Snow

A forum to discuss local issues in WV, VA, KY, TN, NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, AR, LA, FL
skinsguy

Snow

Post by skinsguy »

We have not had a good snowfall in Southside VA in years! In the last three years, Martinsville, VA might have had 5 inches total! Well, we made up for it yesterday and last night! I'm home from work today.....we had around 8 inches of snow! Of course, most of us are not prepared for such a snowfall....especially since it's March now! Funny thing...by Saturday....it's supposed to be 70 degrees...lol!!!!:wah:
Thanks,

Skinsguy
qsducks

Snow

Post by qsducks »

skinsguy;1149060 wrote: We have not had a good snowfall in Southside VA in years! In the last three years, Martinsville, VA might have had 5 inches total! Well, we made up for it yesterday and last night! I'm home from work today.....we had around 8 inches of snow! Of course, most of us are not prepared for such a snowfall....especially since it's March now! Funny thing...by Saturday....it's supposed to be 70 degrees...lol!!!!:wah:

That storm is still with us at the mo. 6" so far for the Philadelphia burbs and Noo Joisey got more than we did. Snow on the boardwalk. It is freezing out with howling winds.
Hope6

Snow

Post by Hope6 »

hubby went out and measured ours in the front yard this morning, 9 inches! :-6
skinsguy

Snow

Post by skinsguy »

I don't mind seeing a good snowfall, since it doesn't snow that much here anymore. But, when you finally get into the month of March (my birthday month..yeh) then you start looking forward to springtime!

It's weird to think that by Saturday, I'll be outside in short sleeves!
Thanks,

Skinsguy
qsducks

Snow

Post by qsducks »

skinsguy;1149083 wrote: I don't mind seeing a good snowfall, since it doesn't snow that much here anymore. But, when you finally get into the month of March (my birthday month..yeh) then you start looking forward to springtime!

My birthday is in March too and it has snowed on that day before. 1993 we got a white hurricane thanks to you folks in the South:wah:. That storm left us with a foot of snow that didn't melt until April.
Hope6

Snow

Post by Hope6 »

skinsguy;1149083 wrote: I don't mind seeing a good snowfall, since it doesn't snow that much here anymore. But, when you finally get into the month of March (my birthday month..yeh) then you start looking forward to springtime!

its been years since we've had a snowfall of this size, but yeah its really weird to think its gonna be 70 by Saturday! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Snow

Post by qsducks »

Only 43 degrees here on Friday. Nothing to brag about:wah:
skinsguy

Snow

Post by skinsguy »

qsducks;1149088 wrote: My birthday is in March too and it has snowed on that day before. 1993 we got a white hurricane thanks to you folks in the South:wah:. That storm left us with a foot of snow that didn't melt until April.

Well before I forget, Happy Birthday to ya! My birthday is on St. Patrick's Day! You know how I'm celebrating it? Having to go on a business trip to Baltimore with my boss! Fun, fun, fun! :(
Thanks,

Skinsguy
qsducks

Snow

Post by qsducks »

skinsguy;1149101 wrote: Well before I forget, Happy Birthday to ya! My birthday is on St. Patrick's Day! You know how I'm celebrating it? Having to go on a business trip to Baltimore with my boss! Fun, fun, fun! :(

Mine is the Friday before yours so watch out for black cats, cracked mirrors & don't walk under any ladders. The 13th:sneaky:
chonsigirl

Snow

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, Ravens territory. :wah:

We got out of school today! :-6
skinsguy

Snow

Post by skinsguy »

qsducks;1149103 wrote: Mine is the Friday before yours so watch out for black cats, cracked mirrors & don't walk under any ladders. The 13th:sneaky:

Oh man, another Friday the 13th? You know, I usually have better luck on friday the 13th. Does that mean I'm cursed? :-2
Thanks,

Skinsguy
qsducks

Snow

Post by qsducks »

skinsguy;1149106 wrote: Oh man, another Friday the 13th? You know, I usually have better luck on friday the 13th. Does that mean I'm cursed? :-2

No and I consider it a lucky day.:wah: I only hex some peeps:wah::sneaky:
skinsguy

Snow

Post by skinsguy »

qsducks;1149108 wrote: No and I consider it a lucky day.:wah: I only hex some peeps:wah::sneaky:

:wah: I'll make sure I stay on your good side then...despite you being a Birds fan! :)
Thanks,

Skinsguy
qsducks

Snow

Post by qsducks »

skinsguy;1149112 wrote: :wah: I'll make sure I stay on your good side then...despite you being a Birds fan! :)

I'm more of a Phillies fan as I think baseball is a more exciting sport to watch:wah: Hey, is it still snowing down your way?
skinsguy

Snow

Post by skinsguy »

qsducks;1149116 wrote: I'm more of a Phillies fan as I think baseball is a more exciting sport to watch:wah: Hey, is it still snowing down your way?

Sun is out and it is melting the snow (even though it is in the low 30's here.) My road has been scraped and is completely clear now! I'm just hoping my driveway melts before tomorrow (I have no snow shovel or chemicals to put down!)

This was the one big snowfall that I have been wanting to see and it served it's purpose (of me having Monday off!) Now, I'm ready to get rid of the snow and say hello to the 60's and 70's!
Thanks,

Skinsguy
qsducks

Snow

Post by qsducks »

skinsguy;1149418 wrote: Sun is out and it is melting the snow (even though it is in the low 30's here.) My road has been scraped and is completely clear now! I'm just hoping my driveway melts before tomorrow (I have no snow shovel or chemicals to put down!)

This was the one big snowfall that I have been wanting to see and it served it's purpose (of me having Monday off!) Now, I'm ready to get rid of the snow and say hello to the 60's and 70's!

We are getting that 3rd batch right now. I agree with you there dude as it was nice to finally see some real snow....looking probs at a 2 hr delay for school tomorrow as it will all ice up tonight.:-5 Always count on March for weird weather! I'll take the 60's but not the 70's yet (music wise:yh_rotfl)
skinsguy

Snow

Post by skinsguy »

qsducks;1149424 wrote: We are getting that 3rd batch right now. I agree with you there dude as it was nice to finally see some real snow....looking probs at a 2 hr delay for school tomorrow as it will all ice up tonight.:-5 Always count on March for weird weather! I'll take the 60's but not the 70's yet (music wise:yh_rotfl)

True that! I'll probably go in late tomorrow, because my "snow car" is out of commission right now, and the only car I have on the road is my mustang GT. NOT a snow car!
Thanks,

Skinsguy
qsducks

Snow

Post by qsducks »

skinsguy;1149433 wrote: True that! I'll probably go in late tomorrow, because my "snow car" is out of commission right now, and the only car I have on the road is my mustang GT. NOT a snow car!

I used to have a Honda Civic but would gas it up before a storm, throw my daughter's 50lb stroller into the back and I was fine. Saved me from driving into a tree:wah:
skinsguy

Snow

Post by skinsguy »

qsducks;1149453 wrote: I used to have a Honda Civic but would gas it up before a storm, throw my daughter's 50lb stroller into the back and I was fine. Saved me from driving into a tree:wah:

I heard that!

Yeah my Sentra is almost back on the road, but by the time I get it running again, I won't have to worry about snow..lol!

Ah well, I need to start driving it again anyways. Don't want to put too many miles on the 'stang.
Thanks,

Skinsguy
qsducks

Snow

Post by qsducks »

skinsguy;1149458 wrote: I heard that!

Yeah my Sentra is almost back on the road, but by the time I get it running again, I won't have to worry about snow..lol!

Ah well, I need to start driving it again anyways. Don't want to put too many miles on the 'stang.

That little Honda was the best car I ever owned till it died and the family got a little bigger:wah:. Now I have a Ford Explorer which I like but not love. Wasn't my decision:mad: to buy it. I wanted the Honda Pilot!
skinsguy

Snow

Post by skinsguy »

qsducks;1149461 wrote: That little Honda was the best car I ever owned till it died and the family got a little bigger:wah:. Now I have a Ford Explorer which I like but not love. Wasn't my decision:mad: to buy it. I wanted the Honda Pilot!

The Honda CRVs are pretty nice and spacious!
Thanks,

Skinsguy
qsducks

Snow

Post by qsducks »

skinsguy;1149510 wrote: The Honda CRVs are pretty nice and spacious!

the only other peep on this forum who I think has a Mustang is Mustang!:wah: Or maybe he's just talking about the horse.:thinking:
skinsguy

Snow

Post by skinsguy »

qsducks;1150248 wrote: the only other peep on this forum who I think has a Mustang is Mustang!:wah: Or maybe he's just talking about the horse.:thinking:

I got mine in '06. Yes, I've gotten one ticket in it so far....but hey, it happens!
Thanks,

Skinsguy
Odie

Snow

Post by Odie »

skinsguy;1149510 wrote: The Honda CRVs are pretty nice and spacious!

awesome they are!
Life is just to short for drama.
Peg

Snow

Post by Peg »

No snow here in Ohio. YAY!!!! :-6
skinsguy

Snow

Post by skinsguy »

Well the snow is rapidly melting and by the weekend, we are going to be 75 degrees, and sunny! WOW!!! Talk about a turn in the weather! I Cannot wait! I hate the winter time!
Thanks,

Skinsguy
Odie

Snow

Post by Odie »

tis all melted here now!:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
Nomad

Snow

Post by Nomad »

The weather guys are drunk.

'Big Storm Coming' 'Record Snowfalls'

Never happens.

I cant respect a drunk weather guy.
I AM AWESOME MAN
skinsguy

Snow

Post by skinsguy »

Nomad;1154952 wrote: The weather guys are drunk.

'Big Storm Coming' 'Record Snowfalls'

Never happens.

I cant respect a drunk weather guy.

LOL! I'll tell you one thing! After this past weekend with highes in the 80's and nothing but sunny blue skies, I don't want to see another snow flake! Of course it's going back to the 40's this weekend, but at least I've gotten a taste of spring (and I cannot wait!!!)
Thanks,

Skinsguy
Nomad

Snow

Post by Nomad »

skinsguy;1155553 wrote: LOL! I'll tell you one thing! After this past weekend with highes in the 80's and nothing but sunny blue skies, I don't want to see another snow flake! Of course it's going back to the 40's this weekend, but at least I've gotten a taste of spring (and I cannot wait!!!)

VA as in hospital ? hee hee

No really its pretty mild there anyway isnt it ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

Snow

Post by qsducks »

No snow here anymore. Had a white hurricane on my birthday one year...so rare for March. that mess didn't melt till April.:-5
skinsguy

Snow

Post by skinsguy »

qsducks;1156418 wrote: No snow here anymore. Had a white hurricane on my birthday one year...so rare for March. that mess didn't melt till April.:-5

A white hurricane?
Thanks,

Skinsguy

Return to “South East”