Phelps' Bad Judgment

chonsigirl

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by chonsigirl »

Here in his hometown, folks are pretty upset about his behavior.....they haven't forgotten his DUI after the first Olympics he participated in.

'Bad judgment': Phelps pictured with water pipe - Olympic Sports- nbcsports.msnbc.com

TAMPA, Fla. - Michael Phelps is unbeatable in the water. It’s on dry land where he runs into trouble.

Phelps has embarrassed himself again after a triumphant Olympics, this time getting his picture snapped as he inhaled from a marijuana pipe. The photo wound up in a British tabloid Sunday, forcing Phelps to publicly apologize and his handlers to deal with sponsors who are surely none too pleased about the swimmer’s choices away from the pool.

“I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment,” Phelps said in the statement released by one of his agents. “I’m 23 years old and despite the successes I’ve had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again.”

CARLA

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by CARLA »

At least it was a water pipe.. !! :yh_rotfl Not smart Michale you must guard your privacy better than this.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

fuzzywuzzy

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

so he had a pipe .who cares? what business is it of anyone elses? why do we need to know this stuff? he's still winning comps and medals isn't he? Leave him be the poor man.
Kindle

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by Kindle »

It would be an outrage to hold a 24-year old kid to a higher standard than we do our US Cabinet members. God love America. Where else can you have a man who does not pay his income taxes be chosen by the President to become the Treasury Secretary.

Then, a week later, having the President choose another deadbeat, Tom Daschle, as the Health Secretary.

All these men expressed sorrow and regret over their misdeeds. What more could we possibly want? :rolleyes:

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
sunny104

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by sunny104 »

JAB;1125673 wrote: The first time, I could maybe understand the follies of youth but this is just plain stupid. He should know better not to put himself into such a position and that any picture of him is going to get splashed across all forms of media.

all celebrities should be more aware of that! :thinking:
qsducks

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by qsducks »

sunny104;1126015 wrote: all celebrities should be more aware of that! :thinking:

That or he should take up smoking pot in the bathroom or in his own house. Idiot!:wah:
sunny104

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by sunny104 »

qsducks;1126021 wrote: That or he should take up smoking pot in the bathroom or in his own house. Idiot!:wah:

yeah! :wah:
Daniyal

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by Daniyal »

One would think this guy ~ Phelp's , Was God , So he smoke some join , Most of your Movie Star Do Some Real Crazyyyyyyyyy **** , And Yall Still Look Up To Them Some Of You Dress / Look Like Them / Worship Them . Darn So Judgemeatal . And Don't Say It's Because Kids Look Up To Him . Because If That's The Case You Shouldn't Let The Children LQQk At T.V. / Movie / Book Etc Etc .

Ques ; How many of you never try join / wine etc etc ?

By the way I never smoke / drink in my life . And I Not Judgeing Him :)
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
Daniyal

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by Daniyal »

Jester;1126574 wrote: Our movie stars? They aren't yours too?

No .... It's Called Mortal Worship You Being A Christian You Should Know This .

Exodus 20 ; 3 - 5 And I Quote ; Thou Shalt Have No Other ( Gods ) Before Me (4)

Thou ( Shalt ) Not ( Make ) Unto Thee Any ( Graven Image ) Or Any ( Likeness ) Of Any Thing That Is In ( Heaven ) Above , Or That Is In The ( Earth ) Beneath , Or That Is In The Water Under The Earth . ( 5 ) . The ( Shalt ) Not ( Bow Down ) Thy-Self To Them , Nor Serve Them ; For I The Lord Thy ( God ) Am A ( Jealous - God - Visiting ) The ( Iniquity ) Of The ( Father ) Upon The ( Children ) Unto The Third And Fourth Generation Of Them That Hate Me ;
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
qsducks

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by qsducks »

sunny104;1126050 wrote: yeah! :wah:

I know peeps that still smoke pot to this day. Caught my neighbor one day out back smoking away:wah:. She says it takes the edge off:wah:. Yeah, give me some babes. IDK, I just really like the smell of pot.
YZGI

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by YZGI »

The biggest dick in this thing is the supposed buddy or friend who snapped the pic and now is selling it to tabloids for cash. I hope my friends don't snap pics of me when I am less than perect and then try ot bank off of it.
qsducks

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by qsducks »

YZGI;1127094 wrote: The biggest dick in this thing is the supposed buddy or friend who snapped the pic and now is selling it to tabloids for cash. I hope my friends don't snap pics of me when I am less than perect and then try ot bank off of it.

I don't actually smoke pot but used to. Besides, who would know me in the tabs:yh_rotfl
sunny104

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by sunny104 »

YZGI;1127094 wrote: The biggest dick in this thing is the supposed buddy or friend who snapped the pic and now is selling it to tabloids for cash. I hope my friends don't snap pics of me when I am less than perect and then try ot bank off of it.

tell them to post all pics here! :D
YZGI

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by YZGI »

sunny104;1127840 wrote: tell them to post all pics here! :D
erm Uh, No!:yh_rotfl
Clodhopper

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by Clodhopper »

No .... It's Called Mortal Worship You Being A Christian You Should Know This .

Don't know about those Yanks, but over here we mostly laugh at them. Worship? Them? Naaaah.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
devist8me

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by devist8me »

I could care less. Weed should have been made legal long ago. His biggest lesson out of this deal is how carefully he picks his weed smoking friends next time. The dipshit sheriff will not get a conviction anyway, only his 15 minutes of fame from the anti weed brigade. If anything, this just makes Phelp's name more memorable!
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
Daniyal

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by Daniyal »

devist8me;1128453 wrote: I could care less. Weed should have been made legal long ago. His biggest lesson out of this deal is how carefully he picks his weed smoking friends next time. The dipshit sheriff will not get a conviction anyway, only his 15 minutes of fame from the anti weed brigade. If anything, this just makes Phelp's name more memorable!

Very good point .

Kindle

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by Kindle »

I must have become jaded somewhere along the way. I just can't get excited about this indiscretion. It all seems so nothing compared to what the politicians are getting away with.

Daniyal

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by Daniyal »

Kindle;1128794 wrote: I must have become jaded somewhere along the way. I just can't get excited about this indiscretion. It all seems so nothing compared to what the politicians are getting away with.

Believe It Or Not That Was My First Thought , Some One Smokeing Join Should Be The Last Thing People Should Be Worrying About Now Days ! You Would Think They Would Be In The Street Riseing Hell . What The Politician Are Doing And Not Doing . But Hey The Media Give More Attention To Phelp's . Hummmmmmmm Wonder Why .

Kindle

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by Kindle »

Daniyal;1128866 wrote: Believe It Or Not That Was My First Thought , Some One Smokeing Join Should Be The Last Thing People Should Be Worrying About Now Days ! You Would Think They Would Be In The Street Riseing Hell . What The Politician Are Doing And Not Doing . But Hey The Media Give More Attention To Phelp's . Hummmmmmmm Wonder Why .

?????? He's an easy target?????? No one powerful is protecting him????

Daniyal

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by Daniyal »

Kindle;1128904 wrote: ?????? He's an easy target?????? No one powerful is protecting him????

Okkkkkkkkk

chonsigirl

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by chonsigirl »

The kids here in Baltimore are saddened by it, they looked up to him as a role model. And they were looking forward to an aquatic center, with Phelp's sponsors cutting him off, who knows if the funds for that will be available.
Kindle

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by Kindle »

chonsigirl;1128964 wrote: The kids here in Baltimore are saddened by it, they looked up to him as a role model. And they were looking forward to an aquatic center, with Phelp's sponsors cutting him off, who knows if the funds for that will be available.

Oh, that's sad. Never thought of the fall out from this.....................

mrsK

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by mrsK »

Kindle;1128794 wrote: I must have become jaded somewhere along the way. I just can't get excited about this indiscretion. It all seems so nothing compared to what the politicians are getting away with.

I have to agree with you there .

Worse things are happening here & it is in our news .

One mistake,aren't we allowed to make them anymore?
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Kindle

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by Kindle »

mrsK;1128976 wrote: I have to agree with you there .

Worse things are happening here & it is in our news .

One mistake,aren't we allowed to make them anymore?

Maybe because so many other sports figures get away with things, they want to set an example of him..................... :confused:

mrsK

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by mrsK »

Kindle;1128990 wrote: Maybe because so many other sports figures get away with things, they want to set an example of him..................... :confused:

Could be Kindle.

One of our cricketers have had a million chances & now they have finally decided enough is enough.

Some football players have been sacked already & the season hasn't started.

I know there has to be consequences .:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Daniyal

Phelps' Bad Judgment

Post by Daniyal »

U. S Has A Billion $ !,0000,000,000, + Satelilite In The Sky And It's Call God , And It Can Find A Veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Small Diamond At The Bottom Of A Ship , But They Can Stop All These Drug's From Coming Into The U.S. ... People Are Killing Each Other / Dying Over These Drug's . And A Few Here Worry About His Sponsors Cutting Him Of / And Now He Nolonger A Role Model . This Is Sillyness , Whatever Happen To Teaching The Children To Be ( Teacher / Doctor / Lawyer / Judges / Scientist Etc Etc . 90% + Who Are In Sports Are Un- Educated , And Once They Get Hurt They Are Done . Very Few Get Pick To Report The Sports . What's Funny / Sad More Then Half Of You May Have Smoke A Join Use Some Type Of Drug's / Alcohol Once In Your Life . But Yet For Some Reson SOME Of You Feel You Have A Right To Judge Him LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Return to “Societal Issues News”