Now Wot!!!

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
Raven

Now Wot!!!

Post by Raven »

Did I just hear right? The Royal Bank of Scotland just collapsed!!:-3
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Carolly

Now Wot!!!

Post by Carolly »

Raven;1114017 wrote: Did I just hear right? The Royal Bank of Scotland just collapsed!!:-3Read this Raven.......the end of 313 years of Scottish Banking.

End of 313 years in Scots banking - Times Online
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Raven

Now Wot!!!

Post by Raven »

Carolly;1114018 wrote: Read this Raven.......the end of 313 years of Scottish Banking.

End of 313 years in Scots banking - Times Online

Thats just sad.

I'm having a hard time finding ANYTHING Britain actually OWNS of it's own infrastructure now. They have sold everything! Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Land Rover, British Energy is owned by the French, BAA is owned by the Spanish, P&O is owned by UAE, Is there anything left that is actually BRITISH?

The only institutions I have found so far, are National Trust, and English Heritage. British Museum and so on..

Even the footsie is up for grabs!

I love this country. But I worry about it's future.
Carolly

Now Wot!!!

Post by Carolly »

Raven;1114022 wrote: Thats just sad.

I'm having a hard time finding ANYTHING Britain actually OWNS of it's own infrastructure now. They have sold everything! Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Land Rover, British Energy is owned by the French, BAA is owned by the Spanish, P&O is owned by UAE, Is there anything left that is actually BRITISH?

The only institutions I have found so far, are National Trust, and English Heritage. British Museum and so on..

I have to agree.....fellow Essex person;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Raven

Now Wot!!!

Post by Raven »

Carolly;1114048 wrote: I have to agree.....fellow Essex person;)
Quite happy to have found myself landed here! Hubby made me an essex gal, and proud to be one! :yh_rotfl (dont have white stiletto's just yet tho)
chonsigirl

Now Wot!!!

Post by chonsigirl »

It is nice to see you, Raven :)
Raven

Now Wot!!!

Post by Raven »

Glad to see you too Chonsi! Hows things?
mikeinie

Now Wot!!!

Post by mikeinie »

Raven;1114017 wrote: Did I just hear right? The Royal Bank of Scotland just collapsed!!:-3

You scared the hell out of me, they did not collapse, they have been taken over by Lloyds. Although it is a sad day for Scotland with the loss of a traditional bank, the bank has not collapsed.
Raven

Now Wot!!!

Post by Raven »

mikeinie;1114128 wrote: You scared the hell out of me, they did not collapse, they have been taken over by Lloyds. Although it is a sad day for Scotland with the loss of a traditional bank, the bank has not collapsed.
Sorry about that mate. I was listening on news and the lady said collapse! Stupid newsreaders i'm afraid! Scared me and all! It tis a very sad day for Scotland. fading to the tune 'you take the high road and i'll take the low..........meet on the banks of Lochloooooman'
Carolly

Now Wot!!!

Post by Carolly »

Raven;1114066 wrote: Quite happy to have found myself landed here! Hubby made me an essex gal, and proud to be one! :yh_rotfl (dont have white stiletto's just yet tho)I used to wear them 100 years ago:-5:-5.....and so you should be proud to be an Essex Girl;):D
Raven

Now Wot!!!

Post by Raven »

Carolly;1114198 wrote: I used to wear them 100 years ago:-5:-5.....and so you should be proud to be an Essex Girl;):D
LOL! Innit!

Seriously, all you have to do is go two miles either side of the highway and then you see it......the green and pleasant land. Full of all the goodness that makes Britain great. But it's the people on this tiny Isle that make it perfect. For me anyway.:-4
Carolly

Now Wot!!!

Post by Carolly »

Raven;1114201 wrote: LOL! Innit!

Seriously, all you have to do is go two miles either side of the highway and then you see it......the green and pleasant land. Full of all the goodness that makes Britain great. But it's the people on this tiny Isle that make it perfect. For me anyway.:-4I live in a village and we have Farmland behind us....its what made me move out here tbh.....and yet I can get to Colchester.....Chelmsford.....Basildon......Southend......Clacton with no prob and often do.....best of both worlds;)
Raven

Now Wot!!!

Post by Raven »

Carolly;1114288 wrote: I live in a village and we have Farmland behind us....its what made me move out here tbh.....and yet I can get to Colchester.....Chelmsford.....Basildon......Southend......Clacton with no prob and often do.....best of both worlds;)
Yeah when I qualify in a couple years we're moving to the country. And get a BIG sloppy Old English sheep dog. My two mogs will just LOVE that! hehehehe NOT! We go camping every summer. And the wonderful things we have seen! Fabulous!
Carolly

Now Wot!!!

Post by Carolly »

Raven;1114298 wrote: Yeah when I qualify in a couple years we're moving to the country. And get a BIG sloppy Old English sheep dog. My two mogs will just LOVE that! hehehehe NOT! We go camping every summer. And the wonderful things we have seen! Fabulous!I have 6 dogs.....had 13 at one time......or was it 12:-3....had 8 cats.....chickens....rabbits.....have a ducky and geese left.....I lost alot to the Foxes but still dont believe in hunting.Mind you what this all has to do with the Scottish Bank I have no idea:yh_rotfl;)Still its your thread;)
Oscar Namechange

Now Wot!!!

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Raven;1114022 wrote: Thats just sad.

And who sold them Raven?? Nasty Gordon Brown? No........ THATCHER AND THE CONSERVATIVE GOVERNMENT
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Now Wot!!!

mikeinie;1114128 wrote: You scared the hell out of me, they did not collapse, they have been taken over by Lloyds. Although it is a sad day for Scotland with the loss of a traditional bank, the bank has not collapsed.

Trust you to go and spoil their fun by stating the facts. There they were having so much fun blaming Gordon Brown as well :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Now Wot!!!

Post by spot »

It's not even that - it's an entirely different bank which Lloyds TSB bought. That's the Bank of Scotland, not RBS.

The Royal Bank of Scotland, on the other hand, is merely having problems."Credit and market conditions in the fourth quarter of 2008 were particularly challenging," RBS said in a trading update.

RBS led a consortium, which also included Dutch bank Fortis and Spain's Santander, that bought ABN Amro in 2007.

BBC business editor Robert Peston said that the acquisition "must now rank as one of the worst and most ill-timed takeovers in history".

But he also added: "No one should fear, however, that this is a bust bank."

BBC NEWS | Business | RBS shares plunge on record loss

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
abbey

Now Wot!!!

Post by abbey »

Raven;1114066 wrote: Quite happy to have found myself landed here! Hubby made me an essex gal, and proud to be one! :yh_rotfl (dont have white stiletto's just yet tho):wah:
Bryn Mawr

Now Wot!!!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Raven;1114017 wrote: Did I just hear right? The Royal Bank of Scotland just collapsed!!:-3

We're not dead yet Raven - on the ropes maybe but still fighting.
Bryn Mawr

Now Wot!!!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Excuse me but could you please repeat that - I hope I didn't hear it correctly.

I really do hope that you're mistaking us for the Bank of Scotland who, as part of HBOS, have been "merged" with Lloyds.
Barman

Now Wot!!!

Post by Barman »

Just ensure you have a valid passport and get ready to run.

I have a transporter room so i dont care.:D
Oscar Namechange

Now Wot!!!

Leave me alone;1114614 wrote: Just ensure you have a valid passport and get ready to run.

I have a transporter room so i dont care.:D
Raven has posted a serious thread. If you want to make a fool of yourself by debasing her thread, then go and post your own thread.
Barman

Now Wot!!!

Post by Barman »

oscar;1114625 wrote: Raven has posted a serious thread. If you want to make a fool of yourself by debasing her thread, then go and post your own thread.

You go soak your head and mind your own business. :yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Now Wot!!!

Leave me alone;1114695 wrote: You go soak your head and mind your own business. :yh_rotfl

You really are pathetic arn't you?

What part of 'Raven has posted a serious thread into the Bank of Scotland crisis' do you not understand?
Barman

Now Wot!!!

Post by Barman »

oscar;1114697 wrote: You really are pathetic arn't you?

What part of 'Raven has posted a serious thread into the Bank of Scotland crisis' do you not understand?

Listen to yourself you sad cow:yh_rotfl, and check the spelling dope.:rolleyes:
Oscar Namechange

Now Wot!!!

Leave me alone;1114703 wrote: Listen to yourself you sad cow:yh_rotfl, and check the spelling dope.:rolleyes:

To respond further would be to come down to your simpleton level.

By the way, we have Mods on here who view every post. keep it up and you'll be de-registered. If you can't act sensibly, then this forum is not for you. You'll end up turning every one against you.

p.s. I must apologise..... You seem to be mistaking me for some-one else.

Some-one who actually gives a shyte about you.
Peter Lake

Now Wot!!!

Post by Peter Lake »

Leave me alone;1114703 wrote: Listen to yourself you sad cow:yh_rotfl, and check the spelling dope.:rolleyes:

Are you going to the Forum Garden meet up in London at the weekend?

Only, I'd rather like to meet you.
Barman

Now Wot!!!

Post by Barman »

Peter Lake;1114757 wrote: Are you going to the Forum Garden meet up in London at the weekend?

Only, I'd rather like to meet you.

Well hi there Peter, be nice to meet you also.

Very admirable of you old chap playing the gallant thingy and all that.:D

Am i going to the meet? Well i was at the beginning seeing as how i started the whole darn thing off;). It all got a bit heavy what with talk of secret santa's and all. Wifeys birthday must come first though and we have a very busy weekend with lots of things booked, i will try my damnedest to pop in and see you as no doubt you will want buy me a pint, might even buy you and the old warhorse one back.
Barman

Now Wot!!!

Post by Barman »

oscar;1114625 wrote: Raven has posted a serious thread. If you want to make a fool of yourself by debasing her thread, then go and post your own thread.

Hey that was a serious answer:D

You disappointed me there Oscar, to think i once crowned you the best wind up merchant on FG:) Well that title must go back to Jimbo I'm afraid, sorry:D.

You had me in stitches though, i loved the names you called me, thought you would have lasted much longer. Mind you, just as well, would have got my account deleted. :D

I think i have been scolded, and i was already hatching my next dastardly

plan, might have to put it on hold for a couple of days, fun ain't wot it used to be.

Mexican indeed:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Peter Lake

Now Wot!!!

Post by Peter Lake »

Leave me alone;1116177 wrote: Well hi there Peter, be nice to meet you also.

Very admirable of you old chap playing the gallant thingy and all that.:D

Am i going to the meet? Well i was at the beginning seeing as how i started the whole darn thing off;). It all got a bit heavy what with talk of secret santa's and all. Wifeys birthday must come first though and we have a very busy weekend with lots of things booked, i will try my damnedest to pop in and see you as no doubt you will want buy me a pint, might even buy you and the old warhorse one back.

Interesting.
Raven

Now Wot!!!

Post by Raven »

Bryn Mawr;1114602 wrote: We're not dead yet Raven - on the ropes maybe but still fighting.
Guilty of hearing the BBC news reader say Royal Bank of Scotland collapsed, I'm afraid. Dont know why, but the thought of that grande dame of an institution going bust really unnerved me for a moment. Like Barrons a few years back.

Glad to see she was wrong!

Return to “England”