Trying something new

Free stuff, coupons, cheap stuff, and great deals. No "For Sale" or "Wanted" posts. No posting of "free" deals that require referrals, email addresses, etc.
southern yankee

Trying something new

Post by southern yankee »

I know with the unemployment,stock market, and making a dollar stretch. Why would anyone in their right mind consider starting a new business. Well call me CRAZY. But i am. Since the economy has gone in the toilet. i have noticed Second hand stores,the Goodwill and the Salvation Army stores are busier then ever. So opening a second hand store and having reasonable prices is the way to go. No matter how bad things get. we have to cloth are children. buy good used products for our homes. And like my friends say, i know longer can afford the mall. But there are times i just want to shop. Like i use to.
abbey

Trying something new

Post by abbey »

I think that's a wonderful idea, Where would you get the stuff to sell in your store?
Odie

Trying something new

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1126621 wrote: I know with the unemployment,stock market, and making a dollar stretch. Why would anyone in their right mind consider starting a new business. Well call me CRAZY. But i am. Since the economy has gone in the toilet. i have noticed Second hand stores,the Goodwill and the Salvation Army stores are busier then ever. So opening a second hand store and having reasonable prices is the way to go. No matter how bad things get. we have to cloth are children. buy good used products for our homes. And like my friends say, i know longer can afford the mall. But there are times i just want to shop. Like i use to.

I think your ides is fabulous, you have always had a nak for garage sales, antiques, you'll be great!

We have chains of stores called Value Village here, all second hand stuff, but great finds and bargains galore, clothes for the entire family, furniture, everything you could possibly as for!

good luck sis!:-4
Life is just to short for drama.
Kindle

Trying something new

Post by Kindle »

Instead of being known as the "throw away society", we could become known as the "recycling society". We'd be green. :-6

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
qsducks

Trying something new

Post by qsducks »

Go go for it...I do the second hand stores myself for all my kids. I don't do shoes/sneakers, but do boots.
along-for-the-ride

Trying something new

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Sounds like a great idea, but unless your inventory is donated to you, you may not see much profit. You've got to eat and pay your bills too. ;)

Everybody loves a bargain and now everbody needs a bargain ...so a store as you described should be quite popular in your community. Good luck!:)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Chezzie

Trying something new

Post by Chezzie »

We have a shop here where you can give them your quality clothing to sell on your behalf and they take a cut. Its a good idea for evening gowns etc...
shelbell

Trying something new

Post by shelbell »

I say go for it totally sis!!! It'll be good for you but you'll be really busy. It's good to stay busy. I hope your new business takes off like a rocket!! :-4
Odie

Trying something new

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1129154 wrote: I say go for it totally sis!!! It'll be good for you but you'll be really busy. It's good to stay busy. I hope your new business takes off like a rocket!! :-4

WE WILL BE THE TWO SILENT PARTNERS!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
shelbell

Trying something new

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1129182 wrote: WE WILL BE THE TWO SILENT PARTNERS!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

WE??? SILENT???:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Trying something new

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1129843 wrote: WE??? SILENT???:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_ttth:yh_ttth:yh_ttth

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Return to “Hot Deals Freebies”