heart burn

redman

heart burn

Post by redman »

Does anyone know what causes heart burn and also the best remedy to get rid of it ? my wife has been suffering for a while and gets worried in case it is something serious.
Odie

heart burn

Post by Odie »

redman;1137507 wrote: Does anyone know what causes heart burn and also the best remedy to get rid of it ? my wife has been suffering for a while and gets worried in case it is something serious.

acid-reducers, they come in tablets............I use the extra-strength.

I don't buy a name brand, just the store brand.....works in 20 minutes, and make sure she stands up until all pain has gone.......to sit or lie down is unbearable.

acidity can really cause this.

EX: apples, oranges, grapefruit, juices, tomatoes are a huge one.

-spicy foods

-smoking

-stress
Life is just to short for drama.
Bez

heart burn

Post by Bez »

Anything fatty , cheese and sometimes sugary things. I take Gaviscon.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
CARLA

heart burn

Post by CARLA »

First off I would say she needs to be diagnosed to see if it is even "Heart Burn". It could be many things Gallbladder, Ulcers just to name 2. A visit to her Doctor's is the first step.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Bryn Mawr

heart burn

Post by Bryn Mawr »

CARLA;1137958 wrote: First off I would say she needs to be diagnosed to see if it is even "Heart Burn". It could be many things Gallbladder, Ulcers just to name 2. A visit to her Doctor's is the first step.

I second this - persistent heartburn can also be a symptom of developing heart problems.

Get a confirmed diagnosis from the doctor before you treat any persistent symptoms.
qsducks

heart burn

Post by qsducks »

2 tablespoons of baking soda in a glass of cold water. Caution, it makes you burp but it does the trick.
Lon

heart burn

Post by Lon »

redman;1137507 wrote: Does anyone know what causes heart burn and also the best remedy to get rid of it ? my wife has been suffering for a while and gets worried in case it is something serious.

In my particular case it was caused by a almost chicken sized egg gallstone

which was removed 35 years ago. I have not had heartburn since. Have get a scope for gallstones.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

heart burn

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

No but I just learned from a doctor today a sure fire cure for nausea that works better than prescription drugs.

Grate fresh ginger, add some salt and lemon juice and mix it into a paste and put it in your mouth until it is all absorbed by you.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
abbey

heart burn

Post by abbey »

I agree about the ginger, it's wonderful for morning sickness in pregnancy.

I suffered pain and heartburn/reflux for years, I had my gallbladder out and it was like a fairy had waved her magic wand,

No more heartburn......... Bliss. :-6
CARLA

heart burn

Post by CARLA »

If your suffering from persistent pain, or indigestion, you need to see a doctor to get a proper diagnosis. Masking the symptoms may work for a while but it will never go away till you know exactly what your dealing with.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

OpenMind

heart burn

Post by OpenMind »

CARLA;1137958 wrote: First off I would say she needs to be diagnosed to see if it is even "Heart Burn". It could be many things Gallbladder, Ulcers just to name 2. A visit to her Doctor's is the first step.

I would definitely follow this advice. When I was a young man, I asked a mature nurse about these pains and she told me it was just heartburn. In October 2004, I discovered that they were actually heart attacks when I had some 'heartburn' that was really hurting and not going away like normal. I lost the use of my left ventricle, but I'm kinda lucky.

Strange though how no one seems to know what I mean when I say that I no longer have a double heart beat.
along-for-the-ride

heart burn

Post by along-for-the-ride »

As mentioned in this thread, make an appointment with your doctor for your wife first. Go with her.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
dubs

heart burn

Post by dubs »

A Hiatus Hernia, gives the same heartburn symptoms too...Check it out!

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Oscar Namechange

heart burn

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Heartburn is also one of the symptoms for a stomach ulcer. I ignored mine for years drinking milk to ease the pain and got into serious trouble.

Is she taking over the counter pain relief i.e. aspirin or paracetomol? If so stop as they irritate the stomach.

Does the pain become a stabbing pain that feels it is coming out of her back?

As everyone has said....... she needs to see a doctor.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Health and Drug Concerns”