who believe...

Someone I've come to like and respect in real life is having a horrendous life moment...

Think of my friend shelbel today..:-1:-1:-4:-4:-4:-4:-4:-4:-4:-4

Thanks so much floppy for your support and for starting this thread. :-4
Kathy Ellen

Thoughts and Prayers...

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Shell:-4

As I said on your other thread, you are always in our hearts:-4
shelbell

Thoughts and Prayers...

Post by shelbell »

Hey floppy, have you ever thought of a career in writing greeting cards??? I just saw your journal entry and it was beautiful...Thanks. :-4
Odie

Thoughts and Prayers...

Post by Odie »

shel already knows I'm always there for her.:-4

(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))

you did good today babe, I'm proud at what you have accomplished!;)
Life is just to short for drama.
Odie

Thoughts and Prayers...

Post by Odie »

Thoughts on Grief

I was looking for a quotation recently, to share with some friends who are mourning. I decided to quit the search, because nearly everything I found instructed people to weep no more, which is not the sentiment I want to convey. I'm in favor of shedding tears when things hurt. Tears are healing. They have a way of washing away some of the sadness, and allowing moments of joy to surface and be seen with great clarity.

This recent loss has caused me to think back over the grieving process in depth, which I haven't done for a couple of years. I had written a letter then, to a friend who was grieving, and who was surprised at the strength of the grief. Writing that letter helped me clarify the thoughts that I've had about the subject over the years.

Grief is intensely personal. Every one of us experiences it differently. But there are some close-to-universals about it that seem to be true for most in grief.

Never be embarrassed about grief. It is human, and comes to us all. There is no one day when you should be over a loss. Grief will ease, but in its time.

Grief is work. It is tiring, and requires lots of energy. That's one reason you need to go ahead and try to eat, even if you're not hungry; and rest, even if sleep is elusive.

A very real factor of grief is anger. Anger at the person whose not being there caused the grief (doesn't matter why the person is gone), anger at God, anger at yourself, and anger at whatever. This is sometimes surprisingly strong. But it is normal and healthy.

Grief is also a sneaky thing. Just when you think it has eased, and you'll have a "normal" day, something comes along that makes grief kick in. You run across something that reminds you of your loss, and it's as though you've been slapped. This is also normal, and to be expected. And don't forget this frequently happens on anniversaries.

-Rebecca Carpenter,Grief Counselor.
Life is just to short for drama.
shelbell

Thoughts and Prayers...

Post by shelbell »

Those are all good things to keep in mind as we all have our own grief and have to deal with it in our own personal way.
flopstock

Thoughts and Prayers...

Post by flopstock »

shelbell;1160242 wrote: Hey floppy, have you ever thought of a career in writing greeting cards??? I just saw your journal entry and it was beautiful...Thanks. :-4

I've spent too many years perfecting this computer geek persona, don't ya know?:D
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

shelbell

Thoughts and Prayers...

Post by shelbell »

flopstock;1160256 wrote: I've spent too many years perfecting this computer geek persona, don't ya know?:D

Yeah, but it almost had me bawling my eyes out!! Think I'm a bit sensitive still?

Return to “Bereaved People”