Too long without

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Too long without

Post by Oscar Namechange »

After a far too long wait..... tonight will see the arrival of my new Surround sound system. I blew the last one.

Finally, i can play my Stranglers and Stones dvd's in surround sound instead of on the hi fi until it vibrates.

Has anyone else got these?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks

Too long without

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1136660 wrote: After a far too long wait..... tonight will see the arrival of my new Surround sound system. I blew the last one.

Finally, i can play my Stranglers and Stones dvd's in surround sound instead of on the hi fi until it vibrates.

Only in my truck. Crank up the tunes loudly of course not with the kidlets in it. Sensitive ears and all that. Love the Stones, Eric Clapton & U2.
Oscar Namechange

Too long without

qsducks;1136710 wrote: Only in my truck. Crank up the tunes loudly of course not with the kidlets in it. Sensitive ears and all that. Love the Stones, Eric Clapton & U2.

IT'S HERE :yh_party:yh_party:yh_party

The last one was 80 watts, this one is 400 :guitarist:guitarist

BONO ROCKS :guitarist
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Too long without

Post by spot »

I do possess speakers, they have no pretensions to surround sound though. They're for if someone else is in the room and I want to be sociable. I can't remember the last time I turned the amplifier on - last October or so at a guess. I use Sennheiser HD 280 pro enclosed headphones for the clarity and to avoid disturbing anyone. From eBay maybe four or five years ago for around UKP40.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Too long without

spot;1137112 wrote: I do possess speakers, they have no pretensions to surround sound though. They're for if someone else is in the room and I want to be sociable. I can't remember the last time I turned the amplifier on - last October or so at a guess. I use Sennheiser HD 280 pro enclosed headphones for the clarity and to avoid disturbing anyone. From eBay maybe four or five years ago for around UKP40.

I do have digital wireless headphones however for certain dvd's of The Stranglers or Stones live in concert, the entertainment factor is far greater with surround sound. It's also marvellous for watching thrillers. I do not use the system if i have guests but Mr O would not watch and listen to 'Sinister' by the Stranglers any other way. :D:D
spot

Too long without

Post by spot »

oscar;1137120 wrote: I do have digital wireless headphones however for certain dvd's of The Stranglers or Stones live in concert, the entertainment factor is far greater with surround sound. It's also marvellous for watching thrillers. I do not use the system if i have guests but Mr O would not watch and listen to 'Sinister' by the Stranglers any other way. :D:D

It comes down primarily to neighbours. Some people have them within earshot and others don't. I know that if I listen to either a TV or radio or music system using speakers loud enough for me to enjoy it then my sound would intrude on them.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Too long without

spot;1137125 wrote: It comes down primarily to neighbours. Some people have them within earshot and others don't. I know that if I listen to either a TV or radio or music system using speakers loud enough for me to enjoy it then my sound would intrude on them.

This is true however, we are considerate as my semi-detatched neighbour is in a wheelchair but he is away alot of the time. I always check the disabled van is not in the drive before turning on. Our other side is detatched and not affected as i have checked regually with them as they are elderly. Saturdays is my best time as both sides are out. even so, even on low volume, the surround sound is quite awesome.
Oscar Namechange

Too long without

And for your encore????:wah::wah::wah:
spot

Too long without

Post by spot »

oscar;1137196 wrote: And for your encore????:wah::wah::wah:

I'm not sure what you mean. I have neighbours who'd be affected, you don't. What's left to be said?
Oscar Namechange

Too long without

spot;1137255 wrote: I'm not sure what you mean. I have neighbours who'd be affected, you don't. What's left to be said? No No Spot, that post was in answer to the spam that came up from some idiot who posted in all the threads. Carla has since removed his posts but they are still coming up. Jester even put a thread on telling him to reveal his identity. Carla says he's now been banned. This post was not refering to your post about your neighbours but him.
Nomad

Too long without

Post by Nomad »

oscar;1136660 wrote: After a far too long wait..... tonight will see the arrival of my new Surround sound system. I blew the last one.

Tell !

Watcha got going on over there ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Too long without

Post by Odie »

awesome, a new system!:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Too long without

Odie;1137357 wrote: awesome, a new system!:guitarist:guitarist

I've been waiting ages.... Pete won't buy cheap so i had to wait a while.

I remember the first one we got and the first time i watched a movie on it. I could suddenly hear rain hard on windows and i got up to look but realised it was coming from a speaker behind me.

Can't wait for the set up tomorrow and too watch this with all speakers going:

YouTube - The Stranglers - Down In The Sewer ( Royal Albert Hall )

It's not the same on just hi fi.
Oscar Namechange

Too long without

Ok It's now all set up. We tried it out today and it's 'Fierce'.

The Stranglers live at the Royal Albert Hall picks up every one of the orchestra.

Tonight we watched Kill Bill Two on it and we both jumped when the black mamba came flying out the suitcase. We forgot we had 2 speakers behind our heads :yh_rotfl
venus

Too long without

Post by venus »

I thought this was going to be a whole different thread from the intro!!:sneaky:
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
Oscar Namechange

Too long without

venus;1140336 wrote: I thought this was going to be a whole different thread from the intro!!:sneaky: :wah: I'm sure others thought SEX when they saw the title, that's why it's had so many hits :wah::wah:

No, just boring technonogy i'm afraid.

Return to “General Chit Chat”