It's back.....

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Tomorrow, we shall begin the endless rounds of consultants, Doctors and worry again.

Two years ago, my husband was given 9 months to live after cancer was found in his prostate, bowel, bladder, uthetha, lymph nodes and muscle. Thanks to a wondeful surgeon who got it all out in time, it was saved from going into his bones, they said, by a few weeks.

For the past few months, his bloods have been abnormal so we pretty much expected the demon to raise it's ugly head again as no surgeon can remove at cell level.

We now know it has re-surfaced as testicular cancer. It will be some days before we know the full extent i.e. weather it has gone into the lymph nodes.

We can only wait and see i suppose.

YouTube - MIchael Jackson I Just Cant Stop Loving You

This is his song although i can't stand the twerp.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
el guapo

It's back.....

Post by el guapo »

sorry to hear this oscar v

send peter my best wishes
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Betty Boop

It's back.....

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1130303 wrote: Tomorrow, we shall begin the endless rounds of consultants, Doctors and worry again.

Two years ago, my husband was given 9 months to live after cancer was found in his prostate, bowel, bladder, uthetha, lymph nodes and muscle. Thanks to a wondeful surgeon who got it all out in time, it was saved from going into his bones, they said, by a few weeks.

For the past few months, his bloods have been abnormal so we pretty much expected the demon to raise it's ugly head again as no surgeon can remove at cell level.

We now know it has re-surfaced as testicular cancer. It will be some days before we know the full extent i.e. weather it has gone into the lymph nodes.

:-4 and :yh_hugs to you Oscar, this is terrible news, will be thinking of you.
Chezzie

It's back.....

Post by Chezzie »

oscar;1130303 wrote: Tomorrow, we shall begin the endless rounds of consultants, Doctors and worry again.

So sorry Oscar, I truly am...

No words just Feelings..
Odie

It's back.....

Post by Odie »

So very very sorry, truly.:(
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

Thankyou everyone. It looks like it will be immediate surgery again providing it hasn't spread too far this time.

I must warn all men around the age of 40 that prostate cancer is the silent killer. There are no symptoms in the early stages and by the time you notice anything, the chances are it has already spread. It begins with the disire to go to to the toilet more regually and once established you may notice a pain in the lower back and in the groin. By the time you get the pain, the damage is done.

Weather you have any syptoms or not, you can insist on a PSA test at your doctor's. This is the only sure way to detect it early on. Also. prostate cancer feeds on testosterone a drop in your sex drive is also a clue.

To date there are only 14 children worldwide who have died of a very rare form of Prostate cancer in the prostate muscle and Peter's son is one of these 14. He dies at 4 years old from this terrible disease.

Under Tony Blair, the government wanted to make screening for men compulsary and raise awareness as in breast cancer with women. 50,000 men in Britain are diagnosed a year and most are diagnosed when it is too advanced and too late. The test is a simple blood test and I'd advise any man to ask his doctor for one.

Cancer Research UK : UK Prostate Cancer mortality statistics
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Kindle

It's back.....

Post by Kindle »

Try and keep your positive attitute. A good mind set is a major aid in battling any disease. We'll hold you both in prayer. :-6

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

Kindle;1130330 wrote: Try and keep your positive attitute. A good mind set is a major aid in battling any disease. We'll hold you both in prayer. :-6

Thankyou Kindle.

The day we stop laughing is the day we die. :):)
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

Jester;1130364 wrote: May the Lord grant you both strength and healing. You're both in my prayers.

Thank you Jester, I appreciate that from you :-4
pinkchick

It's back.....

Post by pinkchick »

Oscar, I'm so very sorry to hear your news.

Please give my love to Peter .. you are both in my prayers.

Stay strong :-4:-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
chonsigirl

It's back.....

Post by chonsigirl »

I shall remember you both in my prayers. :-4
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

pinkchick;1130408 wrote: Oscar, I'm so very sorry to hear your news.

Please give my love to Peter .. you are both in my prayers.

Stay strong :-4:-4

Thanks Chicky..... We have been through it all before and have been half expecting it.

We will keep laughing.

He's just told his mate and his mate asked if he could have his fishing gear if he doesn't make it. They also been laughing that his surgeon will be called 'Ivor Bollockoff'.

He has a brilliant consultant who last time got him straight in for surgery so they won't hang around. We just don't know if it's spread yet.

He's still got o cook the dinner.....he's not getting off that easy :wah:
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

chonsigirl;1130413 wrote: I shall remember you both in my prayers. :-4

Thankyou Chonsi...... I'm sure these things are sent to test us. :thinking::thinking:
fuzzywuzzy

It's back.....

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Oscar my mum was given 6 months or something ..to live .

That was back when I was 15 . I'm 40 now and she is still here and being a nuisence. Granted she's had a lot of Ops and medication and illness but she's still here and still clipping me over the side of the head :wah:

stay strong .............the 'dark side' needs you and Peter.
pinkchick

It's back.....

Post by pinkchick »

oscar;1130416 wrote: Thanks Chicky..... We have been through it all before and have been half expecting it.

We will keep laughing.

He's just told his mate and his mate asked if he could have his fishing gear if he doesn't make it. They also been laughing that his surgeon will be called 'Ivor Bollockoff'.

He has a brilliant consultant who last time got him straight in for surgery so they won't hang around. We just don't know if it's spread yet.

He's still got o cook the dinner.....he's not getting off that easy :wah:

You guys are already part of the way there. You're positive attitude is half the battle :-4:-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

fuzzywuzzy;1130423 wrote: Oscar my mum was given 6 months or something ..to live .

That was back when I was 15 . I'm 40 now and she is still here and being a nuisence. Granted she's had a lot of Ops and medication and illness but she's still here and still clipping me over the side of the head :wah:

stay strong .............the 'dark side' needs you and Peter.
Thanks Buzzy futt. Unfortunately, all my family who were diagnosed have actually died from it but i think medical science is far better than it was. People love to critise the NHS here but they have been wonderfull and it's only due to them he's even alive.

I think a holiday is definately on the cards roght now.

Glad your mum was OK :):)
along-for-the-ride

It's back.....

Post by along-for-the-ride »

My thoughts are with you and your Hubby.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

along-for-the-ride;1130442 wrote: My thoughts are with you and your Hubby.

Thankyou aftr. I just can't imagine an end to us two. The thought never occurs to me. We have too much mischief to make yet. :sneaky:
kazalala

It's back.....

Post by kazalala »

Best wishes to Peter, Oscar:-6 Fingers crossed its not spread:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
abbey

It's back.....

Post by abbey »

My thoughts are with you both and wishing your visit goes well. :yh_sad
Barman

It's back.....

Post by Barman »

I wish Peter and yourself well, keep fighting and hopefully you will win.

Thinking of you both.
mrsK

It's back.....

Post by mrsK »

My thoughts are with you both.

It's a lonely time ,the waiting time.
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
weeder

It's back.....

Post by weeder »

Sorry Oscar. If what they say about being around an upbeat personality can help is true ( and I believe it is ) than being with you can wrought miracles for your husband. I will hope for the best.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Imladris

It's back.....

Post by Imladris »

:-4:-4:-4
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
sunny104

It's back.....

Post by sunny104 »

my thoughts and prayers are with both of you. :-4
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

weeder;1130730 wrote: Sorry Oscar. If what they say about being around an upbeat personality can help is true ( and I believe it is ) than being with you can wrought miracles for your husband. I will hope for the best.

Thanks every-one for all your messages. It always has to be at the worst time and we have builders in at the moment. Tomorrow they are beginning the painting which we're dreading. Stripped dogs and cats again.:yh_rotfl

When he had his surgery to remove the cancer before, the surgeon some-times has to remove some of the base of the penis if the cancer has spread to the uretha. When he had to tell my husband that he'd lost 2 inches of his penis, he said 'oh well, i'll just have to make do with the other 10 inches then'.

I don't know what it is with this cancer malarky, you don't see these murderers and rapists getting it do you?
qsducks

It's back.....

Post by qsducks »

My thoughts are with you Oscar & Mr. Oscar. I hope things go better and give Peter a hug from the Ducky and a hug for you too Mrs. Lots of luck coming your way and you'll be in my thoughts.:-4
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

qsducks;1131051 wrote: My thoughts are with you Oscar & Mr. Oscar. I hope things go better and give Peter a hug from the Ducky and a hug for you too Mrs. Lots of luck coming your way and you'll be in my thoughts.:-4

Thanks Ducky.. I gave him a hug for you. Laughter is the best medicine. He's just got back from the docs and we have been laughing that we hope the Doc washed his hands before examining him again. :wah:
qsducks

It's back.....

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1131056 wrote: Thanks Ducky.. I gave him a hug for you. Laughter is the best medicine. He's just got back from the docs and we have been laughing that we hope the Doc washed his hands before examining him again. :wah:

Do you mind? I'm eating:wah:
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

qsducks;1131057 wrote: Do you mind? I'm eating:wah: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Mr O is baking biscuits now. He's trying a turkish recipee. :-4:-4
qsducks

It's back.....

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1131063 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Mr O is baking biscuits now. He's trying a turkish recipee. :-4:-4

Really? I'll have mine with that raspberry jam and clotted creme and the Earl Grey.:wah:
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

qsducks;1131072 wrote: Really? I'll have mine with that raspberry jam and clotted creme and the Earl Grey.:wah:
They have just come out of the oven. I'm surprised they turned out at all. Mt turkish friend sent him the recipee and said ' three teaspoons of ICONIC sugar'. We think this was icing sugar. She listed the ingrediants and thewn wrote 'You know the rest'. :wah:

He has to survive this cancer..... I can't cook :thinking::thinking:
Chezzie

It's back.....

Post by Chezzie »

oscar;1130975 wrote: Thanks every-one for all your messages. It always has to be at the worst time and we have builders in at the moment. Tomorrow they are beginning the painting which we're dreading. Stripped dogs and cats again.:yh_rotfl

When he had his surgery to remove the cancer before, the surgeon some-times has to remove some of the base of the penis if the cancer has spread to the uretha. When he had to tell my husband that he'd lost 2 inches of his penis, he said 'oh well, i'll just have to make do with the other 10 inches then'.

I don't know what it is with this cancer malarky, you don't see these murderers and rapists getting it do you?

lmao:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

Chezzie;1131094 wrote: lmao:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl The surgeon had to do some re-plumbing as he had to take out some bowel and bladder. When he has a wee, he pharts and when he pharts, he has a wee. Not good it your on the motor-way :wah:
qsducks

It's back.....

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1131118 wrote: The surgeon had to do some re-plumbing as he had to take out some bowel and bladder. When he has a wee, he pharts and when he pharts, he has a wee. Not good it your on the motor-way :wah:

Oh jeez and I thought I was bad. four kids and when I sneeze I fart:wah:
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

qsducks;1131121 wrote: Oh jeez and I thought I was bad. four kids and when I sneeze I fart:wah:

:wah: He pharts when he sneezes too. I dread him getting flu :wah:
Bryn Mawr

It's back.....

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I wish you both the best of fortune - life's a bitch and you need all the breaks you can get. May you get all the breaks that are going.
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

Bryn Mawr;1131205 wrote: I wish you both the best of fortune - life's a bitch and you need all the breaks you can get. May you get all the breaks that are going.

Thanks Bryn..... he beat it before so i'm confident in the NHS. He's going for a scan any day so we will know if it's contained or not.
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

Thankyou to those of you who have sent private messages instead of putting them on here. I appreciate them and it's so thoughtfull.

We are just waiting for Oncology to give him a day for the scan now. That's the worst ....... the waiting :-5
qsducks

It's back.....

Post by qsducks »

I sent you some funny emails to help you laugh.;)
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

qsducks;1131683 wrote: I sent you some funny emails to help you laugh.;)

I got them Jeanne :yh_rotfl I was just going to e mail you to say thanks. I love the pics of 'women stuff'. The cars lined up in colour :yh_rotfl

I send them on to my family, they like them too.

Thanks again,

Pete's been very tired today and has slept alot. This means i have to be quiet :yh_rotfl
qsducks

It's back.....

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1131693 wrote: I got them Jeanne :yh_rotfl I was just going to e mail you to say thanks. I love the pics of 'women stuff'. The cars lined up in colour :yh_rotfl

I send them on to my family, they like them too.

Thanks again,

Pete's been very tired today and has slept alot. This means i have to be quiet :yh_rotfl

take the laptop into the bathroom and line up all that toilet paper against the door:wah: Shhhhhh!!!
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

qsducks;1131696 wrote: take the laptop into the bathroom and line up all that toilet paper against the door:wah: Shhhhhh!!!

Good idea. :wah: We had Painters in today but they were very good. No cats covered in wet paint yet :wah:
qsducks

It's back.....

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1131701 wrote: Good idea. :wah: We had Painters in today but they were very good. No cats covered in wet paint yet :wah:

Thankfully you didn't have bathroom repairs:wah:. Hubs doesn't curse on the job if peeps are around, but lets out a string of obsenities when they aren't around:wah:
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

qsducks;1131704 wrote: Thankfully you didn't have bathroom repairs:wah:. Hubs doesn't curse on the job if peeps are around, but lets out a string of obsenities when they aren't around:wah:

:wah: We had the plumbers a few days ago but they were little Irish Fella's and very quiet.
qsducks

It's back.....

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1131707 wrote: :wah: We had the plumbers a few days ago but they were little Irish Fella's and very quiet.

That's cuz you were home:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

It's back.....

qsducks;1131727 wrote: That's cuz you were home:yh_rotfl

The best were the plasterers. They were Rastafarians and brought their beat box of reagge reagge music. It should all be finished soon and we can have some peace. They all have to turn up at a ridiculous time in the morning as well. And they drink all your tea. :wah:

Return to “Bereaved People”